• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Legends of Hawaiki 2: Where the Wild Things Are

G

Guest 11456

Upon seeing the leaf debris below the creature burst into flames Tu-Ru tries to step away from the flames. However at that moment his large club is in such a position as to knock the O'Punga off balance. He grits his teeth as the flames lap at his exposed feet and thighs. [Save roll 1 + mod 3 = 4 (failed)]

Tonguez

A suffusion of yellow
The worm is soon dispatched its body flails about the green bile dripping from its wounds lighting a few more fires as it dies and is consumed by its own flames.

Tatiki, Lani and Wai are sporting a few bruises, and in Lani's case along with Tu-Ru's stinging from the burns recieved. Puna Tani alone seems to have got by unscathed.

You are now at the bottom of a steep shingle covered slope which will need to be climbed to get back onto your intended trail. Behind you grows a patch of fern and other undergrowth leading to the entrance of the cut. The flames of the worms demise burn still sending an acrid and thick black-green smoke into the air

Argent Silvermage

First Post
Tatiki searches for signs of other predaters around. "I'm sure that this smoke will attract attention. it's best we were gone from here."

Tatiki looks at the hole the worm left behind wondering where it goes and if they will fit into it if need be.

(sorry for the incomplete Tatiki in the gallery. I'll update tomorrow,)

wolff96

First Post
Wai covers his mouth and coughs heavily.

"That smoke is terrible! I don't think I've ever smelled anything that disgusting." Wai turns, looking around at the area he currently stands in. He stifles another cough and says, "Tatiki is probably right about the smoke bringing other things. Let's get out of here. Um... any ideas? I'm not a good climber."

He then coughs again as he accidentally inhales more of the smoke.

Seonaid

Explorer
Lani's eyes water and she tries hard not to breathe, or to move in such a way that makes her burns sting more. "Perhaps it would be easier if you all came down here? Can we get to where we're going down here?" [If the vegetation and such make it obviously impossible to travel, she would not say that. :D Also, how much fire damage do I take?]

Tonguez

A suffusion of yellow
Lani Fire Damage 6 => current HP 12, Tu-Ru Fire Damage 9 => Current HP 25
Wai Fall damage 3 => Current HP 13, Tatiki Worm Damage 9, Puna Tani None

The Undergrowth behind you is thick and for all but Tatiki will be slow going if you do decide to push your way forward. You can probably find an easier climb out of the gorge that way though it does take you closer to The Cut. There are currently no other predators in sight but of course you can not be sure without a better look around.

By now the worm is a charred remnant, yet the fire still burns around it, checking its hole you see that it is too narrow for any of you to fit into, although an arm could be inserted comfortably. The sides a perfectly smooth and dark - fused like obsidian.

As you continue to look about you spot the charred remains of some other creature lying nearby completely burnt except for a few bones and what appears to be a hard black sheild covered in a regular series of ridges - it is the only thing that has remained unburnt...

Last edited:

Argent Silvermage

First Post
Moving with grace and ease Tatiki retrieves the shield and whatever else there may be from the ashes saying, "I can go through this overgrowth with ease but I think we may now have to get everyone throught the Cut. most of us will have too much trouble getting up the slope from here."

wolff96

First Post
Wai looks toward Tatiki, curious to see what he might have found.

"Well, it wouldn't have been my first choice, obviously, but at least the path over the Cut will be shorter."

Mirth

Explorer
OOC: Sorry if I'm holding the game up. A two-day out-of-towner became a four-day all-star event (that's also the most hyphens I think I've ever put in one sentence). I'll try and post tomorrow.

Remove ads