• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Liberty (The heros of Mergovia)

Manzanita

First Post
"We are traveling through." Solomon says, hesitantly, not sure if he is being understood. "Can we help? What's going on here?"

DarkMaster

First Post
For an instant Solomon feels like the wind steal his word and dissapears.

suddenly the light breeze starts again. "The people of Domus are rebelling against the royal authority. Anyone is welcome to help to restore peace in our kingdom. Brave men, meet our soldiers near the gate if you want to help. We still control the water way and protect merchant and travellers as they go through the walls. The faint wind suddenly stops and the soldiers on the boat seems to return to their normal activity.

Trolm looks puzzled at a Solomon who seems to be talking to himself.

=====

Jasper still keeping the guard while his two elven compagnions are sleeping inside the boat notices what seems to be ligth from torches deeper inside the wood approaching at walking speed in his direction. The lights are approaching from the city.

Manzanita

First Post
"The King's soldiers still control the waterway. Do you think our ship can pass? Do we have legitimate merchant's license? There's no point joining the fighting here. We need to figure out a justification to pass the area and go to sea. Otherwise, its possible we could fight our way through on the ship. I say we return to the ship. Is there anything else we can do here? We can try to find a refugee and get the story from the city's point of view as we return. What do you two think?" he asks Trolm and Dai.

silentspace

First Post
Over five days' time, Oculus has gotten to know the Vernita like the back of his hand. He had gotten to know Captain Syl and his men, and even some of Gror's orcs. But still, he wasn't sure what to do. He bided his time. Uder had been right, the Alba's were not talking. Still, Oculus had his hopes. Either his diplomacy or his charm spells should eventually win over the prisoners, for at least long enough for him to figure out what they were doing here. He bided his time.

ooc: the Vernita is not on the same path as the other's boat, right? The Vernita was heading to the other continent, if I recall..

DarkMaster

First Post
OOC There are two ways of going to the sea from Mornonas and the fastest one is through Domus. Let's go back a few hours in time to reintroduce Oculus.

Slowly the Vernita enters inside the large city doors. In front of them the king rivers cuts the large metropolis in two. about every 3 hundred meters a large bridge crosses the river. Many smaller canals can be seen on both side dissapearing inside the city. Oculus (knowledge local 3+8) remembers that each of these canals lead to small intercity port to facilitate the commerce. Each of these ports are interconnected and the city has almost the same amounts of streets and canal.

Captain Syl is in front of the ship discussing with Uder visibly preocupied by something. Around him the sailors disguised as royal sailors are lowering the sail to slow down the ship as it will starts navigate through the city. Gror who kept an eyes on the wizard during the five day is looking at the people walking along the nearby streets while keeping an eye on Oculus. Ready to kill him on anything suspicious.

----

Trolm looks at Solomon still not understanding how the half-orc got all that information. Trolm listen carefully. "I don't know what's happening here, and I must admit that if I were to fight I don't know on which we should be. I think we should stay focus on our objective. stoping Uder and avenging our lost compagnion. He turns towards Dai.

What do you think my friend

"As for bluffing our way through, You can't count on Valeria" He finishes with a half smile on his face showing his mixed feeling towards having to rely on her.

silentspace

First Post
Gror is surely out to kill me today. I hope I've made enough friends here that they will at least slow him down, give me a chance to get the upper hand. No time to worry about that though.

Oculus goes to join Captain Syl and Uder. "Is something wrong? Will we be stopping here?"

Kangaxx

First Post
Jasper Conrad

DarkMaster said:
Jasper still keeping the guard while his two elven compagnions are sleeping inside the boat notices what seems to be ligth from torches deeper inside the wood approaching at walking speed in his direction. The lights are approaching from the city.

Jasper shakes the nearest elf awake as he tries to determine how many torches are approaching.

Manzanita

First Post
"Let's go." says Solomon. "Someone was speaking in my ear and listening to my words." He motions vaguely around his head to Trolm. "I don't understand. Magic, you know."

OOC: Unless Dai has a better idea, the group needs to get back to the ship & make a go of it. They'll discuss with Arthur what sort of cover story the elves have for getting through the King's militia.

Ferrix

Explorer
"Stand wit' da common 's how I live." The dark-skinned warrior says, his hand touching his forehead solemnly, "'da people know harshness 'n pain."

Manzanita

First Post
Ferrix said:
"Stand wit' da common 's how I live." The dark-skinned warrior says, his hand touching his forehead solemnly, "'da people know harshness 'n pain."

"I agree, Dai. I've no love for the king or his army, with the exception of Trolm, here, of course. But this is not our fight. We have our own business which is closer to my heart. We are too few to change the course of this battle." says Solomon.

Remove ads