Living Star Wars Saga: Adventure 1: Welcome to Haon

OnlytheStrong

Explorer
Kered points in the droids direction, "Come now little droid, who could possibly of ordered you to do such an act?" Kered walks toward the droid as it begins to lift off the ground and start to spin. Kereds hands twirl as if he is actually holding the droid, inverting it so that it's blaster is away from the cantina patrons. "Galen, perhaps you will be able to figure out who exactly ordered this droid?"

ooc: Kered will concentrate on the droid so that he can hold it in place.

Yabanjin

First Post
"Uh-uh-uh-okay!" Galen shouts, picking chunks of Mon Calimarri off his jumpsuit. Shaking, he runs up to the overturned droid and checks its model and serial number.

[sblock="OOC"]I wasn't sure which skill would be more applicable for this, so I just rolled both:
Mechanics 1d20+13 = (25)
Knowledge (Technology) 1d20+8 = (23)
Also: starting off a Star Wars adventure with an exploding Mon Calimarri? Possibly the greatest thing I have ever witnessed.[/sblock]

fireinthedust

Explorer
The droid is under about 20 feet of water (or 4 squares), and it is struggling very hard against your use of the Force; it's taking effort to maintain it.

[sblock=ooc] Is this a Force power from your Force suite? I can't find the particular rule, but how long can you maintain this? I want to know, as round by round the Droid will keep trying to get up. I'm not 100% on the Force rules, but I think you get to use them once each per time you took them for Force Training. The UtF power is for light objects only, unless you've got feats for this sort of thing from the Core book, or Force powers. I think I'm looking at this right... I can't find duration anywhere.

but yes, basically if you can maintain it round-by round, the droid will do one thing; if not, it'll do another.

wait: are you flipping the droid, or just wrestling with the gun on top of it? It's basically a big crab/spider with a gun sticking out of its back.
[/sblock]

Galen: You can see right away that it's a big droid, but an older model of what looks like a battle droid shaped like a crab or a spider, with a gun sticking out of its back. It's on the other side of the floor, 20 feet down in the tank, so you're about as close to it physically as you can get right now without going through the floor.

[sblock=initiative]
Kered
Galen
Maryth <==You're up!
Droid
Bystanders[/sblock]

OnlytheStrong

Explorer
[sblock=Mechanics]
It's a Force Power.

Move Object:

DC 15: Move object up to Medium Size
DC 20: Move object up to Large Size
DC 25: Move object up to Huge Size (etc.)

Special: You may maintain your concentration on the targeted object to continue to move it from round to round. Maintaining the move object power is a standard action.

It sounds like... as long as I don't take a standard action, I can hold it there or move it around. It's flipped over by the way. I was wanting to move it up to where it can be seen better... but not in a fashion that allows us to get shot at lol.

[/sblock]

fireinthedust

Explorer
[sblock=kered] Okay cool. I think, though, that since this object is a droid I'm going to treat this as a sort of grapple check to see if it can break the hold. Would I be right in thinking that similar powers (force push) would attack a defense? [/sblock]

OnlytheStrong

Explorer
[sblock=GM]

This is an exert from the book... to be honest I had to go look it up lol. You got me wondering if it was a legal move.

"The result of the check determines the maximum size of the target you can lift (see below). If the target is a creature that resists your attempt, your Use the Force check must also exceed the target's Will Defense."

The DC for the chart it's talking about was posted in my last post. Basically it looks like 1 check vs 2 things: the creature's will defense and it's weight.

My roll was a 29 which is enough to lift a Huge object... if that beats it's will.....then it seems like it's stuck. I wouldn't be opposed to making it more like a grapple. Basically... Every turn I want to hold it I roll Use the Force and it get's an attempt to break my hold with a Will save. That seem fair enough? [/sblock]

fireinthedust

Explorer
[sblock=use the force]Let's make it even simpler: every round you roll vs. its defense (I don't want to roll a million saves throughout a campaign); and it can strength vs. your... Will or else 10+cha+use the force (though I'm thinking Will would be better), as its action on its turn, if it so chooses (though hinting through the Force that you'll have only a couple rounds to do this).
I think this makes it more exciting for Combat, basically because if I have a couple dark Jedi after you, and one just pins you down while the other Force grips you or the others, that would suck. This way, if you break free, or it breaks free, we've got more action-oriented combat... and hey, if you roll a 20 on any of these rolls you get all your Force suite back for the encounter again![/sblock]

OnlytheStrong

Explorer
[sblock=use the force]Let's make it even simpler: every round you roll vs. its defense (I don't want to roll a million saves throughout a campaign); and it can strength vs. your... Will or else 10+cha+use the force (though I'm thinking Will would be better), as its action on its turn, if it so chooses (though hinting through the Force that you'll have only a couple rounds to do this).
I think this makes it more exciting for Combat, basically because if I have a couple dark Jedi after you, and one just pins you down while the other Force grips you or the others, that would suck. This way, if you break free, or it breaks free, we've got more action-oriented combat... and hey, if you roll a 20 on any of these rolls you get all your Force suite back for the encounter again![/sblock]

[sblock=ooc]

Only issue with that is that we would end up having 2 rolls per round (per person) to confirm one more. I would prefer to have 1 roll per round to see if the move can be maintained. It makes sense to me that it is Use the Force vs. Will to see if it's will is stronger than mine... Since it's will is a static number it would appear to be alittle bit simpler.

Basically to me Use the Force = my mastery of it So if my mastery is enough to defeat the opponents will... then the Force does what I request. Mechanice wise, I think this is the best way, but I'm up for a vote if needed. We do need judges and this will prolly come up again after all lol. Stupid jedi and the problems they cause.

[/sblock]

fireinthedust

Explorer
[sblock= Use the, um, Mass times Acceleration] Hmmm... good point. I think for holding someone physically down it should be Fortitude rather than Will, then. I might be stuck on 4e, but I'm trying to picture how this would work for it: would it be a (save ends) scenario? If that's the case, you could have other actions other than the swift action to maintain it; we could ignore the check between rounds. Then again, I don't mind having you spend the action and rolling every round, but it'd be the same action type. Pick one, as it's about to be your turn.[/sblock]

Maryth's blaster scoots through the floor without leaving a singe. Galen notices this is an odd trait for normal plasteel, but he's vaguely heard of blends that can utterly ignore energy blasts without taking a scratch (typically used as lenses or for parts that interact with energy streams).

The blaster shot hits the droid, leaving a scorch mark on its hide; the fish in the area scatter and star swimming frantically around the tank. The Droid struggles against the Jedi's power, managing only to shatter a log of coral with one of its legs; how long this can be maintained, however, is unknown.

The bystanders are running around the room, including some of the other aliens at the edges of the restaurant. One of the Twi'Leks stands next to a short and pudgy (for a) Trandoshian, who is banging on the main door of the room.

It won't open: someone's sealed it shut!!!

[sblock=ooc]Top of the Round!

Kered <== You're up!
Galen
Maryth
Droid
Bystanders [/sblock]

Remove ads