• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Liberty Squad: WW2 Mutants and Masterminds

garyh

First Post
"Thank you, Moses," Feodor said as he accepted the invitation to sit down. "I am Sgt. Feodor Ilyushkin. I came here under orders from Stalin himself, or so I'm told. I hear we are to form an Allied metahuman group to oppose the fascists."

"My talents lay in being big, strong, and tough, as hard as that may be for you to believe by looking at me," Feodor said with a sly smile. "What unbelievable thing is it you do?"

Darth Ecks

First Post
Zhure said:
Taking his fedora off, Nick continues. "I'm not sure I can say specifically, loose lips and all that, but I suppose there's no harm in saying it's military related. Some special project. All that I'm sure you've already figured out, so I'm not revealing anything.

"To be frank, I haven't been completely briefed myself," Nick smiles.

"A secret military project in London? Sounds like we are going to the same place, mate. All I know is that it looks like I finally get to kill some of the blokes in their own lands. I can't see why they would call me from Down Under just to help in the defense of the city."

Mark Chance

Boingy! Boingy!
garyh said:
"Thank you, Moses," Feodor said as he accepted the invitation to sit down. "I am Sgt. Feodor Ilyushkin. I came here under orders from Stalin himself, or so I'm told. I hear we are to form an Allied metahuman group to oppose the fascists."

Buber's lip curls just slightly at the mention of Stalin. Is it the name, or perhaps a bit of strong onion in the soup? Whichever, Buber offers no comment.

"My talents lay in being big, strong, and tough, as hard as that may be for you to believe by looking at me," Feodor said with a sly smile. "What unbelievable thing is it you do?"

Buber grins, but the expression doesn't look quite natural. "According to some, that I've kept dairy and beef together is most unbelieveable." The bitter grin fades. "I am a saboteur and a mechanic. I've been told my talent in both areas is truly supernatural."

Zhure

First Post
Darth Ecks said:
"A secret military project in London? Sounds like we are going to the same place, mate. All I know is that it looks like I finally get to kill some of the blokes in their own lands. I can't see why they would call me from Down Under just to help in the defense of the city."

"That does seem quite a leap of logic," Nick agrees. "It'd be a lot better to go after those Krauts on their own soil, give 'em a taste of their own medicine. Land and blood indeed...."

garyh

First Post
Mark Chance said:
Buber grins, but the expression doesn't look quite natural. "According to some, that I've kept dairy and beef together is most unbelieveable." The bitter grin fades. "I am a saboteur and a mechanic. I've been told my talent in both areas is truly supernatural."

The comment about milk and meat seems to go over the big Russian's head - no mean feat, given his stature.

"Well, given the panzers and the like that the Nazis use so well," Feodor replied, "I'm sure your talents will be most helpful."

OOC: *I* got the kosher reference, Mark. Very nice. But I doubt Red Bear would. ;)

Last edited:

Darth Ecks

First Post
Zhure said:
"That does seem quite a leap of logic," Nick agrees. "It'd be a lot better to go after those Krauts on their own soil, give 'em a taste of their own medicine. Land and blood indeed...."

"Indeed. So, mate, if that is the case, what is it that you would be able to do over there? You don't really seem like the fightin'-type."

Mark Chance

Boingy! Boingy!
garyh said:
The comment about milk and meat seems to go over the big Russian's head - no mean feat, given his stature.

"Well, given the panzers and the like that the Nazis use so well," Feodor replied, "I'm sure your talents will be most helpful."

Buber nods. "I look forward to testing the metal of a Panzer. I will see fear in the Germans' eyes when I turn their tools of death against them. This I have vowed to my father."

Dirigible

Explorer
Lucian straightens, schooling his face into relaxation. A cold fish, form a cold country. Why am I not surprised?

"Of course not, Major. My apologies. I hadn't realised you were here in an administrative capacity". He steps to the side, and gestures towards the base entrance. "This way, ma'am. I expect ABC XYZ will wish to receive you."

You would have thought that the bolshies could find some men for command positions, given the population he thought sourly.

OOC: Where ABC is the base commander's rank, and XYZ is his name.

Last edited:

garyh

First Post
Mark Chance said:
Buber nods. "I look forward to testing the metal of a Panzer. I will see fear in the Germans' eyes when I turn their tools of death against them. This I have vowed to my father."

Feodor can only nod in agreement. He senses that no words could justly follow such a statement.

After a few minutes, Ilyushkin asks "So, my new friend, do you know exactly when and where we are to report? We won't defeat the Nazi's sitting around a mess hall."

Mark Chance

Boingy! Boingy!
garyh said:
Feodor can only nod in agreement. He senses that no words could justly follow such a statement.

After a few minutes, Ilyushkin asks "So, my new friend, do you know exactly when and where we are to report? We won't defeat the Nazi's sitting around a mess hall."

Buber drains the last bit of soup from the bowl, sipping noisily.

"Instructions have been maddeningly difficult to get. I feel that most of our hosts know who we are, but not what we are here for, which does make me question security. I can't shake the image of some corporal blathering in a pub over a pint about the impending arrival of foreign commandos or some such thing."

Remove ads