• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Legacy of Death Part VI: Like a Snake Eating its Own Tail...and it is Dead

Buckthorn

First Post
Buckthorn fails his first save (4). Assuming Simorai helps him with Swift Mender Buckthorn rolled again and made the second save. Assuming he is not turned to stone... Buckthorn suggests carefully examining that nice pile of gold.

TerraDave

5ever, or until 2024
Yep, sure are a lot of assumptions in that post.

Buckthorn solidifies into a statue of himself.

(And I think Randy, over many years, has played the only characters turned to stone in my campaigns)

dyermaker001

Explorer
"I think I have a scroll in here somewhere for this." Nar-Heru digs in his back back for few minutes and pulls out a scroll. "This will take me 30 minutes or so, and can't be interrupted, but Buckthorn should be returned to flesh. He may need some healing after as well."

Remove Affliction ritual scroll, Heal check 15, Buckthorn takes damage equal to 1/2 total hit points.

Last edited:

TerraDave

5ever, or until 2024
The ritual is completed, no other basilisks or anything else arrives, and the halfling is restored, albeit feeling a bit worse for wear.

TerraDave

5ever, or until 2024
You find thousands in gold, silver and valuable objects d'art.

You also see the skeleton of a dwarf, next to which, on the wall, is scrawled some crude dwarven runes.

TerraDave

5ever, or until 2024
Even by Forge's standards, the writing is crude. Possibly written by someone barely literate, or in duress, or both.

"I sorry for those stone from monster. Greed and hunger too much. Now Billim stone. Can take no more"

Remove ads