• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Lone Wolf II: The Lakuri Gambit (MS 5022)

Relenoir

First Post
"I doubt we'll have much time. Why don't you pour some of this on a cloth and cover his face with it. It's gallowbrush concentrate, and should knock him out pretty soundly," Moon's Brand says, offering it to Jesabela.

Paido

First Post
"Aye, sounds good to me," Jesabela answers softly and takes the vial from Moon's Brand's hands. "Thanks for the pipeweed, Master Dwarf, but it looks like we won't need it anymore. Here you are." Handing back the pipeweed, she takes out a piece of cloth, then returns to the opening into the hallway.

She'll make sure that there really is only one guard out there before making her move.

As soon as the guard's back is turned and he starts moving away, Jesabela slips into the hallway like a cat. Adjusting her steps to his, she sneaks up to him, the soaked cloth ready for attack ...

Relenoir

First Post
As she watches Jesabela creep toward the guard, Moon's Brand makes a mental note to keep her eyes peeled during their journey for the ingredients to refill her supply of Gallowbrush extract.
Andrew: Don't know if the Gallowbrush liquid is just made from the plant or if other ingredients are required, but I'll be looking to replenish the supply when I come across some.

Andrew D. Gable

First Post
Jesabela slips through the halls and sneaks up on the lone guardsman. He turns, having heard her, but too late to avoid the Gallowbrush-soaked rag even now closing around his mouth and nostrils. He gasps a few times, and falls senseless to the ground. Once the guard falls, Skimmer moves out along the hallway, peering in the cells.

The Gallowbrush you used was just the sap of the Gallowbrush plant. But if you find a potion of it before the plant, that'll work just as well.

Relenoir

First Post
"Lead the way, Skimmer. You know your captain's face better than we do," Moon's Brand says softly as she follows him into the hall, who remains alert and probing with her Sixth Sense. "Let's get him out of sight, in case we have to make a quick run for it from here. Is there an empty cell we can put him in? Get his keys, too, if he has any." she says to her companions after ensuring she gets her her vial back. She inspects it as she puts it back into her healer's kit to see if there is any left for another time, just in case.Is there?

Andrew D. Gable

First Post
Hoagar and Moon's Brand drag the unconscious guard into one of the cells, pausing only to snatch the keys as Jesabela and Skimmer move out through the corridor. "Captain Kazan!" you hear Skimmer hiss and a moment later comes a weak, mumbled reply. The pirate stops in front of a darkened cell. "Here he is," he says. He holds his hand out for the keys.

As you work to free the captain from his manacles, the two pirates converse. "These folk want to travel to Ryme," Skimmer says.

"Ryme, eh?" asks Captain Kazan, rubbing his wrists. "A dangerous trip, to be sure. I suggest that we get out of these dungeons before we do any more discussing, however."

There's enough Gallowbrush left for one more application (of about as much potion as you used already).

Paido

First Post
"Hey, I wasn't that noisy!" Jesabela huffs at Hoagar's comment. "I resent that! It's not my fault that he had the ears of a fox!" Disdainfully she turns away, heading back for the secret passage. Noisy! Me!! And that from a dwarf!!!

Relenoir

First Post
He holds his hand out for the keys.
Moon's Brand momentarily weighs the situation in her head. We need to reach Durenor, at all costs. If we free the captain, likely he'll take us for free, and seeing as we don't exactly have much money this would be helpful. In this lawless land, who knows what the charges are, and death seems a high price to pay. It's not as if we're freeing him from a Sommlending prison. . . After a moment's delay, Moon's Brand tosses the keys to a waiting Skimmer.
Moon's Brand then stations herself near the stairs to keep her eyes, ears, and senses alert for approaching guards, waiting until the last of her motley party to enter the secret passageway.

Remove ads