Leif's All-Eladrin DweomerFall Saga [4E, IC01]

Leif

Adventurer
In The Laughing Gull -- Yrellen

"Don't get snappy with me, Sulannus," says Yrellen imperiously. "I'm only pointing out the obvious shortcoming in your plan -- you speak of having a discussion with Dragonmage Archangault when the last time you and he were in close proximity you were all trying like mad to kill each other. I should think that appearing unannounced on the doorstep of his homey fen would tend to lead to an encore performance of that prior battle. Perhaps you should look for a way to advertise your intentions before you arrive. You're a bard, Sulannus -- 'music hath charms' they say...."

Last edited:

Sparky

Sitting is a luxury that Harnithael eschews.

Wine is not.

He leans against a glossy oaken column and stares into his goblet. Even at ease, there is tension in the man - a bowstring stretched taut. Though he seems absorbed by the wine before him, little occurs that escapes his notice. He has been still and silent, listening, waiting for the idle banter to turn to important matters.

Yrellen's presence is powerful, intoxicating. Her voice, music. She did goad them so, though. He wonders - not the first time - if she was even aware of it. And concludes the same thing he always does. Of course she is.

The ranger cocks his head. Outside, a harsh, high call splits the oncoming night. A rush of exhilaration fills Harnithael's chest as Kyrmanthos falls like the twilight, inevitable. Harnithael tastes metal. Blood. Victory. The feywing has taken prey.

Good. He will be calmer tonight.

Harnithael clears his throat and puts his goblet down. He straightens bows from the neck to Princess Yrellen. His voice is like bowsong, thrumming and resonant. "Pardon my sister, Your Royal Highness, she - all of us - are on edge. This is grim business and we're in the teeth of it."

He gestures indicating the room, "We thank You for this welcome respite from the Wilds and our Quest. And for Your counsel."

He looks around the room, hawk's gaze stopping at each face. Brow furrowed, "So the next step begins. Sulannus is right, the Dragonmage is no fool. I want to know what he knows. He suspects we're to blame. I want to know if he's right."

Harnithael purses his lips, "What do we know about him? Or what can we find out about him?"

He stoops and takes up his wine again, drinking deeply. He pauses, thinking. A twinkle just for his little sister glimmers briefly in the ranger's eyes, "And... what if he doesn't like music?"

Walking Dad

First Post
Galin

Shade grows agitated as he notes the growing tension between the princess and the rest. Before he can growl or doing anything unwise, Galin makes a short gesture and the blink dog shimmers away from this plane of existence. Rest and good hunt, my friend.
"Dear siblings, Princess, I think we shouldn't underestimate the intelligence and wisdom of this particular dragon. We cannot just dismiss his motives as paranoia. Something is happening and whatever he found brought his anger to Eladrin and humans. Perhaps we should look at the same direction.
On the other hand, even if he has left his old lair for good, he could well apprehend our visit and place traps and minions there.
I doubt announcing us with music will do much good. The last time he heard Sulannus music was the time we battled him."

[sblock=OOC]

[sblock=Character Sheet]
Galin
Perception: 20 Insight: 15 Low-light Vision
AC 25 Fortitude 19 Reflex 22 Will 21
Initiative: +10
Hit Points: 66 / 66 Bloodied: 33
Temporary Hit Points: 0
Resist: -
Saving Throw: +5 vs Charm
Action Points: 1 Second Wind: 1
Milestones: 0.0
Healing Surge: 16 Surges per day: 9 / 9
At-Will Powers: Dazzling Sunray, Shadow Sever, Unseen Hand, Magic Missle, Save Banishment
Encounter Powers: Bladesong, Shield
Daily Powers: Grasping Shadows, Fire Shroud

Condition:
[/sblock][/sblock]

Lou

Explorer
Rinivan Phaedran

Rinivan plays with the bowl of soup in front of him. Like the spoiled brat he is, he insisted on soup with his wine. One might think that being Eladrin Rinivan would outgrow such childishness, but there have been few signs so far. He was the first to cheer the birth of their younger sister. That was, until he realized that he was no longer the baby in the family. Having been supplanted, Rinivan turned to his longsword for comfort. Still, he was a shielding swordmage for a reason. He seems unaware of the conversation around him until the conversation turned to their recent battle. Perking up, Rinivan asks, "So are we finally moving out?"

