• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Legends of Hawaiki 2: Where the Wild Things Are

Tonguez

A suffusion of yellow
ooc Not a problem Mirth - I am a man of infinity patience, plus it gives me more time to get even more fiendish with my ideas! :cool:

ic:

The push through the undergrowth is tough going for all but Tatiki who seems to glide through the same area that you must hack and thrust your way into stepping lightly least you fall, or stub a toe or some other misfortune. You are getting wet from the dampness of the undergrowth, getting scratched from exposed thorns and no doubt getting miffed from the hard slog.

There is an occasional bare patch which allows you to stand and take your bearings as you move through - ahead of you the entrance to the Cut gapes open behind a path of uneven rugged stone, to your right the gorge again slopes upwards, a gentler slope, covered with scrub trees that could probably be walked up with relative ease - but then you can not see exactly where or if it rejoins the path over the hills.

(ooc keep on pushing through and let me know what you want to do)

Last edited:

Seonaid

Explorer
Lani slogs through the undergrowth, wishing she'd never met that stupid worm and wishing she could go for a nice clean swim in the ocean. At that thought, she sighs, thinking how far away the water is and how long it will be until she can truly enjoy it again. She wipes the sweat from her forehead, leaving a smear of dirt from when she had scrabbled around on the ground, and continues on resignedly. [She will follow the others; I figure Tatiki probably knows the best.]

G

Guest 11456

Because of the large O'Punga's size, Tu-Ru finds it especially difficult to navigate the undergrowth. But his high strength helps him better navigate through the vegetation. He wishes he had brought some type of cutting tool to better travel through these plants.

wolff96

First Post
Wai stumbles through the tangles and thickets, too tired to even appreciate the sight of Lani walking in front of him. Behind him, he can hear Tu-Ru shoving through the tangled greenery.

"I hate to complain, but can we take a break? I've just about walked my feet off." Wai shrugs his shoulders, the unaccustomed weight of his backpack having abraded his skin fiercely. "At least let's grab a quick meal before it gets dark... or just sit for a minute."

Mirth

Explorer
"I have some small bit of healing magic, if anyone needs it. While you all rest, I could scout that area up the gorge to the right," Puna Tani suggests. "It seems an easier climb, but I'm not sure if it will take us where we want to go."

Seonaid

Explorer
Lani checks the ground and plops down after she ensures it's safe, rolling her eyes at Tatiki's enthusiasm. Just wait till I get you in the water again, she thinks.

wolff96

First Post
Wai plops down with a heartfelt sigh of relief. As Puna Tani and Tatiki move away, he watches them carefully, trying to judge when they will be out of earshot.

As soon as he thinks it is safe, he turns to his other friends and says, "Are those two for real? At least I can understand Tatiki -- he's always been a little crazy -- but Puna Tani? Does anyone know him that well?" Wai grunts as he removes his sandals and begins trying to massage some life back into his feet.

"Volunteering for EXTRA walking to scout? They must both be nuts." Wai then leans back against a convenient tree and closes his eyes, enjoying the moment of peace. "And here I thought adventures were supposed to be fun... all this walking. Not to mention getting attacked by an overgrown worm..." Wai's grumbling trails off as he falls asleep sitting up.

G

Guest 11456

Tu-Ru nods at the talk of rest.

"Me iz ready tah rest!"

The O'Punga plops down right where he was standing.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads