[LPF] About a Cow

GlassEye

Adventurer
The Jezz Farmstead

[section]
Jezz nods vigorously at Arradon's suggestion that they should hurry on. He turns and heads off down the road. Behind, you can hear the sounds of a brawl and then the faint voice of the caravan master.

"Leave off now; wouldn't do to kill a nobleman's servant. He's learned his lesson..."

Once on the road the journey is pleasant, if boring. Jezz doesn't talk much except to point out the various crops in the fields along the way. Aelspeth's cart slows the group down a little and so the sky is purpling to night before Jezz leads you up a track to his farmstead. The farmer points out the main house and the barn to one side. The branches of a large oak can be seen stretching up behind the house. Fields stretch off along either side of the track and woods stretch out behind the house into light forest.

"We can put the cart and animals in the barn. Yer welcome ta stay in the house but you might have a bit more space in the barn if that matters to ya. The wife should have some fresh bread and stew. Don't mind the children; they's just likely to be curious."

Jezz does most of the work in getting Aelspeth's gear and animals situated in the barn then he leads everyone to the house where his wife, having seen Jezz come up the track with strangers, is busy setting out a hearty meal on the long plank table.
[/section]

GM: Please review my posting expectations in the first post of this thread. The past five days have been nowhere close to the expectations so we either need to have more activity or I need to open a discussion in the LPF forum so we can figure out a mutually acceptable compromise.

MerryMortician

Explorer
Aelspeth Noromiel, Emergent Conjurer

Leaving the volatile caravaneers behind does not sit well on Aelspeth's conscience. The huntress is obviously meek, the large boisterous man in their company speaks as though he is quick to see bloodshed, and she knows from experience that she and Arradon are woefully unequipped to engage in hand-to-hand combat without considerable support. Most frustrating is the utter lack of response from the other young woman in the travelling party. The elf remains quiet through the majority of the trek to Jezz's farmstead.

Aelspeth mumbles some thanks to Farmer Jezz when he attends to her animals and belongings. She initially attempts to argue that he needn't go to such trouble but his swatting at the air and insistence to see her things stowed safely make it apparent that she would only offend some sort of rural hospitality by protesting further. She treats Kasmir and Sancho to an apple apiece for their steadfast obedience even when other travelers were abuzz with violent tension.

As the group moves from the barn to the main house, Aelspeth steps alongside Barnibus. [color=#993ff]"Excuse me,"[/color] she says with an air of formality. "I wanted to express my appreciation for your attempt at diffusing that ugly scene outside Venza today. Your effort in that matter speaks to a compassionate heart and this gives me comfort if I am to work with you." She glances over her shoulder at Kristia then returns her attention to the skald. "I find callous inaction in the face of adversity and at cost to strangers to be most unbecoming of some in this region."

[sblock=Aelspeth Mini Stats]Aelspeth
HP: 13/13
AC: 13 FF: 10 T: 13
CMB: +0 CMD: 13
Fort: +2 Reflex: +4 Will: +4
Special: Immune to magical sleep, +2 on saving throws against Enchantment
Perception: +2 S. Motive: +0
Initiative: +3
Conditions in Effect: ---
Weapon in Hand: Quarterstaff (as walking stick)
Shift: 5 ft, 7/7 remaining
0 Level: Acid Splash, Detect Magic, Ghost Sound, Mage Hand
1st Level: Grease, Unseen Servant, Color Spray, Color Spray
Consumables: ---
[/sblock]

FrancisJohn

Explorer
[section]Autumn Foxfire - Natural Mystic

Autumn watches Aelspeth's interaction's with simultaneous wonder and scrutiny. She reminds me of my mother. I wonder if all elves are haughty and judgmental towards humans. I didn't take any action either.... She catches herself staring, hopefully before anyone else does too.

It occurs to Autumn that she has never stayed in another house besides her parents before, due to the fact that she lived in near isolation with them in the Harran Forest. She camped outside every night since leaving their abode on the way to Venza.

Although she would no doubt be more comfortable in the barn, her curiosity got the best of her. That was another common criticism of her mother. She could hear her mother's voice clearly in her head: 'silly humans.... always concerning themselves with useless trifles.... no wonder they have such short life spans.' Although not the most positive of memories, pangs of sorrow strike Autumn, as she sorely misses her parents so.

"J-J-Jezz, would you mind if I stayed in the house, if it's not too much trouble." I think that's how my parents told me that manners go. "I would greatly appreciate the hospitality." She blushes a little, but gives a genuine smile.