Last edited:

Leif

Adventurer

"Yes, yes, Rinivan, all in due course, Impetuous Lad! Eat your soup -- I chose those lentils especially for you, Dear Boy. Perhaps you are right, Galinndan, Archangault may associate Sulannus's songs with battle now. I was thinking more that she might put words to her song offering appeasement or truce to the Dragonmage." The Princess's eyes sparkle winningly as she looks upon Harnithael, "Ah, Harn! Always the charming brother coming to the defense of his sister! But there is no need. Sulannus and I have an .... understanding about such things, don't we, My Dear? And your wit excels as always, Harnithael. What if the Dragonmage is indeed a tin-eared lout? As for your questions, I am sure that I do not know the answers. But there are wiser ones than I among our brethren here in Siltretharquayas and even more to be found at the college in Astrazalian. Perhaps you should pose your questions to one of the wise here, or even an Elder in Astrazalian?"

Scotley

Hero
Quarion adopts a bored expression. "I doubt seriously those dusty academics will have much useful information to share on the slaying of dragons." He shifts his leg and winces from a lingering pain there. "I for one am not inclined to provide the beast with a concert as he takes an afternoon snack from our flesh. If we go there then I say we go with stealth, magic and steel." He sighs and adds, "The ivory tower set might have some thoughts on the dewomerfell however if we must make a social call or two before getting down to the business of raiding the Dragon's Lair."

Leif

Adventurer

"Sulannus, you might want to have a talk with your brother Quarion here," says Yrellen with an impish twinkle in her eye, "if you are thinking to approach Archangault the Elusive with anything but death on the agenda, that is."

Leif

Adventurer

"At any rate, " says Yrellen as she finishes her wine, "I must be getting back to Astrazalian, now that I've reassured myself that you have all made a safe return from your recent bout of derring-do. Do come and visit me at home when it is convenient for all of you!" Yrellen then makes arrangements with the management for the bill to be charged to her account, and takes her leave of you, exiting The Laughing Gull through a door opening onto the streets of Astrazalian.

[sblock=ooc]Sorry, I may have been seeming a bit 'railroady' or something of late. Not my intention at all. Hence, the 'DM's mouthpiece' will exit stage left. The adventure is yours and good ideas have been expressed all around. Choose an approach as you see fit, and act upon it appropriately. All is well.[/sblock]

Last edited:

Sparky

"Our thanks, Your Highness." Harnithael bows as the princess makes her exit.

The ranger looks around the room, stopping on Quarion, "Those 'dusty academics' may have information we need about the history of where the dragonmage lairs. Who his associates, pawns and thralls might be."

He grimaces, "I don't plan on being ambushed again."

"Quarion, why don't we go see to securing fresh mounts for everyone. The rest of you, why don't you can see what you can find out about the dragonmage at the College? Anything would help."

Harnithael shoulders his pack and, if the rest seem to be answering the call to action, moves out.

[sblock=OOC]The remounts mentioned are to replace horses munched by Archangault in the battle (I made that up to give myself some IC stuff to do while the magic-y folks go to the College). If you need a mount, let me know IC.[/sblock]

Walking Dad

First Post
Galin

"Great, you get the horses for us, I also need one, and meet us at the College. Let's see if they really know more than us ;) "
Galin adds with a wink.

[sblock=OOC]
I assume the College is in walking, not riding distance.

Check to see what Galin knows about the dragon and his history.

[sblock=Character Sheet]
Galin
Perception: 20 Insight: 15 Low-light Vision
AC 25 Fortitude 19 Reflex 22 Will 21
Initiative: +10
Hit Points: 66 / 66 Bloodied: 33
Temporary Hit Points: 0
Resist: -
Saving Throw: +5 vs Charm
Action Points: 1 Second Wind: 1
Milestones: 0.0
Healing Surge: 16 Surges per day: 9 / 9
At-Will Powers: Dazzling Sunray, Shadow Sever, Unseen Hand, Magic Missle, Save Banishment
Encounter Powers: Bladesong, Shield
Daily Powers: Grasping Shadows, Fire Shroud

Condition:
[/sblock][/sblock]

Remove ads