Pathfinder 1E Leif's Whirtlestaff's Wizards' Academy Reprise, [Pfdr] [OOC 03]

Leif

Adventurer
I had a question last night, but was really tired. I will try and recall what it was....

edit: I remember now. Re guarding equipment, that remains totally unchanged, right?
As far as I know? What in the name of Monty Haul are you talking about?

So that's everyone except [MENTION=7776]KerlanRayne[/MENTION] approving the addition of Holy Man. Oh, and it looks like he wants to take over playing Simeon Longknife, so that makes everything easy! Oh, and it looks like Simeon is going to apprentice himself to one or more of you before too long..... :D

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
This was not a monty haul question. It was: Our equipmet list remains the same as it was as 3.5 game, right? You had mentioned we start as if itwas a new character-bottom floor up. I figured that the equiopment would remain as it was in the 3.5 game, right?

Bascaly this: We are not going to need to start with lv 6 character wealth and re write out equipment.

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
Thanks for the warm welcome everyone. :D

One Half-Orc Ranger who aspires to be a great wizard coming up his weekend.

One questions I have are

a) Did you already post a description/demeanor/background for Simeon already?

and

b) Should I post him here first or in the RG when I am ready for review?

HM

KerlanRayne

Explorer
Ouch, why are my ears so hot. They feel like they are burning. That must mean that someone is talking about me. Oh, hey guys. What's up. New player? Holy Man? Take over Simeon?

Hmmmmm.........

SURE! Not a problem. Welcome to the game!

An orc warrior training in magic? Sounds like the start of a gish to me. That INT penalty hurts though.
Maybe he can start at a lower level and level up pretty quickly to catch up with us. That way he won't miss a lot of Wizard levels starting as a 6th level fighter or something.

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
Hi KerlanRayne

please call me HM

And a half-orc in PF gets no INT penalty just a +2 to any one stat. So should be alll good (although I plan for a low INT just not below 10 :p)

HM

Leif

Adventurer
This was not a monty haul question. It was: Our equipmet list remains the same as it was as 3.5 game, right? You had mentioned we start as if itwas a new character-bottom floor up. I figured that the equiopment would remain as it was in the 3.5 game, right?

Bascaly this: We are not going to need to start with lv 6 character wealth and re write out equipment.
Same everything, except Pathfinder stats and stuff.
Thanks for the warm welcome everyone. :D

One Half-Orc Ranger who aspires to be a great wizard coming up his weekend.
One questions I have are
a) Did you already post a description/demeanor/background for Simeon already?
and
b) Should I post him here first or in the RG when I am ready for review?
HM
Simeon is not a half-orc, he is an ORC. But, for rules' sake, we'll go with half-orc crunch and just 'say' he's really an orc, ok? Post him here in an sblock first.

And, yeah, he kinda has a small background already -- he is the son (first, last, up to you) of the Chief of the White Fist Orc Tribe, who live in a series of caves at the mouth of the UnderDark in Quail Valley. That's really all I know, so have at it!
Ouch, why are my ears so hot. They feel like they are burning. That must mean that someone is talking about me. Oh, hey guys. What's up. New player? Holy Man? Take over Simeon?
Hmmmmm.........
SURE! Not a problem. Welcome to the game!
An orc warrior training in magic? Sounds like the start of a gish to me. That INT penalty hurts though.
Maybe he can start at a lower level and level up pretty quickly to catch up with us. That way he won't miss a lot of Wizard levels starting as a 6th level fighter or something.
I want him to start at the same level as the rest of the party. So he'll either be Ftr6 or Rngr6, Holy Man's choice. Probably Ranger6 if I was inclined to guess, but those Ftr feats are a mutha, too!
He'll have NO wizard levels at the start, but we're kinda saying that you wiz-types are beginning to rub off on ol' Simeon. On the other hand, you do have a good point! If HM likes your idea better, I guess we can discuss that, too. We'll just see, I guess.

BY THE WAY, HM, that makes 100% approval for your debut! :D (Thanks, Kerlan!)

Last edited:

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
Hmm... a black blooded full orc huh?? I can live with that I think. ;)

The feats come out about the same it's just fighters have more choices.

Code:
          Fighter        Ranger
1st lvl   character     character    
2nd lvl    bonus       combat style
3rd lvl   character     character, Endurance
4th lvl    bonus          ---
5th lvl   character     character        
6th lvl    bonus       combat style

6 feats each but ranger has other abilities and spell casting (Simeon won't) fighter has fighter only feats(weapon spec. being a big one) and abilities so even. But for flavor I will go ranger.

And what is a gish?

HM

Remove ads