• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Lizardfolks in Dragon #268

Status
Not open for further replies.

freyar

Extradimensional Explorer
So let's just leave it as-is. Does the racial write-up require anything besides LA? Did we decide on natural armor for these?

Shade

Monster Junkie
Yeah, we still need natural armor.

Skills: 4 (racial bonuses: +4 Balance, +8 Climb, +4 Jump, +8 Swim)
Feats: 1

Maxxx26

First Post
From the description I would say no natural armor or at most +1. Skills and Feats depend on the class, do you want to make the example a 1st level warrior or druid?

freyar

The orginal AC of 7 would give +1 natural armor, so let's go with that.

Well, the usual thing to do is make the example a Warrior, even though we went with Rogue for the last one. Also, Shade's based skill points on a Warrior with Int 8 or 9. Assuming that we pick Warrior, I'd say it might make sense to put the 4 ranks into Jump (to match Climb & Swim). For a feat, maybe Alertness or one of the save boosters?

Shade

Monster Junkie
Yeah, warrior. I went with rogue on the last one since the flavor text seemed to scream "rogue, rogue, rogue!" at me. ;)

+1 nat armor sounds good. They seem to have tougher hides than the geckonids.

4 ranks in Jump also sounds fine.

I think Multiattack might make more sense for the feat. Thoughts?

Maxxx26

First Post
That depends. Do you want to portrait them as creatures fighting with their natural weapons or more civilized. They somehow look to me, as if they prefer to fight with weapon and shield (like the normal lizardfolk) as it is more secure. Then I would go with a stat booster as well.

freyar

Well, there's something to be said for having natural weapons as a fall-back. Let's make the default Multiattack but maybe mention in flavor text that many take different feats?

Shade

Monster Junkie
ORGANIZATION Tribal
NO. APPEARING 2d10+12
Iguanids are deeply religious. For every ten iguanids, there will be a 3rd-Ievel druid shaman. For every thirty, there is a 5th-level druid shaman. Each tribe is led by a druid of at least 7th level.

Organization: Solitary, band (14-32 plus one third-level druid shaman per 10 individuals plus 1d6 giant lizards), or tribe (30-60 plus one 3rd-level druid shaman per 10 individuals plus one 5th-level druid shaman per 30 individuals and one 7th-level druid shaman plus 1d6 giant lizards)?

On the other hand, iguanids have an uncanny knack for making friends with natural creatures. They always have at least 1-6 giant iguanas around as guards (treat them as giant lizards) and mobs of regular iguanas as pets. There is a good (50%) chance that various other local animals, such as jaguars and giant snakes, frequent their villages.

Racial bonus on Handle Animal checks?

Iguanids are the only lizard people who retained their ancestors' ability to lose their tails. If an iguanid's tail is grabbed and strongly jerked, such as by a predator, it comes off. The tail grows back shorter and darker within a few weeks.

Flavor text, or perhaps an increased chance to escape grapples, but at a price (the loss of the racial bonus on Balance and Jump checks)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads