Lesser Vigor (2 Yes votes as modified)

Rystil Arden

First Post
Vigor better than an empower CLW in term of healing. If you want him to be equivalent, I would suggest to simply reduce the duration to 7 + 1 / level

That's funny, Velmont, since that's exactly what I was proposing to do :lol:

Yeah, I agree with your analysis. I don't think the longer time to heal balances the amount of extra healing. CLW could give you 2 HP like it just did when Siobhan tried to heal Kharas. Vigour would have given 11. And clearly, particularly for clerics, you use Vigour when you have the time and sub for CLW otherwise. Plus, as you say, the Vigour wands are crazy-good for after-battle recovery.

Erekose13

Explorer
oh yeah, i keep forgetting that. Since it was pointed out, I decided to immediately house rule them back in for my f2f game. To me the difference between arcane and divine is not enough to restrict these new type of wands.

Rystil Arden

First Post
Erekose13 said:
oh yeah, i keep forgetting that. Since it was pointed out, I decided to immediately house rule them back in for my f2f game. To me the difference between arcane and divine is not enough to restrict these new type of wands.
Probably not, but most of the abusive eternal wands are divine.

Rystil Arden

First Post
Erekose13 said:
Yeah but I'm leanient that way, hell I even let in CD and the wonderous Divine Metamagic :)
Wow! Did you let in Wraithstrike and the Orbs without SR too? If so, these are ticking time bombs that will one day result in a PC breaking the game (but that day may not come for a long time depending on what the players choose to play)

Erekose13

Explorer
Nah no one will take either of those. No pure arcane casters. Just a min/maxing cleric. My players are more about the roleplaying than the breaking the game, so I don't worry about much balance stuff.

Patlin

Explorer
I think you exagerate the danger of the orb spells. Our face to face group allows them, and they really aren't that big a deal... never missing an SR check with an orb isn't all that different from never missing an attack roll with magic missile. It's better against golems, true, but it's useless against your average orc. *shrug*

Anyway, that's *very* off topic for this thread.

Remove ads