D&D 5E Looking 4 a 5e fighter/cleric build

Vulf

First Post
I like Ranger/Cleric better:
Better spell progression, extra spells not normally on your list like Hunter's Mark and Goodberry.
You can start as a Ranger and still have access to Heavy army proficiency.
Nature Domain for Shillelagh and an extra skill, or Life domain for 40 hp from each cast of Goodberry.

If you are insistent on going Fighter, then do Eldritch Knight.
Standard human, put your points into Strength and Wisdom, leave Intelligence at 10.
15,11,13,9,15,8 = 16,12,14,10,16,9

• Start as Fighter for Constitution saving throws. Cutoff points are 3, 6, 9, or 12 (The higher you go fighter, the fewer spell slots you will have)
  • Defense Fighting style is decent. Will help you maintain concentration
  • Pick up spells that don't really require a high Intellect, like Shield, Feather Fall, Expeditious Retreat, or some you can use with the Cleric's ritual Caster feature like Identify.
  • For Cantrips, you could pick up Booming Blade or Green Flame Blade. But you will mainly want to use the attack action. So feel free to pick up utility like Mage Hand.

Cleric Domain: War
  • Cantrips: Choose whichever you like, but Light and Guidance will be extremely useful.
  • War has the best Domain Spells to help you out in melee
  • Bonus action for extra attack a number of times per day equal to Wis mod. Great with a Maul.
  • Channel Divinity Guided Strike works wonders with Great Weapon Master feat.

Still, you gotta ask yourself, why not just go Paladin?

Last edited:

Yunru

Banned
Banned
Clerical Archer is where it's at.

(War) Cleric 1 (2)/Eldritch Knight X.

Run Bless, take archery. You're a bit more swingy on hitting than the average character, but you also have a slightly higher average to compensate. Oh and +10 damage on all your atacks. And War Cleric's +10 to accuracy... I'm going to say Wis mod per day?

You can also do a little fall-back healing if you must.

WarpedAcorn

First Post
Plz post your build ideas plz

What are you trying to accomplish with your build? Do you want to have a heavily armored melee warrior with some backup healing? Do you want to be a support spellcaster who can defend himself when things get in his face? There are a lot of ways the build can go, but as someone who is playing a Fighter/Cleric, I wouldn't recommend the combo unless you are looking for a very specific niche that may not be super optimized.

For a melee build, EK 11/Cleric 9. Three attacks, five ASIs, 5th-level cleric spells and 12th-level caster slots, shield, mirror image, spiritual weapon, spirit guardians. Eldritch Strike becomes good, because as a cleric you actually have some good save-or-suck spells.

Blue

Ravenous Bugblatter Beast of Traal
I agree with [MENTION=6819400]WarpedAcorn[/MENTION]. What's your goal or what feel do you want?

Looking for a blaster cleric with action surge to nova? Self-reliant and self-buffing melee warrior? Sneaky trickster ranged build? Single-classed paladin?

To put it another way: Tell us functional requirements instead of technical requirements.

Remove ads