• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Looking to join or start a game of/with...

crazy_monkey1956

First Post
Monkey has actually been contemplating a Gestalt campaign for a while. As mentioned above, however, its the implementation that has bogged down the planning a bit.

Arkhandus

First Post
I'm still interested, but just so you know I know next to nothing about Oerth.
Well, the good thing about Oerth/Greyhawk is, that's just fine. ^_^
And there's lots of Greyhawk lore out there on the 'net. I can easily give a short rundown in the recruiting post if I go ahead with that kernel of a campaign concept.

lvl 1 fighter: I, on the other hand, don't care much at all for E6 and would much rather play Shadowrun as my gritty "Oh frag it's a DRAGON we're all gonna DIE!!!!!!" or "Oh frag it's a GHOUL!!!!! My street sam is gonna puke, before the last shred of life and humanity is sucked outta his cyborg hoop!" game of choice.

I am, however, willing to use some UA material from the Hypertext SRD, though not gestalt for now.

Jemal

Adventurer
I'd definitely be up for some expanded 3.5 gaming. Gestalt would be awesome too, as I haven't played that in forever.

Mark Chance

Boingy! Boingy!
I can easily give a short rundown in the recruiting post if I go ahead with that kernel of a campaign concept.

I am, however, willing to use some UA material from the Hypertext SRD, though not gestalt for now.

Greyhawk with UA sounds interesting to me, especially since it seems as if the GammaWorld game I'm in has crapped out.

:D

lvl 1 fighter

First Post
Aside from gestalt, the generic classes are what I've most wanted to play from UA. Unfortunately I haven't had the opportunity to try either.

Has anyone played with the generic classes? What were you're experiences?

pneumatik

The 8th Evil Sage
I would totally be up for a multiple-sources-OK game set in Oerth. Especially if there's some gestalt action 'cause I've never tried it.

Edit: I misinterpreted the thread so far, so I think I'm expressing interest in a game that no one's planning on running. Still, I'm interested in the ideas the thread's been tossing around if anyone's actually up for starting something new.

Last edited:

Well, I'm up for basically anything I can do without actually buying new books. I've got some WoD, and most of the 3.5 stuff, and I'm willing to spend time online with anyone who can help me make a character without the books.

As far as the optional 3.5 stuff, I'm pretty much up for whatever as long as it doesn't come with the 'low roleplaying' tag that the recent games have been using...

Vertexx69

First Post
I think the trick to gestalt 3.5 is setting caps for numbers of classes (2-3 base classes and maybe only 1 PrC), along with a really powerful story. With so many choices, people try to play everything at once instead of just focusing on a single aspect of a party. This seems to hurt other players feelings, or infringe on many concepts and drive people away?

I've built G-toons for a couple of games, but as soon as the characters are built everyone seems to lose interest. Also finding players (and DMs) that can commit to any kind of minimum posting schedule has been hard for the last 6 months or so, as its very important to keep a game fresh in everyones mind. They have to be anxious to see what happens next and almost worried not to check in for fear of missing something vital.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads