Lone Wolf II: The Lakuri Gambit (MS 5022)

Andrew D. Gable

First Post
The two -- three, really -- Lakuri pirates and the rest of the party make their way into the passageway once more. Skimmer pokes his head into the hall for a final lookaround, and then cautiously recloses the secret door.

"Well," Captain Kazan says as you descend the passageway towards the concealed exit onto the beach, "I haven't travelled the Rift for a while. I'm up for it, of course, never fear. You know what they say about the Lakuri fleet." You exit the passage and Kazan peers out over the water. "Well, I suppose we'd best be assembling the rest of the crew. We'll have to be careful to avoid the city guard -- they won't be none too happy to learn I've escaped. Then we can be leaving as soon as possible."

Just for the record, the issues were a new girlfriend and hashing out the details for getting a work of mine published. Not big issues, and I really shouldn't have let them hold up the game.

Relenoir

First Post
"Here," Moon's Brand says, handing Captain Kazan her cloak. "This'll help keep you covered up and less conspicuous on our way to the ship. I'll need it back later, of course." I'll probably regret this. she thinks to herself as they walk. "Now, what can we do about rounding up your mates?"

No big deal, just glad to have you back. The game wasn't the same without you! ;)

Last edited:

Andrew D. Gable

First Post
"My thanks, Lady," Kazan says, taking the cloak and wrapping it about himself, careful to hide his face with the cowl. His eyes, though, betray that he is clearly uncomfortable having to refer to this young strap of a girl as 'Lady'. "As for rounding up those dogs, 'tis a simple task. All we need do is get back to the tavern, and make my presence known. And my orders."

As if on cue, the tavern appears amongst the buildings on the far side of a bustling street. You cross, Kazan apprehensively eyeing a pair of Silent Brotherhood guards a short distance down the street. Once inside, the captain walks over towards the table where the pirates sit and thuds his fists on the table. They look sharply towards him, but he silences them with his finger. "The bounty," he says. "These folk want to go to Ryme." The men look dejected. "Come now, I know the Scarlet Lady can make the Rift-run. How many times have we done it before? Now, then, gather up your cronies from whatever holes they might be in and prepare the ship. We sail at nightfall."

Still cloaked, he approaches the rest of the party. "Now, then that was a simple task. I usually don't sail at night, particularly not on this route, but I think it's best to in order to try to avoid any pursuit by Torrost's ships. And it'll likely be at least somewhat light by the time we make the Rift. If not, I know a few places we can hide for a few hours."

Canonically, I'm not sure if the Silent Brotherhood were around before the ascension of Lachlan. Oh well. I say they were around now.

Relenoir

First Post
Krug said:
"Yes, lets lie low until we're able to make the journey," says Hoagar.
"Aye, I'm inclined to agree with that," Moon's Brand concurs, her senses alert for danger. "Still, I wonder if there'd not be any way of leaving even sooner perhaps. Obviously, the guard will only be out for awhile, and when he starts banging around someone'll probably show up to shut him up. The most time we could possibly have is until shift change. Once they realize you're gone, Captain, your ship is going to be the first place they'll come looking for you. Am I right?" she asks. "I don't know if there's any way you'll be able to board the ship once they start looking for you, or if we'll be able to get the ship out of port. Perhaps we should get you out of town now, and we could meet the ship a short trip along the coast to the east. It would be easy for someone to row ashore at a predetermined place, collect us, then board the ship. What do you think?"

Paido

First Post
"Good thinking, little one. You'd make a good pirate yet!" Jesabela comments, a mischievous sparkle in her eyes. "What do you think, capt'n?"

Andrew: Heh, those two issues sound quite big to me! :D Not bad, mind you, but big enough to delay the game for if need be! So you're going to publish something? Wow! Details? ;)

Andrew D. Gable

First Post
"Aye," Kazan says. "Good thinking, girl. So here's what we'll do. There's a little place along the coast east of here called Tarregan's Landing. We can wait there and have Skimmer bring the ship 'round. If any of you need anything, go get it, and we'll start off for there when you return."

Kazan goes to speak with Skimmer for a moment, and after he rejoins the group, they set out for Tarregan's Landing. They find that it's a tiny little settlement scarcely outside of Ragadorn's walls, but burned out and destroyed years before in a Szall raid. The Scarlet Lady appears on the horizon, her sails even more brilliant in the setting sun, and drops anchor outside the town. After a moment a small coracle appears, with Skimmer at the oars.

Within a moment, you stand on the decks of the Lakuri ship. "Welcome to the Scarlet Lady," Captain Kazan says with a little mock bow. "We'll have to keep an eye out for pursuers from Ragadorn."

Relenoir

First Post
Paido said:
"Good thinking, little one. You'd make a good pirate yet!" Jesabela comments, a mischievous sparkle in her eyes. "What do you think, capt'n?"
Moon's Brand forces a smile for Jesabela. Me, a pirate? That'll be the day! she thinks to herself. Probably meant it as a compliment, though. I guess I should take it as one. Her smile becomes more genuine, and the Captain shares his plan. "I'm ready to go, I've already had enough of this city to last me a lifetime. Probably take a month to get the smell of it off me!" she replies, eager to be away from Ragadorn. "I'm sure Durenor will be far more appealing."
When they arrive on the ship, Moon's Brand takes a short walk around to familiarize herself. "I'll help keep an eye out," she says, confident that her abilities can be useful in this situation. "Where would it be best that I go, Captain?" she inquires, hoping he doesn't suggest the crow's nest. Never been on a ship before she thinks to herself. I don't know if I can handle all this swaying and rocking, especially not up there! "Maybe someplace on the. . ." she struggles to remember the word, ". . . stern of the ship?" she finishes.

Remove ads