Liberty (The heros of Mergovia)

Manzanita

First Post
Solomon can't help but smile at his brave companions. The Solomon of old prefered to work alone. And at times, it is still the best option for him. But for now, the company of his friends warms his heart.

"Very well. We'll get out and investigate. We should make sure we know what our plan is, though. If the city is being attacked, then it may be too dangerous for us to pass through the port and into the sea? So we would have to make a long and dangerous backtrack, right? It would be particularly dangerous if we had to go back through Mornomas. It's worth seeing if we can continue this way. So our goal is to see if our ship can safely pass to the ocean from here, right?"

Solomon is ready to leave without Valeria.

DarkMaster

First Post
Arthur nods affirmatively at the half-orc "Indeed Solomon, backtracking at this point would make us loose precious time.

Uder and his group who were less than a day ahead of us are either stuck in the city or use the northern way. If they took that way they didn't back track or we would have cross them on their way back.

Arthur orders his elf, keeping the volume low, to approach the land as much as they can, the anchor is then lowered and they quickly prepare a small boat to be lowered in the waters. The small wooden vessel seems extremely well made and is all painted in white.

Arthur asks Solomon "Do you need to good pairs of arms to help you with the rowing"

OCC I will wait a bit to see who is going in the boat. Anyone knows if Doghead is still interested in the game, perhaps he didn't register to that thread I will post a reminder in the OCC thread.

Manzanita

First Post
Solomon can't help but chuckle as he tries to keep a straight face. "Karn. I want you to stay behind. Speed and endurance may be of the essense. This is not a combat mission, but a reconnaissance. I laugh because I've asked you to stay behind before, and you never want to. I respect you as a warrior." Solomon lowers his voice. "But someone needs to keep an eye on these elves too."

"Dai, Trolm, Jasper. Shall we go? Xavier, would you care to join us?" Solmon announces to the group.

doghead

thotd
Xavier Roces, male human Servant of Heironeous.

Xavier, who had so far remained quietly at the rail, absorbed in his own thoughts, turns to look at the others when addressed.

"My apologies. I was lost in ... thought. I have little practice in the skills needed for reconnaissance. I would like to join you, but would prehaps better serve staying here."

Unless there is any objection, Xavier stays on board as the others head off.

In the quiet that follows, Xavier notices that Valaria is not present. Indeed he doesn't remember her having come up on deck at all. Xavier decides to check in on her.

Kangaxx

First Post
Jasper Conrad

So many homes, burning like Joe's. How many people are looking for their families tonight? Jasper seems mesmerized by the fires until Solomon says his name and draws him back to the present.

"Xavier, I think you should come to shore at least. I am not stealthy either, but I want to be nearby in case there is trouble. Since we cannot lend aid from the ship, I think we should wait and guard the rowboat while they scout."

DarkMaster

First Post
OCC Doghead you can still change your mind and goe with them on the boat, I will just wait for your answer before playing your part.

Arthur turns towards Solomon and Xavier. "I wouldn't usually ask anyone for help but given the circumstances I am a bit nervous. Our boat isn't easy to hide and could be an easy prey for whatever is causing trouble inside the city.

Karn turns towards Arthur and the others. "I will stay, they need someone to protect the ship. And I must admit that my old legs will appreciate all the rest they can get before we meet Uder again.

He turns towards Xavier "Sir, I will stay with you to ensure the protection of our ship. The paladin can see in the eyes of the old soldier that age is making the old soldier wiser, if he was a decade younger the soldier would probably haven't hesitate to take part of the more exciting and dangerous scouting mission.

The rest of the group jump inside the boat, with two elf who will act as rower. The small vessel is slowly lowered in the river. The northern coast is about 50' away from them.

As the ship goes down one of the elf asks the group "Should we head directly for the coast or you prefer heading towards the city by the river. The two elf don't seem particularly nervous about either option.

Manzanita

First Post
Solomon Kreel

"Get us off this boat as soon as possible. Let's find a landing where you can conceal your boat somewhat. I'll feel safer when I'm on dry land. Stay where you are, and I will be able to return to where you are to take us back to the boat. We will try to hurry."

DarkMaster

First Post
The two elves nods at the half-orc and steers the small vessel towards the shore. Both elves are rowing surprisingly fast and the group reach the shore in no time. Solomon and Dai steps down in the water first and guide slowly the boat towards the shore.

The night is hot for early spring. none of the moons are full and the night is quite dark. Everything around them is quite dark, except the flamming city in front of them. On their right the river is calm and on their left they can hear small animal sounds coming from the dark forest. In front of them no light can be seen on the shore other then the burning city. The two elves light two torches and give them to Jasper and Trolm.

"We will wait for you here, good luck gentlemen, if you are not back before dawn we will return to advise your compagnion on the ship"

The two elves reveals their sword hide under their cloack. "Do not worry for us we know how to take care of ourselves.

----

Xavier, heads back towards Valeria cabin, leaving the old Karn on the deck. "I'll keep the vigil, while you keep an eye on her. I hope for her that she has nothing to do with all that finishes the old men with a suspicious look on his face

As Xavier enters the hallway leading to her cabin. he can hear the priestress perform some kind of ritual song. The priestress doesn't sing very well but her voice is powerfull and can be heard through out the corridor. Xavier can't understand exactly what she says nor recognise her language. Xavier notices a few curious and nervous elf around the cabin. A few of them have their hands on their weapons and keep a nervous eye on her door, as if they were ready to jump on whatever could come out of the cabin. As Xavier approaches they seems to relax, the paladin's mere presence seems to reassure them.

One of them, close by, his back against the narrow wooden corridor wall whispers to Xavier. "Sir, you have any clue what is she saying? For some reason it doesn't sound good. I think we should intervene before we are all cursed"

Remove ads