[/section]

[sblock=Mini-Stats]
Character Sheet

HP: 16/16
AC: 14 FF:12 T:12

Initiative: +4

CMB: 3 CMD: 15
Fort: +2 Reflex: +2 Will: +4

Perception: +9

Longsword: +4, 1d8+2, 19/x2, S
C. Longbow: +4, 1d8+2, 20/x3, P, 80 ft.
Dagger: +3, 1d4+2, 19/x2, P/S, 10 ft.
Fire Bolt: +3, 1d6+1, 20/x2, Touch 30 ft.

Firebolts Available: 7/7

Point-Blank Shot: +1/+1 attack/damage within 30 ft.

Spells Prepared:
Orisons: Create Water, Detect Magic, Light, Stabilize
Level 1: Cure Light Wounds, Entangle, Obscuring Mist
[/sblock]

ealt

Explorer
Arradon Delgaran

[section]
The smell of the stew makes Arradon's stomach rumble, making him him realize that it has been a few days since he had a proper meal. He takes a seat at the table that faces the door and gladly accepts a steaming bowl of stew and a thick slice of crusty bread from Jezz's wife. He nods his gratitude and tears into the meal with unexpected gusto.
[/section]

[sblock=Arradon Delgaran Mini-Stats]
Arradon Delgaran
AC: 15 (12 flat-footed, 13 touch)
HP: 18/18
CMB: +1 CMD: 14

Fort: +1 Reflex: +6 Will: +0
Bluff: +9 Diplomacy: +7 Disable Device: +10 Perception: +7 Sense Motive: +4 Sleight of Hand: +7 Stealth: +8
Initiative: +5

Sneak Attack: 1d8 (Dagger) 1d4 (Hand Crossbow)
Hidden Blade: +1

Feats: Blind-Fight

Current Weapon in Hand: None
Current Conditions in Effect: None
Temporary items in possession: None
Items not currently in possession: None
Items depleted: None
[/sblock]

resrick

First Post
latest

Barnibua mutters to himself as he catches his companions out of the corner of his eye moving on down the road. "Well good sir it looks like I have no time to spare to assist you any further in this situation." He looks to the man siting in the caravan,"You may want to head my advise though my friend. Having an angry group behind you would most likely not be beneficial to you. Just a thought."

Barnibus rushes to catch up to his companions. "Well, that could have turned out much better. So much for the kindness of strangers I guess. This countries ways are still most unique to me. Guess I must learn when to let a sleeping dog lie." He grumbles a little to himself, but soon finds his spirit uplifted by the many sights around him and the prospect of glorious combat ahead.

As they arrive to the farm, Barnibus sets about helping stow away the cart and goes in with the others. As he sets down to the meal he notices little ones out of the corner of his eye, staring from around a corner at the curious barbarian. He smiles and gives a slight wink at the children and continues on with his stew, enjoying the hospitality of the farmer and his wife.

[sblock=ministats] Barnibus the Beautiful

AC: 16
HP: 10
CMB: +3 CMD: 15
Fort: +3 Reflex: +3 Will: +2

Perception: +0
Initiative: + 2

Used Items: None
Raging Songs: 5/5
Cantrips: Summon Instrument, Light, Detect Magic, Prestidigitation
Lvl 1: (0/2 used) Cure Light Wounds, Moment of Greatness
http://livingpf.wikia.com/wiki/Barnibus_the_Beautiful_(Resrick)
[/sblock]

GlassEye

Adventurer
The Jezz Farmstead

[section]
Jezz tugs his forelock and nods at Autumn's request.

"Surely, Lady Autumn. The missus and me be givin' you ladies the master suite." He grins and motions to an alcove separated from the main kitchen and living area by a curtain. The alcove contains a large, comfortable looking bed. "We be stayin' with the young ones in the loft. You men can stay in the kitchen or the barn as suits ya."

Jezz nods and looks uncertain whether the accommodations and food are suitable but when Arradon begins eating with abandon Jezz grins and follows suit.

The Jezz children range in age from a toddler to a teen and there are seven in all, presuming you managed to count them all as they tumble about the kitchen lending aid, getting in the way, and pestering the visitors to their home. They are wide-eyed with wonder at the sight of elves but it is Barnibus' affable ways that wins them over and gets them giggling.

