Lobo's Elven Space Invader's Game

Drerek

First Post
Charles picks out a dappled paint that appears to be rather calm, as Charles has little experience with horse riding. Once he is settled on the horse, he says, "I believe that the front gates are our best choice. Speed seems to be our priority. However, I can provide us with some help."

Charles closes his eyes for a few moments and calls out a name. Seconds later a flash of light announces the arrival of a unicorn, but one obviously blessed Pelor. It is already armored in chain shirt barding. "Welcome, Landiss. Things have gotten much worse since we last spoke. I will explain on the way." The unicorn, Landiss, nods in understanding.

Shayuri

First Post
Charles' trick elicits a reaction from Lily, who perks up at the summoning and examines Charles anew, as if just then seeing him.

"That wasn't a spell," she says with certainty. "How did you do that?"

There's a peculiar intensity to her question that makes it sound oddly personal.

Jemal

Adventurer
[sblock=OOC] Since you said I could be one of the princesses, and I have a light crossbow, I'm armed too, but we'll say it's in my bag of holding, meaning nobody noticed[/sblock]

Kiera was the last to leave her fathers bedside, and she leaned down to kiss the old man goodbye, for she knew this would be the last time she would see him. "Don't worry daddy, I'll take care of them all, and make sure Jessa doesn't do anything stupid, and we WILL take back the kingdom... when we can." She smiled at him as she stood back up and left.

When they're outside talking, the second-eldest daughter, Kiera, spoke up "I have been trying to open our borders more to the Goblins as of late, even learning their language and meeting a few of them. Gnash is well defended and if they would accept us, would be a good place to hide for now. They're kind of civilized and very capitalistic." As she spoke, she mounted up with her youngest sister, who was still sniffling a bit at being forced to leave her home.. Out of them all, Kiera had probably travelled the most.

Vertexx69

First Post
Quandrus, steps up to the king's bed holding out his holy symbol before him. "My leige, would you like me to pray with you before we spirit your family to safety? We do have a little time."

=====

In the courtyard, after strapping back on his armor and sword, Quandrus picks out a snowy white stallion with an honnery streak. He mounts up without any pomp or circumstance and wheels around to meet the others, whispering gently to the young steed for a moment. "The road would seem a much safer path for the horses, as if we lose any to the river we would be hard pressed to escape a larger force. And my friends are much more confident with ground beneath thier feat."

ethandrew

First Post
In response to one of Princess Kiera's statement, Anderson wheels his horse to face her, "My lady, if these goblins close their border to us, perhaps money can buy us passage."

He turns and slowly walks the horse next to Charles, who he shares a small smile toward. "It has been a long time, my friend. I must admit I was a little surprised when I saw you here."

Last edited:

Drerek

First Post
ethandrew said:
He turns and slowly walks the horse next to Charles, who he shares a small smile toward. "It has been a long time, my friend. I must admit I was a little surprised when I saw you here."
Charles smiles, "After so many have died, it's a relief to see a familiar face, although I wish it were under better circumstances.

Shayuri

First Post
A flustered flush actually brings color to Lily's cheeks as Charles and his friend greet each other, her question lost in the shuffle.

Moving a little jerkily, she quickly turns her mount and trots towards the end of the column. It didn't matter, she told herself fiercely. This would be a long trip. There would be other moments she could ask. Obviously the appearance of a friend outweighed a stranger's idle question. Presented with the same choice, she would have done the same. What she didn't understand was the emotion the experience evoked. Anger...a little irrational, but understandable in a purely selfish way. But why shame? Why embarrassment? Lily examined the feelings as a naturalist might study a new species of bug...turning them over with cold curiosity, but finding few answers.

In end the best she could conclude was that there was interference from other sources. She hated the horse, for example. She'd never ridden one before, and found the experience frustrating and awkward. Maybe she was ashamed at her weak performance, and embarrassed for that as well, and merely mistaking the origin of those reactions.

Yes. That made sense.

Still, her cheeks burned again when she looked up at Charles, and she couldn't say why.

(OOC - Hee...I think you just missed it, Charlie, but I shan't let that stop me from doing a big overblown post about it. ;))

Lobo Lurker

First Post
QUANDRUS: The king graciously accepts your offer and you pray together. He cries as he prays for the deliverance of his family.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------

As you speak about possible destinations, Princess Jessa walks over to the group and takes Lord-Marshal Jeremy's hand. She nods to her sister Kiera in greeting and says: "So where are we off to?"

"Does it really matter?" asks a new voice. As you looks around for the speaker, a large muscular bald man garbed in a blue vest and gray pantaloons fades into few in the air. His legs are crossed as he floats in the air above you, regarding your group with an expression of boredom. "My masters will find you either way; there is no escape." and noting the Red Cloaks drawing their swords he adds, "oh, not from me. I am merely the watcher, sent to watch for possible escapees."

-----
For those with Knowledge: Arcana or Knowledge: The Planes (spoiler)...
...this is a Djinn.

Last edited:

ethandrew

First Post
Any comment Anderson had toward Charles was choked short at the appearance of the large floating man. In complete shock, all Anderson can do is calm his mare and gaze up at the massive figure.

Remove ads