Lone Wolf I: Shadows on the Dorn

Paido

First Post
"Oh, aye, let's go then," Jesabela says. "A bit unorthodox it may be, but there's not much difference between 'orthodox' and 'predictable', is there?"

Afterwards she unobtrusively leans over to Moon's Brand and murmurs: "I hope you know what you're doing".

Krug said:
Hoagar scans the room. "Perhaps we should get a room," says the dwarf.
"For the night, or as an alternative to the common room as a place for business? In either case, that might be a good idea." Jesabela looks at the others.

Andrew D. Gable

First Post
"A point you have there, little lady," Davias says to Jesabela's remark. "Yes, friend dwarf, perhaps we should seek another room in which to conduct business."

Hoagar returns in a moment with a key to an upstairs room. The group enters their room.

Moon's Brand:
When the group descends the stairs momentarily, you have a sudden feeling as if a cold knife has been stabbed into your mind (lose 8 EP). I'm not 100% sure if I'm handling this right - if I understand correctly, if you don't have Mindshield, a Kai is vulnerable to psychic attack?

Relenoir

First Post
"Me too," she quietly answers Jesabela. "Excellent idea about the room, we could certainly use a bed for a change." Moon's Brand goes along with the rest of them to the room, still vigilant against danger.
Edit:
Moon's Brand: When the group descends the stairs momentarily, you have a sudden feeling as if a cold knife has been stabbed into your mind (lose 8 EP). I'm not 100% sure if I'm handling this right - if I understand correctly, if you don't have Mindshield, a Kai is vulnerable to psychic attack?
Ack! I just realized there was a hidden message here for me months later when I came here to look something up! I thought you were prompting me to post, and never realized that I was supposed to have felt a Mindforce attack and have lost the EP!!!

Last edited:

Paido

First Post
After closing the room door behind her, Jesabela turns to Davias. "Well, sir, take a seat and let's get to business then." She throws her companions another short look to make sure there are no objections, then she continues. Or are there objections? "We were sent to deliver a piece of cargo to you, as well as ask for further instructions." She starts to rummage for the scroll, all the while surreptitiously watching Davias' reactions ...

Andrew D. Gable

First Post
Davias silently takes a seat, and takes the scroll from Jesabela when she takes it from her pack. He tucks it inside his vest, thanking the group. He stands and walks over to the door, listening at it and watching the light under it. Satisfied, he returns and is seated again.

"Since you've come all this way," he says, "I suppose it's time that you were told what this is. As you may have guessed, I am not a cloth merchant, though I am Durenese. Lord Davias of Blave, servant to King Alin of Durenor." He pats the pocket in which the scroll rests. "This is a treaty, an agreement between King Ulnar and King Alin to join their forces with those of Ragadorn to clear out the Wildlands once and for all."

At that moment, the silence is broken by a commotion from downstairs.

Krug

Newshound
Hoagar jumps into action, readying his rifle. He opens the door and peeks through it. "What is going on down there?" says Hoagar.

Krug

Newshound
I hang around here too much. ;) But I'm a big fan of the Lone Wolf setting, having played those books until they were dog-earred. ;) You're doing a good job Andrew keep it up! I'm running a PBP game myself and I know it's not easy!

Last edited:

Remove ads