• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Life In Vein

Isida Kep'Tukari

Adventurer
Supporter
*Matz has the feeling that most, if not all the items, bear some kind of magic in them. Opening the door, Arkas sees that there is a set of stairs immediately to the right, going up the side of a steep cliff for about twenty steps, and then ending on what you assume is the side of the open Wind Temple floor. There's a landing right in front of you, and not a railing it sight. And it's a long way down.*

*The words are a bit clearer now, and seem to be in the sussarating tongue characteristic of the creatures of air. If anyone understands this tongue, it seems to be part of a binding ritual. There is a sound of wind whining through the air above, occasionally cresendoing into a tortured shriek.*

dead_radish

Explorer
*Matz blinks, and shoves the remaining items from the box in to his pack, taking care with the glass. He then points up.* "That does not sound like good news, folks. We should perhaps commit to our action now."

OOC: Is there a door out to the ceiling from here? I may just be confused....

Thought Admiral

First Post
* Eryic rolls his head, loosening up for action. He whispers, *

"Let's burst through both doors quickly. I don't think we have a chance at achieving surprise and I'm not curious enough to see what sort of summoning is being attempted to wait and see."

* He picks up the chair and moves it under the trap door. *

OOC - Does the group have patrol style hand signals to indicate who goes through doors (left, right, high, low, etc.)?

dead_radish

Explorer
*Matz grins.* "Well enough." He scampers to the doorway, and waits until everyone is ready, then will burst through, charging whoever he sees that is threatening*

SeanWeasley

First Post
Arkas, male loresong faen, akashic 2/runethane 1

Arkas gives the all clear signal and swings the stone door wide open. Then he whispers "Make haste!" as loudly as he dares and waves the party forward. Without waiting for the rest of the party, Arkas and Bronwynn charge up the stairs. Arkas keeps as close to the wall as possible as he struggles to run up stairs carved for big folk (I am assuming they are not faen-sized stairs). Bow and tusks are at the ready.

[OOC: Kill, kill, kill.]

Isida Kep'Tukari

Adventurer
Supporter
*Bursting through the two doors simultaneously, the party finds a woman in long white robes, her long pale hair streaming behind her in the furious wind. Behind her is an altar of sorts, on top of which is a large glass globe. It seems to be full of hundreds of swirling colors, glowing softly in the light of the full moon.*

*The temple is a huge round floor on top of a mountain peak. All around the edges, massive columns hold up the rest of the mountain, that seems to be riddled with holes. Wind screams through here, sounding like shrieks of damned souls. The center of the floor seems to be the translucent "skylight." The woman whips around at your sudden entrance and gives you a glare of pure hatred. Those who came up the stairs are about sixty feet from her. Those that crawled through the skylight are about thirty feet from her.*

[OOC - Initiative
Arkas - 21
Urgo and Matz - 19
Pai - 18
Agracahn - 16
Woman in White - 16 (lower dex)
Soen - 15
Eryic - 13]
Vaushi - 10

dead_radish

Explorer
*Matz glares back at the woman, his gaze equally intense.* "I don't think you're supposed to be doing that." *He charges the woman, leaping on to her as he reaches her, claws at the ready*

(OOC: Charge and attempt a grapple. I'm assuming she won't get an AoO, since she's still flat-footed?)

Paxus Asclepius

First Post
Agracahn, Litorian Unfettered

*Agracahn rushes forward, lashing his whip at the woman's ankles to drag her to the ground. As he moves, he sighs sadly; it seems such a pity to ruin this beautifully crafted scene with bloodshed, but it seems inevitable.*

Remove ads