Pathfinder 1E Leif's Questing Knights, Veluna, Greyhawk - L10 Pfdr Rpg [IC 01] [Full]

Leif

Adventurer
Yurei smiles wryly. "It is the chanting. They are blessing themselves and preparing for trials and adversity if my Old Oeridian isn't too rusty. Maybe their holinesses have to psyche themselves up to be in the same room with warriors, heretics and folk of questionable breeding. They'll be along shortly I expect."
One of the guards puts a hand to the side of his mouth and says, "Begging your pardons, Sars, but the vicars is blessing YOUSE, not themselves. And the trials and adversity are to be yours, too. Or so do I reckon. They'll be along straightaway now. They do have a thing for Entrances I must say, yes."

KAODI: Yes, with tongues, you can confirm that the guard speaks the truth. And to hear the priests chant about it, you guys are in for some doozies of trials, too! (You can only hope that they are being very liberal with the hyperbole!)

Last edited:

Yttermayn

First Post
Sozin retires from mingling and considers what sort of verbal barbs he might toss at his prospective employers, should they take too​ long in getting to the point.

Lou

Explorer
Dontrious asks the others, "What kind of trials are we talking about? Are we going to be asked to prove our worth to go on some quest?"

Helfdan

First Post
Eldran Hawkshand

"Whatever it is, it will no doubt be righteous. Despite any faults they may have, the Velunese are in general staunch foes of evil... of The Enemy..." As he mentions this enemy, the ranger's grey eyes turn cold, and he unconsciously glances northward.

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
"Foes of evil, needing stout hearts for a righteous cause?! I know the five of us fill the need!"

Leif

Adventurer
In Veluna City

The chant continues its steady, almost hypnotic rhythmic cadence, and the Clerics begin to file into the chamber. They march completely around the perimiter of the room once, twice, thrice, four, five times and then they sit along a long low table that you had not even noticed before. They all sit in unison and take a small daught from the wine goblets that are by each priest's elbow. One priest roughly in the center speaks, "We thank you for answering our call. We have decided to meet with all aspirants together -- this should not be viewed as a competition, but rather, as an opportunity to reach beyond the comfortable confines of your usual associates and use the experience to grow in unexpected ways. As the moon is continually changing from one phase to another, so our lives wind down their ordained paths, always growing, ever changing, seldom the same. The task we have for you is no light or easy matter, and that is why we have combined your groups into a single force. It has come to our attention that certain beings from the netherworlds have found a weakness in the veil between their world and ours and are even now building their strength and amassing sufficient numbers to wreak untold calamity upon our fair land." At this poit, the priest pauses to sip his wine and to see your reactions to his words so far.

Last edited:

Remove ads