• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Looking to join or start a game of/with...

Arkhandus

First Post
Well, I guess I can allow gestalt then, since there's so much demand for it. I'll start up a recruiting thread when I have a more concrete campaign idea ready. But I do hope somebody else will run something mechanically interesting soon, too.

Roleplay is all well and good, but you can only play so many core-rules Fighters, Wizards, Clerics, and Rogues over the years before the gameplay gets boring without anything new on occasion. I've had awesome fun RPing ogre magi, gnomes, dwarves, kappa, halflings, and other characters, but I've had little mechanically-interesting or fun-gameplay experiences with 3e thus far, because I've been restricted to the same few core options with other 3e DMs (which results in most of my 3e characters playing exactly like my least-interesting 2e characters).

Of the few times I haven't been so restricted, the DMs just flaked out early on. My halfling rogue/swordsage here is the only slightly mechanically-interesting character I have, and his personality doesn't lend itself to a lot of roleplay, so he's only half-interesting; his tactics are repetitive too because of the multiclass; he just gets 2 rounds of maneuver-based sneak attacks before it becomes a struggle to remain a useful teammate.

I enjoy the RP, and I do plenty of RP both as a DM and as a player, but it's not the only thing I play D&D for; I did nothing but RP when I was on the Beyond Dominia Roleplaying Mill, and that was great, but it wasn't the same as D&D. Anyone who's played with me on OpenRPG can attest that I do a lot of RP on either side of the DM's screen.

Re: CoC: I don't have the material for it and am only marginally familiar. Not that I wouldn't enjoy it sometime if I did have the stuff. But I only use what I own, aside from the d20 SRDs, since they're free OGC.

Last edited:

Arkhandus

First Post
Just lettin' ya know I haven't forgotten this. I am still working on the campaign idea, I've just been too busy in the past two months to do much brainstorming or prepwork for it yet. I may have an actual update or recruiting thread this month.

Vertexx69

First Post
Well throw out a couple of solid parameters like; level / point buy / dungeon crawl vs wilderness setting, things like that to give players something to wrap their brains around. I saw that you noticed the mid lvl campaign idea that exploded today. There is a lot of interest in playing higher than the standard lvl 1-6 games. Since Leif can't handle more than 5 players I'm sure you could find a whole crew easy enough :)

Jemal

Adventurer
Aye, I'm allready running 3 campaigns (One of which is on the cusp of becoming epic), so I'm not up for starting any more at the moment, but ENWorld has always had a fair share of people wanting to PLAY Higher level. the only problem ever is finding DM's.

Arkhandus

First Post
D20/3.X D&D, and M&M 2E, PbPs forthcoming

Well, despite months of delay and distraction, I've finally gotten my campaign ready. Took a while just to go through the various materials I'm intending to use for the campaign, and I'm still hammering out a few details on integration of the materials, but my mixed-materials Gestalt d20/3.X D&D campaign is finally about to enter the recruitment phase.

I'm finishing a few details on integrating the different rulebooks and setting materials, but will post the Recruiting thread for Oerth: Rain of Stars sometime this coming week (I doubt I'll get to it before Tuesday, though, since I'm kinda busy with OpenRPG campaigns on Saturday-through-Monday each week).

The allowed materials for Oerth: Rain of Stars are pretty much the following, as will be posted in the Recruiting thread when I get it up:

The material in the Hypertext SRD, excluding some (not all) of the Unearthed Arcana content reproduced in the Variant Rules section of the SRD. Living Greyhawk Gazeteer, Player's Handbook II, Tome of Battle: The Book of Nine Swords, Savage Species, Arms & Equipment Guide, Stronghold Builder's Guidebook, Sword & Fist, Tome & Blood, Defenders of the Faith, Song & Silence, Masters of the Wild, Manual of the Planes, Deities & Demigods, Epic Level Handbook, Oriental Adventures, Monster Manual II, and Monsters of Faerun (for races like alaghi, genasi, wemics, and such). I will handle any necessary 3.0 to 3.5 conversions.

Various issues of Dragon Magazine for 3.0 and 3.5 D&D. AEG's Rokugan supplement for Oriental Adventures (not other Rokugan material, as I don't have any others). Green Ronin's Advanced Player's Manual (for classes, feats, spells, psychic's appendix, and possibly the mass-combat rules later). Malhavoc Press' Arcana Unearthed, Arcana Evolved, Book of Iron Might, the Trasncendence supplement for AE, and the Legacy of the Dragons supplement for AU/AE. EN Publishing's Secrets of Theurgy (unfortunately, the prestige class prohibitions of this gestalt campaign render Secrets of Theurgy fairly useless to the PCs, but there may be non-gestalt NPCs that use theurgic prestige classes). Natural 20 Press' Wild Spellcraft. Lion's Den Press' Classes of Legend: The Priest of the Celestial Spheres.

Dreamscarred Press' Untapped Potential, Third Dawn, The Mind Divine, High Psionics: Psionic Feats, High Psionics: Sequestral Feats, The Mind Unveiled: Dreamscapes, The Mind Unveiled: Enlightened Monk, The Mind Unveiled: Feats, The Mind Unveiled: Halo Knight, The Mind Unveiled: Psionic Items, The Mind Unveiled: Mind Blade Feats, The Mind Unveiled: Morphean, The Mind Unveiled: Prestige Classes, Untapped Classes: The Complete Marksman, and Untapped Classes: The Complete Society Mind. And some of the 3.0/3.5 D&D material remaining on the Wizards of the Coast website (which includes a few classes that are there from old previews, like the Marshal).

Sidenote: I'm still interested in finding a game to play in using some of the materials in the first post of this thread. :D

Sidenote #2: Also, I may as well include a notice that I'll soon be opening recruitment for a Mutants & Masterminds 2E play-by-post called The Bay City Sentinels. However, that game will be run on the forums at Crazy Monkey's Asylum, a much smaller PbP/forum site that runs faster than laggy EN World of late. I'll be posting some details there in the new Bay City Sentinels forum this weekend, and opening recruitment sometime next week or thereabouts.

hero4hire

Explorer
Sidenote #2: Also, I may as well include a notice that I'll soon be opening recruitment for a Mutants & Masterminds 2E play-by-post called The Bay City Sentinels. However, that game will be run on the forums at Crazy Monkey's Asylum, a much smaller PbP/forum site that runs faster than laggy EN World of late. I'll be posting some details there in the new Bay City Sentinels forum this weekend, and opening recruitment sometime next week or thereabouts.

I just joined up over there and eagerly anticipate the details. B-)

Remove ads