• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Lost Mithril (B4cchus judging)

LogicsFate

First Post
Elise sighs. Looking up to the skies, she thinks of days past.

So, there I was, I stepped into the RDI for the first time. There were many people waiting for jobs. I gave my introduction and waited for a reply and it came from a girl, her name was Lasair. She will be my compainion throughout the rest of this story. I met a few others, but most of them left for some gladatorial thing. It was mentioned that I wasn't welcome. Elise says flatly. While slowly the rest of our soon-to-be partners filed in, we didn't know it, but we were bound for a job like no other.

I'll have to reinterate Lasair for a moment or parts of the story might not make sense. She is from... far away. Very far away, A desert land where many things are different than they are here. Their magic is a form I've never seen before, and their system of honor is stricter than the most hardy Paladin. For instance when we fast became friends, she gave me enough gold to allow me to gather summoning material. When I finally gave them back it took effort as her code refused the return of such things, but I worked around it and now have Ligaea.
Elise points up to the tree limb with the tropical bird, so out of place here. I'm getting off track, I summoned Ligaea and Lasair and Sunny, I'll tell you about that bafoon later, helped me name her, she showed me her... She said sister, like soul sister, it seemed more at the time like a familiar, but it was... A sentient crystal shard! Incredible.

*Yawn* I digress, It's late and I'll tell you about the rest of the group and the bandit attack tomorrow.

Last edited:

KriticalFailure

First Post
Intrigued by the fasinating story, Krit watched Elise stride off back toward the camp. He wondered how many exciting adventures she had been on and what she had seen in her lifetime. Snapping back to the present he turned out towards the darkness once more and resumed his new shift as guard. After a few minutes past, he drew his bow and began stumming on the string, pressing different lengths of the string down onto the polished wooden frame to change the notes. He had learned this from his father and was quite proud of his unique ability to "play" his bow. Humming softly to himself a song his father once sung, he continued his watch dutifully.

LogicsFate

First Post
Elise sighs, and continues to watch the night sky, going over constellations in her head, till sleep finally embraces her. I hope this isn't going to be a long night

Last edited:

SuddenDawn

First Post
The kobold did not have a spell component pouch.

The rest of the night passes without incident. Both Elise and Gilthanus are able to rest sufficiently to recover their spells. (Go ahead and post the spells that the characters have prepared.)

As the morning breaks, the kobold's strained breathing changes slightly becoming more regular.

Dargon

First Post
Ces start to pack his stuff as he finish up he eyes the kobold. "I sure hope that one have something to say." Ces points at the kobold "I don't want to hurt him more then we need to but we will make him speech"

LogicsFate

First Post
Yeah... Should we give him the potion and get what we can out of him? Elise stands from her meditation postion. I don't know how long it'd take him to wake on his own...

[sblock= Spells Prepped]Spells Prepared
0- Detect Magic, Dancing Lights, Prestidigtation, Mending, Resistance (4+specialization)

1- Alarm, Color Sprayx2, Mount (2+Int bonus+specialization)[/sblock]

KriticalFailure

First Post
Rolling his bedroll and packing it away in his travelers pack Krit remarks, "Are we to wait to further our march until we have questioned the Kobold? Also, what is to be done with him after he gives us the information we desire?" as his fingers play along the new scorch marks and burnt holes in his cloak.

LogicsFate

First Post
I figure we'd b... We'd figure it out when when got to that point. Hopefully we can convince him of the problems with his current actions and convince him to go back to his family. Elise shruggs. If he continues with his attempting to do us harm, we defend ourselves.

Sirhahn

First Post
Yawning after a peaceful nights rest, Let's question the kobold before we proceed as Gilanthus breaks his camp and puts his bedroll back into his pack. If we are agreed, I'll give him just a drop of my potion and we can see if he comes to. Krit and Ces, if you'd be ready to intervene at the first sign of trouble...

Gilanthus uncorks his potion and dribbles a small amount into the kobold's mouth, waiting for the creatures reaction.

[sblock=Spells prepared]
0: Light, Read Magic, Detect Magic (3 total)
1: Mage Armor, Magic Missile (1 + INT Bonus)[/sblock]

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads