• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Little Known Rules of D&D

Dread Polack

Explorer
Slaved said:
Dread Polack, why did you not get rank 5 in jump? That would give you a +2 bonus to your tumble checks! That has to be worth the extra skill point! :D

As a matter of fact, I apparently did. I took another look at my sheet. I think I put ranks into it until I realized my movement gave me bonuses, which was around level 5 or so :)

Dread Poalck

eamon

Explorer
kreynolds said:
I start making my fatigue checks about 5 minutes after dinner. :D
Same here ;-).

Anyways, fatigue isn't anything major... if you're out doing heavy labor (like travelling all day on horseback in armor), you'll be tired even before the day is out! I think fatigued after only 16 hours is being nice... I'd make it more like 8 ;-). Sure, you can continue... it's just a -2 after all... but it's tiring!

Dire Lemming

First Post
Goldmoon said:
All summoned creatures from the summon monster spells speak at least one language, usually common.

Can you cite your source for this? I skipped out on Summon Monster 1 for my bard because he only knew common, sylvan, and goblin.

Goldmoon

First Post
Dire Lemming said:
Can you cite your source for this? I skipped out on Summon Monster 1 for my bard because he only knew common, sylvan, and goblin.

It should have been changed to Understand at least one language, usually common.

Goldmoon

First Post
Dire Lemming said:
Yes I know, but can you cite your source for that cause I didn't see it in the spell description.

Most summoned monsters have either the Celestial or Dire Template, this bumps their intelligence up to at least 3. According to the 3.5 Monster Manual, in the beginning under the intelligence ability score description, all creatures with an intelligence of 3 or greater understand at least 1 language (Common, unless otherwise noted)

Goldmoon said:
all creatures with an intelligence of 3 or greater understand at least 1 language (Common, unless otherwise noted)

And the important point is that neither the Celestial nor the Fiendish template "otherwise note." :)

Many DMs rule (badly, IMO) that Celestial creatures all speak Celestial and than Fiendish creatures all speak ... ;)

Thurbane

First Post
cheshire_grin said:
Yes, which is why I said

In case it's not clear, I am referring to houseruling, not claiming that this is RAW.
Sorry, my reply wasn't directly aimed at you, it was a general observation of the lack of rules about sleep in 3.5 D&D.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads