[Living Pathfinder] Little Rock of Horrors

GlassEye

Adventurer
Mariah's arrow strikes home with a solid thunk and the kelpie slumps to the ground with a shrill wail. The silence after the creature's fall seems unnervingly quiet; even the surf seems muffled.

The quietness is shattered by Giocco, "Thank the gods!" He looks off at the horizon where the lowering sun is turning a bright, vivid orange then up at the top of the lighthouse and the faint green glow emanating from its glass. "Do we go up there tonight? There's a landing about halfway up the stone stairs to the entrance of the 'house; we could camp there."

vl.arandur

First Post
Ashleigh stares down at the fallen kelpie, shivering in the wind turned cold, her mind flooding with memories of the battle just past. Anew she struggles to control herself, as she does after every such episode, her hands shaking so she is unable to sheath her rapier without injuring herself, instead electing to drop it for the time being until she is more composed. It would be all right, she thinks, if she were merely feeling the terror of unknown monsters coming from the coastline to slay her. It is quite another thing, though, to be afraid of the demons within one's self, particularly when they are as capable of the art of murder as hers. Disconsolate, her bravado gone, she stoops to pick up her rapier from where it lies, putting it away until the next conflict should come... and come it will, she knows.

When one's very survival is predicated upon embracing the madness within, what kind of life can possibly be lived? Yet she continues, for she knows nothing else.

She hears Giocco's comment, and registers it, but in her shaken state is rendered mute. She continues to stare at the kelpie.

Lord_camulus

First Post
Mariah surveys the battlefield that nearly claimed her life. There was a aura near by that had been masked by the urgency of the battle. It was a feeling she had never experienced previously. She studded the fallen mutations she had slain, now nothing more than a pile of wet muck lying on the rock motionless and knew immediately that the source of the negative energy was emanating from one of her companions. It was a sensation that awakened an almost instinctive impulse to draw her bow once more but she fought the reaction and instead moved over to Ashleigh and still with her eyes ablaze addressed her in Infernal. "Ashleigh ir daudz sāpes un jūs uguns. Ir divu pasauļu ir apgrūtinājums arī man, bet jums ir par labu, izvēloties, kurus pasaulē jūs sekos." The young woman's hair now calms down and her eyes return to their usual blue. She smiles at the tiefling with a humility and reverence hoping that the gesture would be received as an olive branch. Reassuring her that no matter her blood she sees only a comrade.

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
Pari looks up from his work over Heinrich and speaks acerbically. "I hate to interrupt you ladies in your musings, but I could use a little help here." He turns back to his work, muttering a few words as he passes hands over the bleeding body. "Versvesh qe."

[sblock=Actions]Cast Resistance on Heinrich. Next round I'll try another heal check if no one else has stabilized him.[/sblock]

vl.arandur

First Post
Continuing to stare at what's left of the fallen foe, Ashleigh allows a tiny smile to grace her features, though her bitterness is readily apparent. "Sen atpakaļ es izvēlējos savu pasauli. Skatīties un redzēt, kas man jādara, lai to." Perking up a little at the acerbic call of her comrade, she flinches and tells him, "Ask Mariah to help, I can't.... I mean, I don't...." She looks at her shaking hands, biting her lip, then, deciding to snap out of it, does so. Without regard for her earlier profession of helplessness, she comes over to Heinrich's side to see what she can do.

[sblock=OOC]I'll make a check to aid Pari.[/sblock]

Lord_camulus

First Post
without wasting another moment Mariah kneels down next to her fallen comrade and laying her hands upon Heinrich's chest begins to utter a whispered prayer. "The light of the goddess fill you and give you strength."

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
ooc: I am sorry, but I lost track of how many rounds passed since he fell. I will wait until G.E. returns from holiday travels to get his hp settled.

mfloyd3

Explorer
Realizing she has nothing to offer the fallen Heinrich, Garnet chooses instead to stay on guard against another attack. She dons her shield and paces about the site, eyes searching the rocks and pools for more monsters.

"Giocco, tie off the boat," she instructs, noting that the lad never had the chance to finish tying up.

GlassEye

Adventurer
The wind blows the smell of salt and the sea to the group as Heinrich rouses under the ministrations of Pari and Mariah's magics. Giocco scurries to tie up the longboat though he takes special care to avoid the corpses of the kelpies. The rising tide shifts one of the kelpie bodies and a silvery glint can be seen in the strands of kelp that resembled a more normal, land-bound humanoid's hair.

Garnet sees no more threats at the moment aside from the slowly rising tide that, from the looks of the water line on the rocks and tower, will eventually cover the rocky beach. A winding staircase carved from the rock goes up and around, presumably to an entrance on the other side and higher up on the lighthouse.

[sblock=OOC]Thanks for your patience over the past week. You've all been doing great and I hope that normal posting can resume.

Current hit points
Code:
[U]Character         AC  HP  InHand/Condition[/U]
Garnet            20  12   waraxe/none 
Ashleigh          16   [color=yellow]5[/color]   none/none
Heinrich          12   [color=orange]2[/color]   dagger/none
Mariah            15   [color=orange]2[/color]   none/none
Pari              17  20   scythe/none
Tagaiwi           14  17   ----/none
[/sblock]

Last edited:

Remove ads