All too soon the meal is over and Jezz and his wife shoo the children up to the loft and follow them up leaving the women to take the bed and Arradon and Barnibus to decide whether to stay in the kitchen or the barn.
[/section]

ealt

Explorer
Arradon Delgaran

[section]
His meal finished, Arradon turns towards Barnibus. "I'll take the barn if it's all the same to you. I prefer the solitude." He heads out the door towards the barn, his dark form quickly fading out of view in the day's last light.
[/section]

[sblock=Arradon Delgaran Mini-Stats]
Arradon Delgaran
AC: 15 (12 flat-footed, 13 touch)
HP: 18/18
CMB: +1 CMD: 14

Fort: +1 Reflex: +6 Will: +0
Bluff: +9 Diplomacy: +7 Disable Device: +10 Perception: +7 Sense Motive: +4 Sleight of Hand: +7 Stealth: +8
Initiative: +5

Sneak Attack: 1d8 (Dagger) 1d4 (Hand Crossbow)
Hidden Blade: +1

Feats: Blind-Fight

Temporary items in possession: None
Items not currently in possession: None
Items depleted: None
[/sblock]

GlassEye

Adventurer
Aelspeth and Autumn settle into the large, down-filled bed with the curtain pulled to give them a little privacy. It is likely the most comfortable bed either woman has ever slept in and it quickly draws them down into sleep.

Barnibus' accommodations are not nearly so comfortable: he has a pallet in front of the kitchen fireplace that is still radiating warmth from the evening cooking. Jezz' beer is much more relaxing and combined with the warmth Barnibus sinks into a doze.

Arradon finds the barn provides suitable solitude if one discounts the sheep, the horse, the donkey, and the dog that followed him from house to barn. There is plenty of hay that makes a fairly comfortable bed and Arradon, too, falls into sleep.

---

It is late in the night or maybe early morning when Autumn wakes. She isn't sure what pulled her from her sleep and she listens: Jezz' snore rumbles through the small house and Darwin's echoes it in a quieter and quicker counterpart. She can hear Aelspeth's soft breathing and Barnibus shifting uncomfortably in his sleep. Beyond that she isn't sure but some unwelcome sound woke her.

---

Arradon wakes. The sheep shift as if disturbed and he wonders what might have agitated them when he realizes he hears the soft, steady growl of the dog.

[sblock=OOC]The only two that are awake right now are Autumn and Arradon.

This is the CURRENT MAP. The avatars are tiny; my apologies for that. If you have problems, or you haven't used ditzie before let me know. Essentially, move your token on your turn, press return, and post a link to the new address for the next person.[/sblock]

MerryMortician

Explorer
[sblock=OOC]Hey All, sorry for the delay. Plans tonight exploded so I got home especially late and I'm falling asleep at the computer. I'll get my IC post up tomorrow![/sblock]

FrancisJohn

Explorer
[section]Autumn Foxfire - Natural Mystic

Autumn opens her eyes, but lays motionless for a moment. She has brief lapse of confusion and panic in her unfamiliar surroundings. A deep breath calms her nerves and looks around. Everything is as she remembered, but something was different; something wasn't right.

She jumps out of bed, and quickly grabs her supplies. She taps on Aelspeth on the shoulder. "W-w-wake up.... I'm not sure what woke me, but something is going on." When her adrenaline kicks in, some aspect of her timbre becomes much, much more confident. "Get Barnibus. I'm going outside to see what's going on." She quitely leaves the house, taking care to be as silent as possible, but unfortunately her quiver makes quite the audible knock as it catches on the door frame upon her exit. Autumn heads towards the barn to check on Arradon, although she still has severe doubts about his character. It's the right thing to do.

[/section]

[sblock=OOC]Rolls if needed
[sblock=Perception 29]Perception: 1D20+9 = [20]+9 = 29
[/sblock]
[sblock=Stealth 9]Stealth: 1D20+3 = [6]+3 = 9
[/sblock][/sblock]

[sblock=Mini-Stats]
Character Sheet

HP: 16/16
AC: 14 FF:12 T:12

Initiative: +4

CMB: 3 CMD: 15
Fort: +2 Reflex: +2 Will: +4

Perception: +9

Longsword: +4, 1d8+2, 19/x2, S
C. Longbow: +4, 1d8+2, 20/x3, P, 80 ft.
Dagger: +3, 1d4+2, 19/x2, P/S, 10 ft.
Fire Bolt: +3, 1d6+1, 20/x2, Touch 30 ft.

Firebolts Available: 7/7

Point-Blank Shot: +1/+1 attack/damage within 30 ft.

Spells Prepared:
Orisons: Create Water, Detect Magic, Light, Stabilize
Level 1: Cure Light Wounds, Entangle, Obscuring Mist
[/sblock]

Remove ads