Leif's All-Eladrin DweomerFall Saga [4E, IC01]

Walking Dad

First Post
Galin

Galin dismounts and say: "I understand, friends. Leave now and dare not to enter its influence."
He tries to invoke his magic sight to discern more about this phenomenon.

[sblock=OOC]

Immediate Action: Use Shield, if it would prevent a hit.

[sblock=Character Sheet]
Galin
Perception: 20 Insight: 15 Low-light Vision
AC 25 Fortitude 19 Reflex 22 Will 21
Initiative: +10
Hit Points: 66 / 66 Bloodied: 33
Temporary Hit Points: 0
Resist: -
Saving Throw: +5 vs Charm
Action Points: 1 Second Wind: 1
Milestones: 0.5
Healing Surge: 16 Surges per day: 9 / 9
At-Will Powers: Dazzling Sunray, Shadow Sever, Unseen Hand, Magic Missle, Save Banishment
Encounter Powers: Bladesong, Shield
Daily Powers: Grasping Shadows, Fire Shroud

Condition:
[/sblock][/sblock]

Leif

Adventurer
The Journey to End Dweomerfall

[sblock=Galin]
First of all, Galin discerns that the Eladrin siblings are within a transitional region between the prime material plane, the ethereal plane, and the feywild. It also has close ties to the elemental plane of fire. Second, Galin has a strong feeling that the source of the present difficulty may be a Brass Dragon, although there is nothing concrete to which he can point in order to justify this feeling. He can, however, almost sense a brooding, metallic-scaled presence nearby. Galin well knows that the reputation of some Brass Dragons for being 'good' is ill-deserved -- ALL dragons are at heart destructive magical beasts who care little or nothing for civilized notions of good and evil. In fact, almost all dragons consider themselves to be beyond such trivial concerns, with the two notable exceptions of Bahamut and Tiamat, but there are some ravenous beasts whose penchant for wanton destruction and embrace of casual murder qualify them as evil regardless of any conscious malevolence on their part.*

*OOC: Copyright is hereby claimed to this post by Leif, 2012. And every post in this thread is Copyright (2012) by its original author.
[/sblock]

Last edited:

Leif

Adventurer
The Journey to End Dweomerfall -- Brass Dragon Encounter

The air begins to almost shimmer in advance of the wind stirred by the beast's great wing-beats. Then the creature appears and settles to earth about 100 feet away from the adventurers, give or take. The Feywild Chargers have been sure to put their riders between them and the Dragon. The Dragon preens a bit and says, "You do not appear to be gods, so who are you, and why have you disturbed me?"

OOC: I have totally estimated, shot from the hip, and just 'eyeballed' the size of every creature shown on the attached map, so if something is too small, maybe it is 'scrunched' or curled up. If it is too large, well, it probablt can't 'splay' itself out to make it seem significantly larger, but maybe the map reflects the subjectivity of seeing your first Brass Dragon? :D Anyway, please let me know of any errors in the OOC and I'll try to do better next time.

Attachments

• Brass Dragon Encounter 01.xls
    28 KB · Views: 113
Last edited:

Scotley

Hero
Quarion sees that we are faced with yet another dragon. His shoulders slump for an instant and then he resigns himself to the inevitable. A big grin spreads across his face as he says, "I believe you have it backwards, for I perceive that you are not a god and yet you have disturbed our journey. We are bound for a demi-plane rather reminiscent of parts of Mechanus. There it is our intention to dismantle a machine that is siphoning off the magical energies of our own realm. Who are you and why do you impede our vital mission?"

OOC: This post assumes that we have not in fact reached our destination. If this is in fact the demiplane we are seeking then I can either edit my post or you can let it stand and embarrass Quarion for his ignorance.

Leif

Adventurer

"Hmmm, mouthy rodents, aren't you? If you were headed for Mechanus, then you would be there, instead of being here annoying me! I give you five seconds to re-mount and begin getting yourselves out of here. I advise you, do not dally."

The siblings have never seen this phenomenon before, but when they sneak a peek at their Feywild Chargers, the mounts shrug.

Leif

Adventurer

OOC: No, I really don't guess that you do. I was, however, looking to have a 'warm-up' battle so I would be more ready to handle the eventual showdown with Archangault the Elusive [that is now in danger of being written out of the story anyway], and also wanting to let you guys blow off some steam, enjoy some action in this game, and use your carefully selected powers. So, it's basically just a throwaway fight using my shiny new Draconomicon. Oh, and it's also an excuse for more XP....

And, for an IC reason -- your Feywild Chargers have said that they are unable to Plane-Shift around this dragon, so it is unclear whether your journey will continue as expected, since this was the route told to your Feywild Chargers by Archangault the Elusive. He would obviously not be affected by the presence of a lesser dragon.

Last edited:

Leif

Adventurer

OOC: While I did have a combat encounter in mind when designing the current predicament for the Eladrin siblings, I recognize that the players/PCs may not share my thirst for blood. Any reasonable solution that can be devised will have a chance for success that corresponds to its cleverness/coolness/kick-assness. I'm not going to make you fight if you're determined not to do so. Unless, that is, you cross the line and provoke my Brass Dragon beyond his capability to withstand. Oh, and it should probably be noted that he may not be just overly stable to begin with, so it may not take too awfully much to push the wrong buttons, Rinivan.

Remove ads