• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Lizardfolks in Dragon #268

Status
Not open for further replies.

Maxxx26

First Post
But for the armor they probably incorporated the -2 that they get when in spaces where they can climb and similar stuff, didn't they? I would also imagine that a gecko hide is much less durable than that of many other reptiles, like the ones the poison dusk are based on.

Yes, Animal, Plant look good. But Scalykind is in the SRD, in the divine rules part.

Shade

Monster Junkie
Maxxx26 said:
But for the armor they probably incorporated the -2 that they get when in spaces where they can climb and similar stuff, didn't they? I would also imagine that a gecko hide is much less durable than that of many other reptiles, like the ones the poison dusk are based on.

Possibly. I'm fine with dropping it. The original might have assumed leather armor or something similar.

Yes, Animal, Plant look good. But Scalykind is in the SRD, in the divine rules part.

Ooh, nice to know. So it's fair game. :D

Maxxx26

First Post
I would probably drop the natural armor. They already have good armor with their high dex and special qualities.

freyar

Extradimensional Explorer
Why don't we drop the natural armor (anything that helps keep LA down) and give the example some leather? Keeping the bonus languages is ok with me, btw.

freyar

Extradimensional Explorer
Maxxx26 said:
That only leaves us with four more.

Heh, I think there are still about 1300 critters to convert to 3.X rules! :) You're welcome, of course, to join in other threads and help with those, too!

I expect we'll knock these off fairly quickly, just as soon as the work week starts again. ;)

Shade

Monster Junkie
Let's tackle the iguanids next, since they also will lack racial HD.

Started them up in http://www.enworld.org/showthread.php?t=216619]Homebrews[/URL].

Because of their tails, lizardfolk have a +4 racial bonus on Jump, Swim, and Balance checks.

Retain the bonus on Jump and Balance checks? (Swim's already accounted for thanks to having a swim speed).

Much like dwarves, iguanids have an inherent resistance to magic. Iguanids must roll for failure even if they cast spells, read scrolls, or use magical items that require activation (not magical weapons and other permanent magic). The chance of failure is 20%. This effect applies only to wizard spells and items, not to priest spells and divine effects. Iguanids' own druidic powers are unrestricted. They also gain a +2 saving throw bonus vs. poison.

Just borrow the dwarf's bonus on saves against spells and poison?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads