Loki Season 2 Discussion - Spoilers

pukunui

Legend
OK. I really liked that ending. It does leave me wondering how we can still have a multiversal Kang war if Loki's literally pulling the strings, but I feel like it was a satisfying conclusion to this Loki's character development journey.

Regarding the scene of Renslayer about to be obliterated by Alioth, the wind uncovers a partially buried seal with the "For all time always" slogan on it. I think this scene is meant to symbolize the death of the old TVA. There is the old TVA's most devoted champion, the general who fought alongside HWR, resting atop an obvious representation of everything she fought for ... and in mere moments she will cease to exist.

The preceding scene of young Victor Timely not getting a mysterious package through his window was interesting as well. He will not go on to create a temporal loom. Another nail in the coffin for team HWR, I guess?

And was that what HWR wanted? At first, I thought he just wanted Loki (or Sylvie) to take his place ... but now I'm not so sure.

As a standalone series, I think Loki did its job fairly well and was enjoyable. However, it was and still is difficult to see how it integrates into the wider MCU. I guess we will have to wait and see what part, if any, this new heroic Loki has to play as the rest of the Kang story unfolds.

Rabulias

the Incomparably Shrewd and Clever
OK. I really liked that ending. It does leave me wondering how we can still have a multiversal Kang war if Loki's literally pulling the strings, but I feel like it was a satisfying conclusion to this Loki's character development journey.
Loki is keeping all the timelines alive, but he is not controlling what happens. Sylvie reminded him of the importance of free will, and that was one of the reasons he made the choice that he did. There will be a multiversal war with the Kang variants, but this time there is a chance that it will turn out differently from He Who Remains's two options (one sacred timeline with HWR at the end or the annihilation of everything).

Hussar

Legend
My personal feeling is that HWR thought his solution was the only practical one and expected Loki to figure that out in time, but underestimated the one-time god of chaos finding a third way...
I very much got the sense that HWR felt that he was inevitable and that Loki would come to the same conclusion, yes. I almost think that the show would have been a lot more impactful if he was right. Then again, I love horrible endings.

Parmandur

Book-Friend
However, it was and still is difficult to see how it integrates into the wider MCU.
In retrospect, seems to be an elaborate explanation for why Kang-Con 2025 didn't happen "earloer" in the film series.

I really liked the last episode, it justified the slow build and provided a nice exit point for Tom Hiddleston tonnage Loko end as a God, a Kokg, and a redeemed Hero.

Thomas Shey

Legend
I very much got the sense that HWR felt that he was inevitable and that Loki would come to the same conclusion, yes. I almost think that the show would have been a lot more impactful if he was right. Then again, I love horrible endings.

Whereas I'd have rolled my eyes and considered the series a failure at that.

Sacrosanct

Legend
Finally saw it. Add me to the list of those who felt it was a tragic ending for Loki. I’m an introvert and if I were locked to a throne all alone for eternity, I’d go insane. I can’t imagine what it would be like for Loki, whose very essence is tied to getting reactions out of others.

Remove ads