• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Lobo's Elven Space Invader's Game

Lobo Lurker

First Post
Franklin (and anyone else who gets a 20 or higher on any of those checks) recalls mention of a Granite Tower... [sblock]...around 2,000 years ago there was a reclusive wizard who called himself Lamont who built, or rather, summoned a massive tower of granite to serve as his base of operations. He had united the human tribes and formed them into a not informidable fighting force. Lamont drove the local orc tribes out of the area and claimed the lands for himself. He reigned as master of the Murkwook for almost 70 years before the expanding freehold of Khorl absorbed his lands and decimated his bloodline.

Lamont was thought to have died then but, curiously, he and his Granite Tower are mentioned every few hundred years in passing; whether by official records or by rumor. The last mention you can remember of the Granite Tower was during the Goblin Wars, over 300 years ago when Lord Marshal Cary Falloway was said to have found "aide of a most sorcerous and foul kind from the tower of stone" to drive off a tribe of flintrock goblins after they'd killed over 1/2 of his militia. No further mention was made but it is curious that a tribe of well over 700 goblins should turn away and flee against a city militia of only 45 men.[/sblock]

Vertexx69

First Post
As the group SILENTLY spurs their horses toward the main gate en masse, Quandrus purses his lips a moment in thought. "Ah yes the granite tower of Lamont. I have always wanted to travel there one day, if for no other purpose than to delve into the mysteries of how it was summoned to this plane and from where."

[sblock=OOC]Knowledge Arcana (1d20+14=20)[/sblock]

ethandrew

First Post
With a slightly confused look on his face, Anderson sits atop his horse and follows the Princesses, wherever they will go. He feels a little foolish after being rebuffed by the woman Lily, and she was right. This was no time for introductions. "Hooray for social awkwardness," Anderson sarcastically mutters under his breath.

Last edited:

Jemal

Adventurer
*Just for the record, both Kiera AND Lily have posted walking away.. rest of you might wanna catch up.*
When Jessa mentioned heading North to the Tower, Kiera nods agreement and heads that way, pulling beside Anderson as she does
"Though we must make all haste, it is quite easy to speak while Riding. As you probably know, I am the princess Kiera. This... is Nevin." The Weasel stands up on her shoulder and waves a paw at the man.. QUITE un-weasel-like behaviour, though it seems to break the tension somewhat, as a chuckle issues from someone.

stonegod

Spawn of Khyber/LEB Judge
"Ah, the fabled Granite Tower," Franklin mentions as they ride forward. "There really are no accurate account of Lamont and his moving magical marvel still existing, but enough sightings to provide at least a chance of speculation. 2000 years of life would make any man an eccentric, however. Princess, do you have it on good authority on where we can find this enigma?"

ethandrew

First Post
Anderson ceases his mutterings immediately and nods his head in an exaggerated fashion. "It is an honor, Princess," He lifts his head and smiles weakly. "I am Anderson, as I mentioned before. Anderson Jones. Though I doubt you've heard of me, unlike I of you." He looks at Nevin and grins broadly, returning the small wave. "And hello Nevin. Well met."

When Anderson hears what Franklin said, he wheels his head around in curiosity. Having only heard portions of his questions, he is left very confused. Two thousand year old man? Moving magical marvel?

Jemal

Adventurer
Kiera, too, looks mildly puzzled. She'd recognized the name, but couldn't quite place it (18Know:Arcana, almost made it)... She'd assumed her sister was leading them to some mages tower, but.. 2000 years old?

Lobo Lurker

First Post
"Actually," says Princess Jessa. "I know exactly where to find Lamont's Tower. The King's Council has always known about Lamont... though they were loathe to call upon his help because he always exacts a high price for his help. He is ancient and I'm hoping that he can tell me where to find the great dragon, Chrysophylax."

The group moves onward, staying under cover of the trees. When you're about 2 hours outside of the city you come across a circle of halfling wagons, easily recognizable by the scarlet paint and silk roofing... and their cut-down height, of course. A handful of halfling children are playing in the mud, slinging mudpies at each other while a pair of halfling women look on.

You don't think that anyone has seen you yet. Princess Jessa looks around at you, "What should we do?"

Shayuri

First Post
"Avoid them," Lily advises. "Ride around through the forest. Killing them will take time, leave traces, and make future trouble when the males track us down."

Remove ads