• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Liberty (The heros of Mergovia)

Manzanita

First Post
Solomon shakes his head & holds out his empty hands. "We have just arrived on shore. We sailed up from Mornomas. We saw the fire in the city and didn't know what it was. We didn't want to sail our vestle into danger. We decided to investigate the city on land to see if it was safe to sail out to sea. It appears things are not well in Domas. Please. Tell us what you know. Perhaps we can take you on our ship, and to safety. We will not fight you."

Kangaxx

First Post
Jasper Conrad

DarkMaster said:
The two elves leave some room to Jasper. "We should make some rounds, so that we could sleep a little. Says one of the elf, visibly happy that Jasper will stay around giving him more time to sleep.
"I can take the first round if you want" Says the elf in a somehow rude and selfish manner.

Jasper shrugs at the elf, not wanting to sleep either way. "I'll stay up. I rested enough on the boat." And I can't imagine sleeping while my friends venture headlong into danger.

DarkMaster

First Post
Diplomacy (4-1 +2 Trolm 11;Dai 6-1)
Trolm also introduces himself. "My friend is right we are not here to harm you. I am a soldier of the 82nd regiment, My friends and I are here to protect the people of Mergovia. Please lower your weapon we won't hurt you."

But the man stays cold, he keeps his spear in their face. "Soldiers of the king, that's what he said before ordering his brutes on us. You and your friends destroyed my village and my family. The city is burning, my village is burning, I am leaving this place He then suddenly lowers his spear a little. "Perhaps you are telling the thruth I don't know ... I don't know anymore. The men eyes are red he is about to burst in tears. "I don't know what is happening here, but if you want to help there is about 20 peoples to save down that road" He finishes on a sad and angry tone pointing towards the road with his head.

Keeping his spear in one hand still threathening the group, he picks up the child on the ground with his other hand and pull him back in the wagon. Keeping his guard he then slowly starts to move in the direction Solomon, Trolm and Dai came from. His eyes are now filled with water as he get away.

----

The two elves somehow happy by Jasper response snuggle themselves up in the boat trying to find the most comfortable position to sleep. Without even asking him if it was Ok.

Manzanita

First Post
Solomon allows the man to leave with his wagon. "The city is being attacked by an army. A mergovian army evidently. Who could put together an army like this?"

OOC: Is it possible that this is an external attack? Is there another country on the other side of the river?

"We don't really know if they will attack our ship or not. If we must assume Uder is behind this, then we would have to assume his forces would try to stop our ship. Perhaps we should return to our ship and sail back. The other option would be to take a chance and hope to slip through in the confusion. We could continue and try to get a better view."

DarkMaster

First Post
OOC Yes it could be possible, there are many country outhere. Domus is the sea gate of Mergovia. Domus control the access to the king river from the sea.

Trolm answers back "Solomon, the men was talking about a village he doesn't seem to know what is happening in the city.

I agree with you, before we turn around, we should find out what's happening in Domus.

On that Trolm turns back and carefully looks at the two choices the group have to continue to the city. Either they follow the road where the men came from or should they continue along the river bed to the city.

Manzanita

First Post
"He says the city is burning too. We should go on. If there's a chance we can avoid backtracking all those miles down the river, we should explore it. The man probably came on the quickest path, but there are more refugees coming that way, and they are paranoid & probably hostile. I say we continue down the river." says Solomon.

Kangaxx

First Post
Jasper Conrad

DarkMaster said:
The two elves somehow happy by Jasper response snuggle themselves up in the boat trying to find the most comfortable position to sleep. Without even asking him if it was Ok.
Jasper scowls at the elves laziness. How can they be so unconcerned about the danger? Then he glances around the secluded shoreline. Or maybe I'm being paranoid and they know nothing is going to happen here.

DarkMaster

First Post
Trolm nods and let Solomon continue down the river bed. Trolm and Dai continue to follow him a few hundred feets behind.

Solomon continues his trek towards the city. After a long walk along a curve in the river he slowly starts to see the city again. This time it's much closer. On the river in front of him he sees two large military vesel harboring the Mergovian flag. The boat are visibly full of sailors and soldiers. Near the closest military ship he also notices a smaller boat. Mergovian soldier are on board visibly inspecting the boat.

In the distance Solomon can see the city in flame. Domus seems to be completly surrounded by Mergovian army. They seems to be laying siege to the city. The Mergovian soldier seems to have took control of the portion of the wall controlling the access to the river(Mergovian flag is still floating on these towers) but fighting seems to be ongoing. He also notices on a few other towers a flag of unknown origin. (trained knowledge nobility/royalty check) The people controlling those towers seems humanoid and do not seems to be heavily armored.

All houses located outside the city wall seems to have been abandon or be occupied by Soldier, all around the city wall he also notices various piece of siege equipment.

As he saw previously many parts of the city are burning.

---
Valeria looks at Xavier "so you wanted to speak to me?"

Manzanita

First Post
Solomon is amazed at what he sees. He doesn't know what to make of it. This is beyond his areas of expertise. He waits for Trolm and Dai to approach, watching the scene. When the come closer, he moves to them.

"What is going on? Why would Mergovian soldiers be attacking a Mergovian city? Is there civil war? Had some other force taken over Domus and the army is trying to recapture it? That seems unlikely. Based on what that villager said, the army attacked without provocation. Clearly our ship would be stopped trying to escape down the river. But would they stop us? We have done nothing wrong have we? Somehow I suspect they would stop us. And arrest us. We can tell Arthur what we have seen, but I think we will have to retreat."

doghead

thotd
Xavier Roces, male human Warrior of Hieroneous

DarkMaster said:
Valeria looks at Xavier "so you wanted to speak to me?"

Xavier shakes his head.

"No, not really. There are still things I do not understand. But so far your answers haven't illuminated things any for me. Perhaps I asked the wrong questions," Xavier concludes with a small shrug.

"If you have any better ones, I will happily try those," he adds.

Remove ads