Leif's All-Eladrin DweomerFall Saga [4E, IC01]

Leif

Adventurer
The Journey to End Dweomerfall -- Brass Dragon Encounter

The Feywild Chargers look as if they'd rather be almost anywhere else at the moment. "So we can try to navigate another way. Well, we can't. But that doesn't mean that you can't," say each of the Feywild Chargers in the minds of their respective riders.

OOC: This is going to be structured as a skill challenge, if you choose to do it. The choices now are combat the brass dragon or participate in a skill challenge to navigate across this plane until you leave the range of the 'singularity' (Brass Dragon) and then plane shift again and find your way back to the same place you would have reached if you hadn't travelled so far out of your way across this plane.

Relevant skills: Arcana, Nature, Insight, Stealth, Thievery. Arcana, Nature, and Insight count twice as much as Stealth and Thievery. The same skill may not be used for consecutive checks. Victory = 8 successes before 6 failures. Please come up with good IC justifications for why you use a particular skill. When all else fails, make stuff up!

DC - Arcana, Nature = 16. DC - Insight = 20. DC - Stealth, Thievery = 17.

Success - The Eladrin find a usable route to their original destination around the Brass Dragon.
Failure - The Brass Dragon pursues the PCs and they must battle it.

[sblock]
This is my first-ever skill challenge. Yee Haa!
[/sblock]

Last edited:

Scotley

Hero
"We'll just be moseying on out of you domain then..." Quarion gives a flick of the reins and heads his Charger toward a suitable patch of shadow hoping his natural affinity for the shadow realms will help him evade the Dragon. Vanishing into shadow is second nature to Quarion and besides his siblings will play to their own strengths. If things go wrong being hidden is the best way to start a fight as far as Quarion is concerned. He is soon quite lost in the shadows.

Last edited:

Leif

Adventurer
The Journey to End Dweomerfall -- Avoiding Brass Dragon Encounter

OOC: Please start your evasive navigation away from the dragon at your leisure. See Post No. 261 for details of the skill challenge.

Walking Dad

First Post
Galin

Galin magically attuned senses easily sees possible arcane pathways to circumvent the dragon.

[sblock=OOC]

[sblock=Character Sheet]
Galin
Perception: 20 Insight: 15 Low-light Vision
AC 25 Fortitude 19 Reflex 22 Will 21
Initiative: +10
Hit Points: 66 / 66 Bloodied: 33
Temporary Hit Points: 0
Resist: -
Saving Throw: +5 vs Charm
Action Points: 1 Second Wind: 1
Milestones: 0.5
Healing Surge: 16 Surges per day: 9 / 9
At-Will Powers: Dazzling Sunray, Shadow Sever, Unseen Hand, Magic Missle, Save Banishment
Encounter Powers: Bladesong, Shield
Daily Powers: Grasping Shadows, Fire Shroud

Condition:
[/sblock][/sblock]

Last edited:

Leif

Adventurer
The Journey to End Dweomerfall -- Avoiding Brass Dragon Encounter Skill Challenge

Successes: 1
Failures: 0

Galin sees lines of arcane force, that like contour lines on a relief map, connect zones of equivalent arcane power, and the closer the lines are together, the more rapid is the increase of power. The lines near the dragon are extremely close to each other, meaning that there is a very steep arcane power gradient around the dragon. Galin also sees a 'node' in the force lines: an area inside a circular force line some 40 feet in diameter, that is totally free of other force lines. This node is located 30 yards to your right.

[sblock=OOC]That's great, WD! Who's next?[/sblock]

Last edited:

Leif

Adventurer
The Journey to End Dweomerfall -- Avoiding Brass Dragon Encounter Skill Challenge

OOC: You are indeed correct, WD, I neglected your success, and 1stealth+2Arcana (Arcana counting double along with nature and insight) =3 of 8 successes, and no failures so far. [You would think that if I'm going to complicate things by having certain skills count more than others, I would at least have the decency to remember which ones are worth how much!]

IC: The Eladrin siblings conceal their movements from the dragon with a distracting "cloud" of arcane energies and begin to move away from the beast.

Last edited:

Leif

Adventurer
OOC: Well, it's been nearly a month since the last post. Anybody want to continue this game, or has interest waned? There is more to be done. First though, I need to be informed how you're continuing your journey.

[sblock=Memory Refresher]
You were told by Archangault the Elusive:
"I once blamed the Dweomerfall upon mortal arcanists, you in particular. I have since decided that this was an error. Now I know that the Dweomerfall is being caused by one particular being who is constructing a great engine of magic to siphon-off the magical energy from this plane into his own discrete little planar realm. He muist not be allowed to succeed. You may know that I am being sincere about this by the fact that I have suffered you to approach me freely without even feeling the slightest discomfort. The demi-plane is rather reminiscent of parts of Mechanus -- all sharp angles, harsh outlines, and a tendency toward clashing colors -- not a terribly attractive place, and a trifle too warm for my tastes as well. [GM -- and is presumably connected to Mechanus as well] What you will be looking for is an engine or device of some kind, probably about the size of a building or small hillock. I don't imagine that its location will be much of a secret if you look around a bit. Should be fairly obvious, and in a place of some prominence. I'm sorry that I cannot say what methods will be most suited to dismantling the thing, whether you can just beat it apart, or whether more ... arcane ... energies will accomplish that better. The ambient temperature tends to hover around 180-200 degrees farenheit. This can be quite exhausting for those not prepared, but relatively easy to counteract. If worst comes to worst, you should be able to survive for a day or more. Water tends to be fairly rare, at least in its liquid state, so that may also be an inconvenience. It certainly makes me despise the place. There may be other beings there, given the particulars of the location, I would tend to rather expect there to be some modrons or perhaps even some devils in the vicinity. I don't know what their role may be or whether they may object to your presence. Or possibly object to your damaging the engine. Sulannus is well as far as I know, but I don't really know that much about her situation. Your mounts are fine. If you would prefer to ride them on this errand, then I can give them directions that will get you to the proper plane without too much trouble, but the route does pass through a quite hostile area, which is one of the few planes from which this pocket plane can be reached, and the others that I know of are much, much worse or uninhabitable in the extreme."
[/sblock]

Last edited:

Scotley

Hero
OOC: Quarion is sorely lacking in the appropriate skills. His next best chance on the list is a +4 on nature, so if somebody else wants to try he will 'aid another'. Just squeaked by for a +2!

Remove ads