Life In Vein

dead_radish

Explorer
*Matz sniffs around at the air.* "Wind spirits have little need for gold and treasure. I'm sure they'll be happy just to have the temple back. I say we take all that we can carry as a reward for our services."

Isida Kep'Tukari

Adventurer
Supporter
*Collecting the things from the temple, the party can rest here tonight if they wish. In the early morning air you spot Icetalon, the witchraven that you helped, cavorting and gliding amongst billows of writhing wind; the wind spirits that you set free. Seeing you, Icetalon arrows in and lands upon the altar.*

"My friends, the spirits of the winds convey their thanks and profound appreciation. That woman would have bound them and all the free spirits she managed to steal within her for a long time if you hadn't come. They're willing to fly you back home so that you can enjoy the festival, in appreciation," he says cheerfully.

*If you accept his offer, he directs you to take a leap of faith off the side of the temple, right onto the wind's shivering back. Caught and encircled by the arms of the wind, you fly over the landscape, seeing it from a height usually only birds do. Wind rushes past your ears and chills your body, and within less than a few hours, you find yourself flying over Naveal, pennants flying, music playing, and a thousand wonderful scents in the air.*

*Landing with flair in the village square, you find yourself the center of attention, notably by the artists that you helped save before you left. Now looking less haunted, their faces are vibrant with life. Statues of crystal glitter in the square as you are feasted like kings, at the Festival of Sky's favor.*

[OOC - And that concludes our adventure, ladies and gentlemen. Thank you kindly for your participation, I very much enjoyed DMing you all. Hope to see you around in the future :).

For your own edification, here are the gp values or magical properties (if any) of the treasure found on your trip:

Tingual Room

Silver and gold woven basket - 150gp
100 queens - 100gp
White wolf fur - 30gp
Green metal cup with gemstones - 125gp
Silver gown - 200gp
Perfume flask - 75gp

Scepter of the Winds - Can produced a gust of wind as a 8th level caster 2/day, and gives the possessor +5 to Diplomacy checks versus air creatures. Also acts as a heavy mace.

Skylight room

123gp
13sp
5pp

Stained glass bird fragment (Glass Songbird) - By exposing this piece of glass to sunlight, it produces a most beautiful tune. It allows the bearer to cast charm at will.

Golden metal ball (Orb of Life) - This metal ball will allow the possessor to drain some of their own life force so that they may use it when they need it most. By the means of an hour-long ritual, someone can place up to a quarter of their hit points in this orb. None of these hit points can be healed by magic, and must be done naturally. At any time after they've fulled recovered, they can open the orb and regain the hit points they've lost due to injury. One cannot gain more than their maximum hit points in this manner, and any hit points over maximum are lost.

Silver dice with amethyst pips (Dice of Luck) - These dice can be rolled once a day, giving the user a modifier of anywhere from +2 to +12 that can be used on any other roll that day. The use of the modifer (which cannot be broken up) must be declared before the roll is made.

Silver choaker with faceted jet stone (Shadowcloak) - This silver choaker allows the user to cast cloak of shadows on himself 1/day as a 5th level caster.

Electrum medallion set with amber (Honeyed Tongue) - This medallion allows the user to cast enchanting flavor at will.

Platinum ring carved with feathers (Ring of Feathers) - As per a ring of feather falling.

Half silver mask studded with citrines (Mask of the Half-Noble) - This curious magic item allows its possessor to appear to be wearing the most fashionable noble robes and jewelry, but only during the hours of night. During this time, the person acts as if they had 10 ranks in Knowledge (nobility and courtesy). During daylight hours, the half-mask becomes a wine-colored mark on the face, much like a port-wine birthmark, and the wearer's robes become plain and slightly ragged servent's clothes that cannot be removed by any means. The mask cannot be removed without the application of powerful magic.

On the Witch

Moonstone belt (Belt of the Windblooded) - Anyone wearing this belt that is either a wind witch, or has taken the air mage feat, gains an effective +2 to caster level, which increases to +3 when casting spells with the air descriptor.

Orb of the Wind Temple - This orb was used by the previous priests and priestess here to contact wind spirits. It is capable of summoning various air elementals and air spirits, but can only be done from the Wind Temple.]

Erekose13

Explorer
Thank you very much Isida, I know that I have had a lot of fun with this game. It was a pleasure to play Pai I will have to use him in the future as well. Not planning a sequel though?

Remove ads