• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[LPF] A Soul Indiscretion

Gerald007

First Post
His transaction with the beggar concluded, Syl turns to the rest, "What is the plan ladies and gentlemen? Are we going to try to lure these things out and hack them apart? Assuming they can't exit the water, how are we going to get to them?"

toasterferret

Explorer
"Well, since the water limits us quite a bit, we could try shooting a few bolts at them down there, and hope to lure them onto the stairs or out the door where we could surround them, or throw in a chink of meat and hope they go into some kind of feeding frenzy and are distracted, so we can take pot-shots. Barring that we may just have to wade in, shields in front...unless anyone knows a more magical method of giving us an advantage?"

perrinmiller

Adventurer
Even though the immediate area is lit by The Duke's hammer, Borric pulls out a sunrod and strikes it to provide even more illumination. He reaches back to stick the shaft in the holder on his pack to let it shine light from over his left shoulder to free his hands to grip the guisarme.

Borric stands at the foot of the stairs [B-3], "I don't look forward to fighting in the water either. But at least we can see better now."

Then reaches out and pokes into the water with the bladed hook of his guisarme to perhaps see what they are dealing with. If the creatures can reach them, better to start the fight with everyone on dry land.

[sblock=OOC]Not sure you need an attack roll or not.
Here's this if needed yet: Initiative (1d20+4=18)[/sblock][sblock=Mini Stats]Initiative: +4
AC: 20 (18 without shield/flat-footed, 12 Touch)
HP: 13 Current: 13
CMB: +4 CMD: 16 Fort: +4 Reflex: +2 Will: +1

Current Weapon in Hand: Guisarme[/sblock]___________________________

Swash1.jpg
Borric Hawkins

Last edited:

Aldern Foxglove

First Post
OOC: Borric has no idea where any of the creatures are, there stealth checks are simply too high - Zelena made a 29 to see them. Assume that entering the water trigger init.

GlassEye

Adventurer
Fury, Human male Rogue

Fury moves up next to Borric [A3] and peers into the room shaking his head when he can't make anything out. "We may not have much choice in this." He looks back at the others, particularly the big man with the odd weapon. "You prepared to make a splash?"

[sblock=MiniStats][size=+1]Fury[/size] Human Rogue 2
Initiative: +6 Perception: +5

AC: 16 (14 touch; 12 flat-footed)
HP: 18 Current: 18
CMB: +3 CMD: 17 Fort: +1 Ref: +7 Will: +0

In Hand: rapier[/sblock]

perrinmiller

Adventurer
[sblock=OOC]Sorry, I was a little rushed and now realized that Zalena hasn't shared what she has seen. Though I am assuming she will. I edited the post to just poke into the water, since all I was trying to do was start combat with everyone on the stairs.

Looking back at the map, I think B-3 is partially in water? Wasn't my intention to actually get boots wet, per se. But if there is no reaction to just poking the guisarme into the water, then he would maybe step down a little to reach farther. So either way is fine by me.[/sblock]

Aldern Foxglove

First Post
The water at the top of the steps is mere inches deep, but it looks too be around four feet deep in the room, most of the party will need to wade and Zelena would need to swim.

[sblock=OOC]The water counts as difficult terrain to all save Zelena who will actually need to swim. For our purposes entering the water entails leaving the stair - despite the lowest one being covered with a few inches of water.[/sblock]

[sblock=perrinmiller]No problem perrinmiller, but for the record most of you won't see them even if you have the sqaure pointed out, Zelena barely made the perception check.
[/sblock]

Last edited:

toasterferret

Explorer
Falkner steps up behind Fury (A-2), prepared to do what he can in the tight quarters.

[sblock=Mini Stats]
Falkner Human Cavalier 1
Initiative: +2 Perception: +0

AC: 20 (12 touch; 18 flat-footed)
HP: 12 Current: 12
CMB: +4 CMD: 16 Fort: +4 Ref: +2 Will: +0

In Hand: Sword and Shield
[/sblock]

Remove ads