D&D 5E Leif's First 5E Homebrew Out-Of-Character Thread

Leif

Adventurer
Here's all the restrictions I placed on the creation of the characters we now have: Standard 5E chargen, with race limited to: Human, Elf, Half-Elf, Dwarf, Halfling, Gnome. Good Alignments only. I prefer point-buy, but you can roll if you wish, but please roll just once using the ENWorld roller, and do so in this thread, so we can all watch your awesomeness/tragedy. If you roll on another site and post a link to the rolls, that will be INCORRECT and you will have to roll again using the ENWorld roller.

Class and race are limited to the information contained in the 5E PH and the races listed above. If you wish to use any of the optional material in the back portion of the book (I think I remember there being some stuff there), it will be considered on a case-by-case basis, meaning you will have to ask for it.

Another thread that will give you some background on the game and setting is:
http://www.enworld.org/forum/showthread.php?568954-New-5E-Game

I honestly don't know if I've awarded any xp yet or not, but if I have, then your character will be that much behind the others. It can't be much, because they're all still first level.

Last edited:

Um-- I thought everyone knew you should never, ever use the ENWorld roller for chargen unless you do [ roll] 1d6 [/ roll] [ roll] 1d6 [/ roll] [ roll] 1d6 [/ roll] [ roll] 1d6 [/ roll] in 6 consecutive posts. Because there is no 4d6 best 3 in the ENWorld die roller. and if you just roll 4d6 you can't see the individual dice. And you cannot put more than 5-8 die roll in a single post the die rolls don't work. It just can't handle chargen. I don't think rolling was an option for us.

We've received no xp at all.

Last edited:

JustinCase

the magical equivalent to the number zero
In that thread you eventually said to use Standard Array, so I'll use that. If nobody has any preferences for what role I should fill, I'll just create something that is fun. Well, I would do that regardless, but now without worrying about "I need to be able to do this thing". :D

Leif

Adventurer
Point-buy [or standard array] is the way to go, anyway. :p

You'll be getting xp before long, you can trust me I used to be a lawyer.

Remove ads