LEB Discussion Thread '09

Status
Not open for further replies.

stonegod

Spawn of Khyber/LEB Judge
Fleshed out a lot more of the charter; only character creation, approved sources, and rewards (players & DMs). That last bit is still under going some discussion here.

I've also put a in-forum charter thread that mostly just points back to the relevant parts of the wiki. Should make editing easier. :)

Getting closer. Please, everyone have a look at the charter so far and let me know if you have any questions/concerns. Its mostly similar to the old LEB/L4W charters but hopefully split up in a way that's more user friendly.

Now to work on Judges...

stonegod

So, how about this for awards:
Players
- Players received 1 Player Point per full month of play. This point is forfeit if they bail out on the adventure.
- Player Points are redeemable for the XP of monster of their level. In addition, they receive (or will be allocated by the DM at some point) (13/9 * Magic item n in gold)/10 gp
- Every 10 Player Points means a player goes up a level. At that point, they also get a item of level + 2 of their choice (generally to be allocated by the DM at some point, unless they are between games).

Player Points may be rewarded when a DM gives XP and other rewards or at the end of an adventure.

(Benefit of this approach is that is works well with the 10 monsters/parcels per level scheme already in the game.)

DM
- DMs get 1 DM Point per month awarded when the game is complete (no partial awards for bailing w/o warning)
- A DM point is redeemable for 2 Player Points.

Feel free to critique.

ukingsken

First Post
Well I just want to say Stonegod the wiki looks amazing! As for the content I dont see any glaring errors on my first read through but I'll take a closer look again once I digest the general read.

The reward scheme sounds solid to me, and I like that DM rewards are more valuable. Should incourage more DM's.

And I would like to put forward my name for judging if you'd have me! If not I'll work hard to upgrade my credentials!!

Goumindong

First Post
I can judge characters if you need. I don't have time to actually judge games however.

I just want to speed the ability of me making a psion.

garyh

First Post
I don't have time to take a leadership role with the new Living Eberron on top of L4W, but I am watching with interest, and looking forward to creating a character here. :)

EvolutionKB

First Post
[quote(13/9 * Magic item n in gold)/10 gp][/quote]

I'd would modify the formula(13/9 is supposed to be a fraction right?), what does n equal? Maybe sum things with an example: A character goes on an adventure gains enough exp to advance to level 2, thus gaining one point which they can then cash in for...

Also did we ever figure out whether we are starting at level 3, level 1 or let people choose in that range?

stonegod

'd would modify the formula(13/9 is supposed to be a fraction right?), what does n equal? Maybe sum things with an example: A character goes on an adventure gains enough exp to advance to level 2, thus gaining one point which they can then cash in for...
13/9 of a level n item (where n is the player's level). A PC level 1 would get 13/9*360gp (divided over 10 increments), etc. 13/9 is the exact fraction WotC uses for a "single PC" parcel distrubution in the DMG.

I'm tempted to just make it the gp of one level n item divided over 10 increments to make things easier.

Also did we ever figure out whether we are starting at level 3, level 1 or let people choose in that range?
Consensus wasn't clear. DEFCON posited allowing a choice from 1 or 4, and while I see his point about level 4 (being more interesting than 3), I'm not 100% sold. Don't want too much of a gap (though r1 posited that the gap isn't all that).

EvolutionKB

First Post
Stonegod said:
13/9 of a level n item (where n is the player's level). A PC level 1 would get 13/9*360gp (divided over 10 increments), etc. 13/9 is the exact fraction WotC uses for a "single PC" parcel distrubution in the DMG.

I'm tempted to just make it the gp of one level n item divided over 10 increments to make things easier.

People(unless you are a math major ;) ) tend to dislike fractions. I'd rather see the gp of one level n item...

It may be because I just got off of third shift :yawn:, but player points take the place of time gold/time xp right?(that is, in addition to the normal parcels)

Stonegod said:
Consensus wasn't clear. DEFCON posited allowing a choice from 1 or 4, and while I see his point about level 4 (being more interesting than 3), I'm not 100% sold. Don't want too much of a gap (though r1 posited that the gap isn't all that).

1-4 does feel a bit too big of a gap. I don't know about others but because level 4 is a "big one", I tend to feel better about myself when I get there. Starting there would take away from that sense of accomplishment.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads