• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Living Supers - General Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Salix

First Post
I was going to update Titan, but I could bring him in as is. He's in the HQ Ready Lounge and ready to go

Salix

First Post
Hand of Vecna- I was going to have Archville design some gauntlets for Titan. Does this work for your character?

Raylis- I haven't read you're Tokyo adventure. How do you want Archville and Titan to come in. Will you post it here? I'm hoping Velmont will aprove a few changes beforehand. Also, do you want us to come in blind, or will you want us to read through the thread to catch up?

Hand of Vecna

First Post
Salix said:
Hand of Vecna- I was going to have Archeville design some gauntlets for Titan. Does this work for your character?
Most definitely! What were you wanting?

Raylis, if Archeville can get in on the Tokyo game, I'm fine with either "going in blind" and letting the PCs update us (with potentially hilarious consequences as stories get confused), or reading the game through and saying we got updated along the way (I've sorta been following it anyway).

Salix

First Post
Hand of Vecna said:
Most definitely! What were you wanting?

Raylis, if Archeville can get in on the Tokyo game, I'm fine with either "going in blind" and letting the PCs update us (with potentially hilarious consequences as stories get confused), or reading the game through and saying we got updated along the way (I've sorta been following it anyway).

Pair of Guantlets- Device 2 Hard to lose Stun is primary power with Blast and Force Field as APs. Force Field would have Impervious extra with Ablative flaw

Gives my PL8 some kind of Ranged Attack and Protection. Stun might be handy when grappling

RA- Tokyo better watch out!

Raylis

First Post
Sierra, Archeville and Titan are all good to go, I'll throw up a post in the ready room either tonight or tommorow.

I've you've been reading no worries, but not at this point blind would be the best way to go.

Salix- just let me know which version you'll be bringing in :D

Salix

First Post
Raylis said:
Sierra, Archeville and Titan are all good to go, I'll throw up a post in the ready room either tonight or tommorow.

I've you've been reading no worries, but not at this point blind would be the best way to go.

Salix- just let me know which version you'll be bringing in :D

Sweet! I hope to hear from Velmont soon. Additional twelve points on a PL8, so nothing to earth-shattering, but should round out his abilities a little.

Hand of Vecna

First Post
Salix said:
Pair of Guantlets- Device 2 Hard to lose Stun is primary power with Blast and Force Field as APs. Force Field would have Impervious extra with Ablative flaw

Gives my PL8 some kind of Ranged Attack and Protection. Stun might be handy when grappling!
Hard to Lose Device 2 would cost 8pp, and give 10 pp worth of effects.

Stun 4 (PF: 2 APs) [2x4 +2 = 10pp]
AP 1: Blast 4
AP 2: Force Field 8 (EX: Impervious; FL: Ablative)

Is that what you wanted?

Raylis said:

w00t! And I can do 'blind' ;)

Oh, should I use pre-Stolen University Archeville, or post-Stolen University Archeville? I would prefer to use the latter, but if you want/need me to use the former (so he's more equal to everyone else), that's fine.

Last edited:

Salix

First Post
Hand of Vecna said:
Hard to Lose Device 2 would cost 8pp, and give 10 pp worth of effects.

Stun 4 (PF: 2 APs) [2x4 +2 = 10pp]
AP 1: Blast 4
AP 2: Force Field 8 (EX: Impervious; FL: Ablative)

Is that what you wanted?

I had it statted wrong, and Velmont came up with the same configuration. I was hoping you could give me some snappy gadget talk for how these things are powered and work.

Hand of Vecna

First Post
Salix said:
I had it statted wrong, and Velmont came up with the same configuration. I was hoping you could give me some snappy gadget talk for how these things are powered and work.
Ah, gotcha.

*ahem*

"Zhe gauntlets work off zhe wearer's own bioelectrical field, storing zhe excess energy so zhat your touch becomes like a cattle prod."
"You mean, like a taser?"
"No, I mean like a cattle prod -- tasers are a ranged weapon. Not to say zhese gauntlets do not haff a ranged component -- zhe stored energy can also be emitted as an electrical blast, zhough it is more dispersed und so vill fry a foe razher zhan stun him."
"Gotcha. And this blue button?"
"Ah, yes, my personal favorite part of it: a force field generator. Again, it uses your body's own bioelectrical energy, to create a field of densely-packed energy zhat can absorb the impact of most blows. It can disperse energy beam fire, melt bullets before zhey hit you, und so on."
"Neat!"
"Ja, 'neat,' zhough zhere is one downside. See, since it's powered by zhe wearer's own bioelectric field, und since your own bioelectric field is not zhat much more intense zhan zhat of a normal person, it can only provide so much protection before needing to shut down und 'recharge,' by absorbing more of your body's own bioelectricity."

That work for ya? ;)

Just realized, though, that Titan can't have the FF fully activated. He's PL 8, with a Defense of +6. That means he can only have a maximum Toughness of +10, and he's already got +5 from his Constitution of 20 (when at Medium size), so he can only benefit from 5 ranks of the Force Field.
I think he'd face even more problems when he's got his Growth or Shrinking active (though I don't have my books with me at the moment to check the size charts so I can't be sure).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads