Leif's All-Eladrin DweomerFall Saga [4E, IC01]

Scotley

Hero
Quarion bows to the departing Yrellen, "Most humble thanks for the fine repast as well as the advice."

He finishes off his own glass at Harnithael's suggested course of action. "Very good brother. A fresh set of mounts would be most welcome. And perhaps we can catch a race or two and make a wager. I expect the touts at the track can suggest some fine horses."

Last edited:

Leif

Adventurer
[sblock=Walking Dad]
I'm going to have to get back to you about this. It would help me if you would ask me more specific questions about Archangault the Elusive. Otherwise, I may bite off more than I can chew, if you get my meaning. ;)
[/sblock]
[sblock=Sparky and Scotley]
Let me know with IC posts what you need from me about the races and/or mounts. Otherwise, I'm fine with just assuming that you run the errand and get the mounts that everyone wants with no trouble.
[/sblock]

Last edited:

Walking Dad

First Post
[sblock=Walking Dad]
I'm going to have to get back to you about this. It would help me if you would ask me more specific questions about Archangault the Elusive. Otherwise, I may bite off more than I can chew, if you get my meaning. ;)
[/sblock]
[sblock=Leif]
Ok, specifics:

- known associates

- unusual supernatural powers
[/sblock]

Scotley

Hero
[sblock=Sparky and Leif]You might want to reign Quarion in. The idea of going to the track was more about his personality than sidetracking the plot (pun intended). I'm thinking Quarion likes to gamble and it tends to get him in trouble. His siblings would be well aware of that and doubtless avoid it. I will try to get a proper background/description/personality posted today. I have it in my head, but I need to share it with the group for his actions to make sense.[/sblock]

Shayuri

First Post
Sulannus kept her tongue civil while Yrellen was in the room almost exclusively by not wagging it all. Something about the daughter-heir of the Summer Throne just annoyed her in a way few people could. Maybe it was the way she constantly added a condescending lilt to her voice, as if she knew the answers already, but wanted to see if you'd get the right answer too. Or the way she'd make obvious suggestions with just a little too much gentleness, as if they were fussy children, or mentally deficient. Of course, that kind of attitude wasn't exactly uncommon when dealing with the nobles of Faerie. In Yrellen though, it had teeth that the others lacked.

Maybe it just because, in the decades they'd known each other, Sulannus had never really been able to get her back. Her higher rank was a shield, and Su had never quite figured out how to deliver a blow past it.

As the eladrin heir left though, the tension eased and Sulannus crooked a finger towards Quarion.

"We'll get mounts at the stables, like normal people. If you get in eyes reach of the tracks you'll be destitute and fleeing the bet-taker's men by tomorrow."

She got to her feet, the fine-worked elfmail falling from her shoulders over her body like silver silk...but strong enough to stop a giant's club.

"So Harn and Quarion will get the mounts. The rest of us will see what we can learn of the dragon-mage. We'll meet at the city gate in...three hours? Will that be enough time?"

Leif

Adventurer
[sblock=Galinndan Phaedran a/k/a Walking Dad]
Archangault the Elusive has no supernatural abilities that you are aware of. Unless, that is, you consider the abilities to fly and spew highly caustic acid from one's mouth supernatural. You have heard rumors, however, that Archangault pursues the Wizard's craft, not the Sorcerer's like almost all of his scaly brethren. He is rumored, therefore, to occasionally consult with some of the sharpest minds around in this regard. However, no wizards that you know will admit to cracking a book with a Dragon. In fact, the only specific associate of Archangault's that you have heard of is a Half-Orc Warlord known to you only as The Spur.
[/sblock]

Last edited:

Scotley

Hero
"Well, sis, we are leaving town anyway..." comments Quarion to Sulannus' remark with a mischievous grin. But he wisely does so as he leaves the area.

Once outside he asks Harnithael. "To the stables then dear brother?"

Sparky

Harnithael nods his reply and the two fall into step as they walk the streets and streams, boughs and bridges of the fair fey city.

Harnithael takes his time choosing the new mounts. He chooses bold, steady horses. He didn't need any 'projects.' Horses were prey animals and most of getting along with them was making them feel safe. Trust was the key. And where they were headed -- into the maw of a Dragonmage -- he needed as much a headstart building that trust as possible.

He sets Quarion to the task of putting the horses through their paces so he can observe and call out commands.

Hours later, satisfied with his selections, the two head out to the College.

Leif

Adventurer
The process of mount selection actually goes must faster than Harnithael anticipates. Suitable steeds are found with little trouble. [OOC: See posts above regarding mounts, but as for intelligence of the mounts, this still applies: These mounts will be at the high end of intelligence for such beasts and will be trained to obey simple commands like go/come/stay/guard/defend that do not require independent abstract thought, just muscular response. Note that guard and defend are at the upper end of smarts for this, but we can presume that the mounts recognize other party members as friends.] [this no longer applies -- the mounts are quite intelligent and have the power of speech, so commands aren't am issue at all.]

[OOC: Speaking of which, Sparky, the arrangment stated previously was that Harn and Quarion would take the mounts to the city gate and meet their siblings there, not go to the Academy.]

[OOC: Scotley's and Sparky's mount errand now complete, the other siblings are now invited to RP as much of their mission to the Academy as is desired.]

Last edited:

Scotley

Hero
Quarion is no judge of horse flesh, but his natural grace makes him a decent rider as he puts the animals through their paces though his still healing leg troubles him some. Quarion would have selected big showy horses better suited to parades than travel in uncertain lands.

It is at the negotiation his skills begin to shine as works hard for the best price. He gets the best deal he can on the animals Harnithael chooses.

Remove ads