• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Legacy of Death Part VI: Like a Snake Eating its Own Tail...and it is Dead

ecayford

First Post
"A sad state indeed." Forge will make what looks to be a last check around the ruins for any other exits or objects of interest. (34 perception) If none are found, he suggests gathering the treasure and moving on.

Jin Abackis

Explorer
Good work Forge, I didn’t know you could read.” Without touching anything, Simorai examines the treasure for anything magical (Arcana - 29). He also tries to recall if "Billim" means anything to him (History - 28 ).

TerraDave

5ever, or until 2024
No magic is found.

The wall to the south of the treasure area is made up of stones. One might be able to tunnel through, with a fair amount of effort.

I knew a time when the dwarves of this land, albiet arrogant with wealth and power, at least had a noble reputation. I suppose it is now the Shadow Coast that lives up to its reputation.

I have made an out character post on this

http://www.enworld.org/forum/showth...eath-OoC/page2&p=6141205&posted=1#post6141205

dyermaker001

Explorer
"Before we dig, might there be something beyond the waterfall to the North? It appears as if we might pass through it. Or did you already look? I Forget."

TerraDave

5ever, or until 2024
The waterfall opens to the outside.

Quite a bit of hard digging (more then just a few hours) would be involved in moving the stones.

ecayford

First Post
"I will leave it up to you to decide whether the effort is worth it. Is there any way for you wizards to determine if anything of note likes beyond?" Was Forge able to determine anything through his dungeoneering? Like whether it sounded as if an open space lies beyond?

Jin Abackis

Explorer
Simorai has heard of a ritual called Clear the Path that would be helpful. But he does not have it in his ritual book. Maybe Nar has it in his book of black magic.
Thinking that the waterfall may be a portal, Simorai walks over and examines it (arcana - 24). He also throws a rock through it to see if lands outside or disappears.

dyermaker001

Explorer
"It's good to have someone that understands these things. I don't think Clear the Path would work here, as it seems built, not rubble. I was thinking more of Passwall. I could also scry beyond but I would need to return to Watercross and procure a crystal ball, and there's no guarantee I would find an open space. It seems we may be best off returning for now.​"

Jin Abackis

Explorer
Simorai nods his head as acknowledgement of Nar’s mastery of excavation techniques. Clearly his years of arcane study have not been in vain. But wouldn’t a mirror also work for scrying.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads