Leif's All-Eladrin DweomerFall Saga [4E, IC01]

Leif

Adventurer
Defamation by any other name

OOC: Post 192 adjusted appropriately. No rebuke. :) And while this is in writing, it was written as dialogue between two fictional characters, so in their "world" it was slander. DM to Player it was libel, and I apologize. I never intended for such to occur.

Last edited:

Walking Dad

First Post
Galin

"We both know well enough, that feywild laws are just made to trap the slow witted.
I for example accept you hiring us to close the door behind us, for items useful to defeat dragons. As 'hirelings', we are totally willing to solve the task for you. And your great generosity in this task may compel us to help you as 'friends' with the unrelated task of defeating a dragon bothering you.
You see, no one is breaking any law and we will just judge the worthiness to help you as a friend by your generosity."

Galin say, starting to enjoy the situation. It reminds him on the old days as he debated for fun in his study days..

[sblock=OOC]

Laws fall under history, in which Galin is no stranger either...

Immediate Action: Use Shield, if it would prevent a hit.

[sblock=Character Sheet]
Galin
Perception: 20 Insight: 15 Low-light Vision
AC 25 Fortitude 19 Reflex 22 Will 21
Initiative: +10
Hit Points: 66 / 66 Bloodied: 33
Temporary Hit Points: 0
Resist: -
Saving Throw: +5 vs Charm
Action Points: 1 Second Wind: 1
Milestones: 0.5
Healing Surge: 16 Surges per day: 9 / 9
At-Will Powers: Dazzling Sunray, Shadow Sever, Unseen Hand, Magic Missle, Save Banishment
Encounter Powers: Bladesong, Shield
Daily Powers: Grasping Shadows, Fire Shroud

Condition:
[/sblock][/sblock]

Leif

Adventurer
In Shine -- Gleithendale the Resonant

"Close the door behind [you]? I'm not sure what you are referring to, I'm afraid. And it is precisely the issue of 'MAY' with regard
to the issue of your helping me that gives me pause, my fine friend."

Walking Dad

First Post
Galin

"If you didn't really understand, it seems we cam to the wrong place after all. I was just making an example how easy some rules can be dodged. So, for you full help in our task, you require parts of the hoard and the killing of another dragon, right?"

Galin asks, wondering who is hiring whom. They came to him to get something after all.

[sblock=OOC]

[sblock=Character Sheet]
Galin
At-Will Powers: Dazzling Sunray, Shadow Sever, Unseen Hand, Magic Missle, Save Banishment

Condition:
[/sblock][/sblock]

Leif

Adventurer
In Shine -- Gleithendale the Resonant

"Perhaps we both misjudged, indeed," says the Eladrin Magus as he rises, "You may show yourselves out." And with that, he leaves the room, disappearing into the vast unknown depths of his tower.

Shayuri

First Post
Sulannus sighs and holds her forehead as she shakes her head.

"Well done, Galin. Well done. There was resources and time spent finding someone who can help, now wasted."

"Unless any of you have enough money to simply buy a scroll...I'm out of ideas. The only way to get him now would be to lure him back out of the lake. And I won't be much help with that."

Scotley

Hero
Head spinning from the legal talk and sudden change in plans Quarion takes a moment to get his head straight and says, "I still think we can knock a hole into the levee and drain enough water to let us reach the dragon. Gods, a couple of unseen servants could do it if we just let them have at it for a few hours. Such scrolls can be had for pocket change."

Walking Dad

First Post
Galin

"I were actually not trusting him very much. He more than once tried to trick us in the bargain.
And for money, we could still kill this bule dragon and take his hoard...
I was never going to sy no, I just disliked his way of making bargains..."

Galin says shrugging.

[sblock=OOC]

[sblock=Character Sheet]
Galin

Condition:
[/sblock][/sblock]

Leif

Adventurer
OOC: No harm, no foul, just a change of circumstances is all. :)

OOC: And "a couple of unseen servants" would take a few weeks to drain the lake.

Last edited:

Leif

Adventurer
Still in Shine -- Gleithendale the resonant

As the adventuers get to the exit of Gleithendale's tower, an image of the wise old Eladrin Magus appears amongst you and says, "There are those Scholars of Dragonkind who maintain that almost every black dragon maintains a second, secret, DRY entrance to his or her lair...I'm just sayin'...." and then vanishes again.

Last edited:

Remove ads