Leif's All-Eladrin DweomerFall Saga [4E, IC01]

Leif

Adventurer
Entering Shine

The additional enchantment paced on the hooves of the Phaedrans' Feywild Chargers is sufficient, and Shine now awaits you in the meadow where there was only grass moments ago.

Shine is an orderly assortment of spires of various colors and textures with a large number of pools of liquid scattered between them. You see a few people there, Eladrin, that is, some walking in the meadow, some bathing in pools.

Last edited:

Leif

Adventurer
In Shine - Gleithendale the Resonant

One spire within the array of towers that is Shine seems to beckon you -- it glows with a preternatural fervor when you view it peripherally, but when you look at it directly it seems rather ordinary, if of extremely fine and expensive construction and materials. Your chargers have evidently picked up on this, too, because they seem to be picking their way gradually closer and closer to the tower, unless you intervene and direct them elsewhere. In due course, you arrive sufficiently close to this tower so that you can read the name woven into the elaborate arched mithril trellis above the gate: "House Gleithendale" it reads in the Eladrin tongue, or High Elvish, referring, you presume, to the family owning the spire, not the 'stone and mortar' house itself. It is a tall and delicate spire, built in a twisting fashion that completes a full-circle twist in forty feet of height. You count three full twists that the tower makes as it rises skyward. At its apex the spire spreads into a broader platform that overhangs the twisting 'stalk' of the spire by some twenty-five feet all the way around the perimeter.

Last edited:

Walking Dad

First Post
Galin

Galin is ready to follow Sulannus inside, as she got the invitation. But someone should perhaps keep an eye on the feychargers.

[sblock=OOC]

Immediate Action: Use Shield, if it would prevent a hit.

[sblock=Character Sheet]
Galin
Perception: 20 Insight: 15 Low-light Vision
AC 25 Fortitude 19 Reflex 22 Will 21
Initiative: +10
Hit Points: 66 / 66 Bloodied: 33
Temporary Hit Points: 0
Resist: -
Saving Throw: +5 vs Charm
Action Points: 1 Second Wind: 1
Milestones: 0.5
Healing Surge: 16 Surges per day: 9 / 9
At-Will Powers: Dazzling Sunray, Shadow Sever, Unseen Hand, Magic Missle, Save Banishment
Encounter Powers: Bladesong, Shield
Daily Powers: Grasping Shadows, Fire Shroud

Condition:
[/sblock][/sblock]

Leif

Adventurer

Feywild Chargers

Galin's Charger looks at him and says. "Don't worry about us. We'll just hang close and maybe eat some grass or something. Some water might be nice...."

Last edited:

Scotley

Hero
Quarion slips off his mount gracefully and pats the Chargers neck. "We'll see about getting you some water. Stay close I have a sense that we might be departing in haste." He strolls about while someone else goes to the door as if stretching his legs after a long ride, but his purpose is to see if anyone is watching them from above.

Lou

Explorer
Rinivan

Rinivan drops off his steed, trying to gain his footing as the charger steps sideways with a snort. "Hey, be nice!" He says as he drops the reins.

Looking up at the spire, he remarks, "Those twists are kinds cool."

Leif

Adventurer

OOC: Don'tcha just hate having talking horses? :)

Quarion slips off his mount gracefully and pats the Chargers neck. "We'll see about getting you some water. Stay close I have a sense that we might be departing in haste." He strolls about while someone else goes to the door as if stretching his legs after a long ride, but his purpose is to see if anyone is watching them from above.
"Thanks, man, 'preesh,' but don't go to trouble on my account, I'm ok. And don't worry, I'll keep these knuckleheads riiiight here," the charger says with a nod and a snort (horse talk for a wink).

Quarion sees no one looking back at him.
Rinivan drops off his steed, trying to gain his footing as the charger steps sideways with a snort. "Hey, be nice!" He says as he drops the reins.

Looking up at the spire, he remarks, "Those twists are kinda cool."
"If you weren't always looking up and paying no attention to your surroundings, you wouldn't be nearly so easy to mess with. Nor nearly as much fun. Thanks. *SNORT!*"

Last edited:

Leif

Adventurer

The siblings find themselves standing on the stoop of Gleithendale's tower in Shine. They ring the chime, and it is answered by an automaton shaped like a short, 4 feet tall, Eladrin. When you ask for Gleithendale,"he" leads you up to the fourth floor and to sitting room where "he" gestures to couches and goes to fetch Gleithendale. Moments later, you are joined by a very, very tall Eladrin dressed in extremely fine robes who says, "I am Gleithendale the Resonant. I understand that you have a most interesting problem on your hands. How may I be of service to your quest."

Walking Dad

First Post
Galin

"Profanely speaking, we need to drain a lake.
In a more specific way, we search for a ritual to create a portal from an underwater location that is water pervious and ends at a dry location. Maybe my siblings can be more specific."

Galin begins to describe what they need.

[sblock=OOC]

Immediate Action: Use Shield, if it would prevent a hit.

[sblock=Character Sheet]
Galin
Perception: 20 Insight: 15 Low-light Vision
AC 25 Fortitude 19 Reflex 22 Will 21
Initiative: +10
Hit Points: 66 / 66 Bloodied: 33
Temporary Hit Points: 0
Resist: -
Saving Throw: +5 vs Charm
Action Points: 1 Second Wind: 1
Milestones: 0.5
Healing Surge: 16 Surges per day: 9 / 9
At-Will Powers: Dazzling Sunray, Shadow Sever, Unseen Hand, Magic Missle, Save Banishment
Encounter Powers: Bladesong, Shield
Daily Powers: Grasping Shadows, Fire Shroud

Condition:
[/sblock][/sblock]

Leif

Adventurer

Gleithendale strokes his chin and says, "Hmmm, very well, how large is the lake in cubic yards?"

Remove ads