Little help with portraits? :)

Darkness

Hand and Eye of Piratecat [Moderator]
Dude, try changing the thread title so it's more clear what you want - something like "Artist needed - for free, if possible" and you'll possibly get more responses... ;)

Okay - this might not work much better... :p How about this, though: "Help with character portrait needed"? :)

Don21584

First Post
Thanks Darkness. I didn't realize when you edit that you could change the name of the topic, as I'm so used to the settings on the other message board(s) that I go to. And when I make topics, I try to keep it as broad as I can, especially when asking for help, that way I can get the really helpful people to come in and the...not so helpful people, to not have the urge to 'not be lazy and do it myself' or something like that.

Frostmarrow

First Post
You might want to check this site out. The results are a bit cartoonish but I think they're fine.

HeroMachine

Ok, it's a bit weird to begin with: If you want a female portrait you pick fantasy|human|female but if you want a male portrait you pick fantasy|humanoid|male.

You can download the program or run it online.

Last edited:

Frostmarrow

First Post
I managed to do something like this in just five minutes:

Attachments

• heromachine.jpg
    heromachine.jpg
    13.9 KB · Views: 360

Don21584

First Post
I'll show it to her, but I've seen/used that before, and never really liked any of the results I came up with. They need more "general" options/clothing. I don't really want to make Marvel superheroes...

Ysgarran

Yea, its tough to get portraits done. I actually hired an artist to do some portraits of my gaming group. (I was going to give it out as a present to the gang I play with). The artists let me down and never completed the work. No money exchanged hands but promises were made....oh well.

I live in Ann Arbor and have actually played with the idea of going to UoM to see if I could find any artists.

There is a fellow (who runs a local game shop) who does a decent job for about 20$.

Don21584

First Post
Well, with GenCon coming up, and it'll be the last one we can go to, we're going to be scrapping every non essential bill paying food costing dollar for that.

Edit: note to self; learn to type "go" when you mean "go" and not type "do"

Last edited:

Remove ads