• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Lobo's Elven Space Invader's Game

ethandrew

First Post
Anderson trots his horse away from the conversation with the Djinn and toward Captain Alfan. Reining his horse next to the man, Anderson whispers in a quiet voice, "Should we make toward the river and double back once we're outside the city? I do not want them knowing our location."

Last edited:

Lobo Lurker

First Post
"My name, HA! My name! You may call me ... Hmm, should I tell you that? Were you to get caught and horribly tortured you might tell your torturers my name, and that would get back to my master and then what a heaping load of camel dung I will be in."

He frowns a bit and says, "Call me The Gale Dancer, Charles" He smiles again.

Lobo Lurker

First Post
ethandrew said:
Anderson trots his horse away from the conversation with the Djinn and toward Captain Alfan. Reining his horse next to the man, Anderson whispers in a quiet voice, "Should we make toward the river and double back once we're outside the city? I do not want them knowing our location."

The Captain whispers back, "Honestly, I think it'd be best if you took the Lord Marshal and the elder daughters, Princesses Jessa, Kiera, Suzette and Lauren, out the front gate while I and the Red Cloaks take the younger girls by the river. We'll make for the Monetary of St. Verity, you know, that all-woman's monastic center where they take the orphan girls and teach them productive skills. There are some catacombs there where we should be able to hide out. We can meet up in a few weeks once things have calmed down and once you or her highnesses have made up their minds about what they want to do."

ethandrew

First Post
Anderson nods his head in agreement, "For the king. Godspeed, Captain." He turns his horse to face the remainder, cutting off the end of the djinn's ramblings. "We must leave with haste, my friends. The longer we dally, the higher the risk we run. I like standing here conversing naught."

He looks at Charles and nods his head toward the main causeway, which leads toward the front gate. "Lord Marshal, will you and the Princesses Jessa, Kiera, Suzette, and Lauren follow our guard out the city?"

Last edited:

stonegod

Spawn of Khyber/LEB Judge
Franklin takes the wine, remembering to detect magic on it after the djinn has left there site. Having seen the conversation with the martial, though not necessarily having heard it, he suspects there is a plan in the works and goes with it. "Let us be off."

Shayuri

First Post
"It looks like we're heading off," Lily says to the djinn. "Thank you for the wine. Is there anything you want to say before we take our leave?"

Drerek

First Post
Lobo Lurker said:
"He frowns a bit and says, "Call me The Gale Dancer, Charles" He smiles again.
Charles nods politely, "Well met, Gale Dancer. I wish it were under better circumstances."

Last edited:

Lobo Lurker

First Post
"Leaving so soon. Alas, I suppose it was meant to be." the Gale Dancer claps his hands together and a 1/4-size barrel of wine appears. "More wine for me then." He floats to the ground and tries to pick up the barrel but it slips out of his hands and rolls toward the stables.

"Ooops! Don't go anywhere, I'll be right back." he says as he trots after the mini-barrel. "Here we go. Now--- GAH!" The barrel slips from his hands and rolls all the way into the stables. "Really my new friends, I'll be right back. Don't. Go. Anywhere." he shouts and he disappears into the stables. You can hear him crashing around and making quite a scandle as he tries to retrieve the barrel.

Lord Jeremy whispers "I think this is our chance. I sincerely doubt that he is the clumsy lummox he's pretending to be.." The former Lord Marshal mounts himself on his white horse and pulls Princess Jessa up behind him. "Let's go. After you Master Anderson." she whispers.

Captain Alflan takes the Redcloaks and the younger princesses towards the other gate once you have cleared the palace grounds shouting, "We'll meet up with you in 3 or 4 weeks, just send word to the monestary!" as he gallops off with the girls and city guards.

Before you lies a ruined metropolis that once held over 20,000 souls. Two-story stone and timber mansions are scorched by magical fire and lightning while the streets are filled with holes, broken carts and dead bodies. Crows, rats and other carrion eaters fill the streets and flee at your approach. In the distance you can still hear shouts, cries and distinct ringing of swordsteel meeting swordsteel as some survivors mount desperate defenses.

Interestingly enough, you make it all the way to the city gates and across the river bridge without running into anyone. "Lets make for the treeline." says Princess Jessa. Once there you dismount and give the horses a rest. Before anyone can say anything however, there is a terrific CRACK! as main tower of the castle is ripped apart from the inside. Even from such a great distance you can see a massive ebon-skinned man ripping apart the stones.

Tears of grief stream down Jessa's face as she turns to Kiera and says "Father is dead."

Last edited:

Jemal

Adventurer
"Indeed, if he doesn't see which way we go, he can't report it, now can he?" Kiera grins as she starts her horse moving, hoping to get out of sight before he comes back.

ethandrew

First Post
After dismounting Anderson stretches his legs and approaches the Princesses. "I am sorry for your loss. Your father was a great king. It was an honor to finally meet him, and I promise that I will carry out his last request."

Last edited:

Remove ads