LG vs. CE: Lawful Good is Victorious!

Gansk

Explorer
OOC: I guess the main question is what is the lower limit of close, medium, and long range spells.

Is it .000001 inch, meaning that the caster must see the target for these types of spells?

Or is it 0, meaning that the caster can use touch to establish the target?

Infiniti2000

First Post
OOC: It's provably 0. You can definitely use it in, say, a grapple, where you are known to be touching your opponent (assume the case of a visible opponent). The only question then what is required when you cannot see your opponent? Touch--however that is resolved.

The second question, however, is whether you want to back up the combat one round to allow Uri the same action. (And then I don't think Offal will do it, too, if her invisibility is knocked out.)

PJSlavner

Explorer
I am fine with backing up, or just going ahead. Infiniti had the initiative to ask if it were possible, instead of just assuming it was not.

In case we are going forward with Offal's action, here is what Uri will do: If he becomes visible, he will defensively go invisible again. If he is still invisible, he will take advantage of not being harmed two straight rounds and try a full attack again, at Power Attack +2 again.

Last edited:

Infiniti2000

First Post
Offal takes a full attack, hoping that Uri's invisibility goes away soon on its own.

OOC: Someone get Gansk some new percentile dice. This is getting ridiculous! :)

PJSlavner

Explorer
OOC: I am with you, Infiniti, although sometimes Gansk's percentile dice mess him up and not us. In my game, the amorpha concealed psychic warrior died once, partially because the cleric and bard kept failing the touch roll when they tried to cure him.

Coming soon: something that does not need percentile dice.

If Uri is still invisible, he will breathe a gout of fire, unhindered by any of those inconvenient metabreath feats that Uri has heard rumors about. Otherwise he will defensively turn invisible again.

PJSlavner

Explorer
From now on, if Uri turns visible, assume Uri turning himself invisible defensively supersedes any other posted move if I do not state otherwise.

If Uri sticks around after the bad breath, he will breathe fire if able. If not, he will take a full attack at Power Attack +2.

Gansk

Explorer
Round 274: Offal manages to hit with a wing.

Uri:[sblock]You take 6 points of damage and have 393 hp left.[/sblock]

Round 275: Uri breathes fire.

Offal:[sblock]You do not dodge (29+3 Ref save) and take 83. You survive the massive damage and have 256 hp left.[/sblock]

Uri:[sblock]You can breathe again in round 277.[/sblock]

Offal breathes gas.

Uri:[sblock]You resist the gas (44 Will save).[/sblock]

Offal:[sblock]You can breathe again in round 283.[/sblock]

Round 276: Uri full attacks, hitting with a claw. He then becomes visible.

Offal:[sblock]You take 14+2-2 and have 242 hp left.[/sblock]

Offal's turn in round 276.

Remove ads