• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Looking for info on Starmantle

Jakar

First Post
Hi there.

I am wondering if anyone has any ideas where I can find some more info on the city of Starmantle on the Dragon Coast in the FR. I have read the FRCS, but there is not to much there.

Any help would be good.

Cheers

Last edited:

Arnwyn

First Post
kuje31 said:
The Ruins of Zhentil Keep box set from 2e has a adventure set in Starmantle. :)
No, it doesn't. You're thinking of the village found in the Border Forest in the Moonsea region called Snowmantle, while closely named, is not Starmantle.

Jakar - there is no published information on Starmantle other than what's found in the 3e FRCS.

diaglo

Adventurer
THe FRIAtlas has comments(like a bibliography) on many areas it has covered.

i don't have it at work with me... but you may check by zooming into see if Starmantle has some background material.

PaulKemp

First Post
The FR novels, "Twilight Falling," and "Dawn of Night," have scenes set in Starmantle, which might help you get a feel for the place.

Full disclosure: I am the author of both those books.

Paul

diaglo

Adventurer
PaulKemp said:
The FR novels, "Twilight Falling," and "Dawn of Night," have scenes set in Starmantle, which might help you get a feel for the place.

Full disclosure: I am the author of both those books.

Paul

Dawn of Night was a June 2004 release.

Twilight Falling was released July 2003.

kuje31

First Post
arnwyn said:
No, it doesn't. You're thinking of the village found in the Border Forest in the Moonsea region called Snowmantle, while closely named, is not Starmantle.

Jakar - there is no published information on Starmantle other than what's found in the 3e FRCS.

You'r right, my goof.... Misplaced the two names, sorry!

maransreth

Explorer
Unfortunately Starmantle is one of those settlements that hasn't been detailed. Your closest supplement would have been the Vilhon Reach by Jim Butler, but unfortunately it stops at Guthmere Forest.

There is no info in the old Grey Box or the revised Campaign Setting either. So the books by Paul Kemp (great books by the way Paul if you are still reading this thread) are basically your only source of info on Starmantle unless someone on the web has detailed it themselves.

Remove ads