Leif's "Pomarj" Greyhawk Beta Game [AD&D 1E] [OOC 01]

After adding the amount of money to Iono's starting wealth I came up to the sum of:
64 gold ; 111 silver ; 148 copper.
Not enough for the spell - So I dropped the sleep for now. We need to gather more money. Unless we have jewels to sell ?
We can trade a gem or a jewel and get some coins for the training and if we don't want to travel with lots of left over coins we can buy a cheaper gem.

Leif

Adventurer
Just remember that every time you change from coins to gems, and vice versa, your going to be losing a bit of value in the exchange. Commonly in the 10% - 15% range. (Moneychangers gotta eat, too, you know!)

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
I would like to say I deplore thieves who take from the party. I am sure the character can set up a little bit of house burglary? I say the check for a pickpocket encounter. Hope you roll well to get that necklace . . . .

Leif

Adventurer
I usually feel the same as DeWar, but I'm willing to let Raggs try if he wishes. Be warned, though, that Raggs is pretty low level, and if he is caught, he's likely to be lucky to escape with just a thorough beating.

It reminds me of heroquest 1 when you take the thief and break into houses in the town. :)
I say let's sell the jewels so we'll have enough to pay for partial training.

Oh... and don't tell Ring you sell it. No share of that for him. :)

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
I will be bluntly honest here:

1) Simon does not have aywhere near the cash to pay for training

2) Simon has nothing the old hunter would want

3) Simon has no skill that the old hunter can't do himself and do way better

4) Simon can't get anything that the old hunter can't get himself

Therefore: I am at a loss of what Simon could do/give in lieu of gold.

Remove ads