D&D 5E Lost Mine of Phandelver

Xeterog

Explorer
Treygar looks at the slick wall and quickly decides against trying to climb it. Tapping Selari on the shoulder and pointing at the goblin, then holds a finder to his lips while pointing up the river and under the bridge.

[sblock=stealth]
Stealth (1d20+2=16)
[/sblock]

KirayaTiDrekan

Adventurer
OOC: @Queenie, @industrygothica, and @Lord Sessadore, are you still with us? I suspect Sessadore isn't as he hasn't been posting in the other game of mine that he's playing in. I'll be writing Brother Dave's character out with this post. I'll write out Sessadore's character next week unless he doesn't get a post in.

While Aenwyr, Selari, and Prophet hang back a bit, the others manage to sneak under the bridge, unnoticed by the dosing sentry.

Laucian whispers to Selari, "I'm going to go back out and make sure the supplies are secure. Don't wait for me."

Mina, Treygar, Garuk, and Amron round the sharp corner and find the path suddenly ascending on a sharp incline.

This cavern is half filled with two large pools of water. A narrow waterfall high in the eastern wall feeds the pool, which drains out the western end of the chamber to form the stream that flows out of the cave below. Low fieldstone walls serve as dams holding the water in. A wide exit stands to the south, while two smaller passages lead west. The sound of the waterfall echoes through the cavern, making it difficult to hear.

There are three goblins posted here but they haven't noticed the group yet, partially due to the noise of the waterfall. It appears that the dams holding back the water are designed to collapse by knocking away the supports. It seems likely the goblins here are tasked with doing just that to deal with intruders by flooding them out.

OOC: Here is the map again, for reference.

p876752722-3.jpg

The PCs are still on the narrow stairs leading up to the pool chamber. One goblin is at the dam of the first pool, only about ten feet away and around the corner, another goblin is at the dam of the second pool, and the third is near the entrance to the bridge on the west side of the room, lounging against the wall, apparently waiting for a signal from the sentry on the bridge.

industrygothica

Adventurer
Prophet is well aware that stealth is not his strong point, and so he lets the others pass first to get a ways ahead before he approaches the bridge.

OOC: Stealth: 1d20+1=8 The roll should actually be 1d20 minus 1, not plus 1.. makes it 6 instead of 8.

Phoenix8008

First Post
Garuk silently taps on the shoulder of those in front of him and motions for them to let him by, pointing ahead and miming the goblins falling asleep. When they let him pass to the front of the line, he focuses for a moment, mutters quietly "Slumber of the dead...", and focuses his magical power through the focus of his staff to target a point between the three goblins while gesturing with his free hand to complete the arcane spell, hoping to knock all of them out... after he finishes, he gets out of the way as best he can so others can pass by deal with any still conscious.

[sblock=Details]Casting Sleep. No saving throw for the goblins. Should be able to target all 3 goblins in this room, but unlikely to reach the one on the bridge. (Affects creatures within 20 feet of a chosen point, closest first. Affecting one nearest bridge first, then one by nearest dam, then one by second dam, then one on bridge last- IF he's close enough and there are enough HP's left to affect him.) Roll to see how many HP's affected= 5d8=20 So goblins fall asleep in order listed above (this may leave the one by the far dam still awake and needing dealt with. Any that are asleep can be attacked with advantage and any hits are automatically critical hits for double damage.

AC: 14 (14 from Scale Mail armor)
HP: 8 (1d6+2 Con)
Hit Dice: 1d6 x 1
Saves: Str +2, Dex +0, Con +2, Int +4, Wis +4, Cha -1

[sblock=Spellcasting:]Primary Ability: INT, Spell Save DC: 12, Spell Attack Bonus: +4

Spell Slots:
Level 1= 2/3

Cantrips:
0-Chill Touch
0-Poison Spray
0-Ray of Frost

Spells Prepared: (Wiz level 1 + INT mod +2 = 3 per day)
-Magic Missile
-Ray of Sickness
-Sleep

Spells Known:
1-Comprehend Languages (ritual)
1-Detect Magic (ritual)
1-Identify (ritual)
1-Magic Missile
1-Ray of Sickness
1-Sleep[/sblock][/sblock]

Lord Sessadore

Explorer
Aenwyr sneaks into the room after Garuk's spell is cast, watching the goblins fall asleep and slump to the floor. The elf then brandishes his own focus, the living amulet around his neck, evoking a flash of thorny vines toward one of the still-conscious little humanoids.
[sblock=OOC] Stealth (1d20+2=22), moving into the room to get a clear shot at one of the goblins still awake. If the one by the far dam is still up, he's my preference. If possible I'll stand where the 10 ft pull from thorn whip would get the goblin away from the dam, but I'm not sure that's possible.

Thorn whip vs goblin (1d20+5=16, 1d6=4). If hit, the target goblin is pulled 10 ft towards Aenwyr.[/sblock]

Queenie

Queen of Everything
OOC: Apologies, I meant for Selari to scout ahead with Treygar and somehow didn't get the notification for your update. I just thought it was taking you a while to get to it. I am definitely still here!

Selari lets the others move forward to cast their spells but while they do, she has her short bow at the ready, trained up to shoot at any goblins who do not fall under the spells effects.

Remove ads