• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Lone Wolf II: The Lakuri Gambit (MS 5022)

Krug

Newshound
Hoagar grunts, wondering if they're walking into a trap. "This better be right, else I'm coming back for yer head Skimmer."

Relenoir

First Post
"Well, I guess it's in we go," Moon's Brand says, then with a look back at Skimmer, she adds, "and you can make that a 'we', Hoagar."
Moon's Brand will attune her Sixth Sense Discipline levels 3 & 4 alternately into the unknown ahead of them.

Andrew D. Gable

First Post
"No tricks. Not all of us pirates are lying thieves, after all. Just most," Skimmer says as the group assembles in a small room lined with wooden crates. "In fact, as a gesture of trustworthiness, I'll travel with you. This passage isn't too long." True to his word, within only a few moments you stand in front of another stone wall. Skimmer pushes on it slightly, and it grinds open just enough that he can poke his head through momentarily. "All's clear, it seems," he whispers hoarsely. "I'm not certain which cell the cap'n's in, so let's get searching."

Moon's Brand's Sixth Sense is alerting her to potential danger beyond the door -- nothing definite, the feeling comes and goes.

Paido

First Post
Andrew D. Gable said:
"No tricks. Not all of us pirates are lying thieves, after all. Just most," Skimmer says as the group assembles in a small room lined with wooden crates.
An innocent expression on her face, Jesabela casually starts to inspect the crates.

"All's clear, it seems," he whispers hoarsely. "I'm not certain which cell the cap'n's in, so let's get searching."
"Allow me to get a look of my own before we all barge in there," Jesabela murmurs and squeezes past Skimmer.

Jesabela will peer through the opening first, to get a feel for the layout of the area. Afterwards, if she deems it necessary, she'll stealthily scout out the premises after telling the others to wait in the passage.

Relenoir

First Post
"Hold, Jesabela," Moon's Brand says quietly, putting a hand on her shoulder. "I sense danger beyond this door, which seems to fade in and out. My guess is that there is a guard or guardian of some sort, moving in and out of my range of sensing. If you choose to go alone, I recommend you be extremely careful and alert. Conceal yourself as best as you can as well, although that may not matter once you near this threat," she finishes, and with light squeeze to the other's shoulder, she releases Jesabela with a nod.
Andrew: Any indication as to what these crates may or did contain?

Andrew D. Gable

First Post
Labels on the crates betray that they contain dried Adgana leaves from the hills of northern Dessi. Apparently part of some smuggling operation of the Lakuri...

Jesabela pokes her head into the hallway and catches a glimpse of the receding back of a guardsman wearing the livery of Ragadorn. Apparently, this is the danger Moon's Brand sensed. He is receding into the darkness at the end of the hallway the door opens onto.

Paido

First Post
Relenoir said:
"Hold, Jesabela," Moon's Brand says quietly, putting a hand on her shoulder. "I sense danger beyond this door [...] Conceal yourself as best as you can as well, although that may not matter once you near this threat," she finishes, and with light squeeze to the other's shoulder, she releases Jesabela with a nod.
"Don't worry, I'll be careful," Jesabela whispers back. "After all, this is not supposed to become an exchange of prisoners!"

Jesabela pokes her head into the hallway and catches a glimpse of the receding back of a guardsman wearing the livery of Ragadorn. Apparently, this is the danger Moon's Brand sensed. He is receding into the darkness at the end of the hallway the door opens onto.
Remembering the Adgana leaves from the crates, a thought occurs to Jesabela, and she turns back to the others. "Not sure whether we could make some creative use of the Adgana leaves for that, but does anybody have herbs of a rather, uh, intoxicating persuasion? The guard might enjoy a break full of pleasant dreams ... Skimmer? How about you? Don't tell me you got clean by now! Or Hoagar? Some strong dwarven pipeweed maybe? Moon's Brand, do you have something medical of that nature? I'm open for suggestions."

After a moment she adds: "Of course we could still go back and scare up something in Ragadorn. Shouldn't be too difficult. Well?"

Krug

Newshound
Hoagar, grumbling, searches through his backpack and not very happily hands over some pipeweed to Jesabela. "Pah what do you intend to do with it? It's good stuff!" he grumbles.

Relenoir

First Post
"Good idea," Moon's Brand says. "Now all you have to do is get it into his system. I first thought of starting a small fire, but he'd probably just call for help instead of inhaling it while putting it out." She then thinks about her own inventory, specifically the healer's kit in her backpack.
Andrew: Any chance I have some form of sedative like ether, which would knock out a person while they were being treated in the healer's kit?

Andrew D. Gable

First Post
Skimmer rather conspicuously doesn't answer Jesabela's query. As the dwarf hands over a packet of pipeweed, the pirate laughs. "Have any Bor-brew in there? That would incapacitate him surely enough. Why, I've seen Ogrons laid low by good dwarven ale." Searching through her back, Moon's Brand produces a small vial of greenish liquid, a derivative of Gallowbrush.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads