• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Pathfinder 1E [LPF] Blessed Are the Cheesemakers

mfloyd3

Explorer
Iago ponders the elf's words. "If you choose to go alone, I could make a potion for you to slip the prisoner, if he is there," the half-orc offers. "It would make him invisible. If you could slip it to him with instructions to drink it when we begin our assault, it would keep him safe until we are finished."

[sblock=Iago stat block]
Iago
Initiative: +2
AC: 18 (15 flat-footed, 13 Touch)
HP: 50 Current: 50
CMB: +6 CMD: 19
Fort: +7 Reflex: +8 Will: +2;
PER Roll: +9/+11 (bonus for searching for objects or judging spoiled food)
Current Weapon in Hand: Longbow

Extracts prepared:
Level 1:
Shield
Shield
Identify
Expeditious Retreat
Enlarge Person

Level 2:
Alchemical Allocation
Bull's Strength
Protection from Arrows
*unassigned*

Read more: http://www.enworld.org/forum/showth...ssed-Are-the-Cheesemakers/page2#ixzz3Nlp7czQh

Mutagen prepared:
Strength: +2 Natural Armor Bonus, +4 STR, -2 INT

Weapons:
+1 Falchion: Attack: +7 = [BAB(4) + STR(2) + Misc(0) + Magic(1)]
Damage: 2d4+4, S, Crit: 18-20/x2

Bomb: Attack: +8* = [BAB(4) + DEX(3) + Misc(1**) + Magic(0)]
Damage: 3d6+6*, Fire, Crit: 20/x2 (only 1d6 multiplied); Rng: 20'
Special: Make 9 bombs/day
Bomb Save: DC 16 (10 +1/2 Alch lvl + INT mod)

MW Composite Longbow:
Attack: +8* = [BAB(4) + DEX(3) + Misc(+1, MW) + Magic(0)]
Damage: 1d8+2*, B, Crit: 20/x3, Rng: 110; Ammo: 20

*+1 to-hit, +1 dmg w/in 30’

Expended: 2 arrows, 1 acid flask
[/sblock]

perrinmiller

Adventurer
Pirvinia von Lichenstein, Human Female

Pirvinia4_zpsd6ee1686.jpg
Penelope_zps114a8462.jpg

Pirvinia acquiesced, not especially more courageous as she was practical. She had taken a moment to consider who would be better at the task and the one thing she felt weighed in Samad's favor was his expertise in stealth. Even invisible, she might be heard stumbling around in the lair.

“Okay, Samad, you should go in and try the rescue. I suggest that we still send Mazi with you. Tuck her away out of sight and if you need help, just tell her and let her fly out with what you need. I can always come in invisible and start laying waste to the goblins with fireballs if I must.”

[sblock=Mini-stats]Privinia von Lichenstein
Initiative:
+8, Perception: +8 (10 with Mazi)
AC: 14 (18 w/ Mage Armor) (Touch 13, Flat-footed 12)-> 18 with Mage Armor
HP:
44 Current: 44
CMD: 14, Fort: +4, Ref: +4, Will: +6 (Add +1 to Saves with Resistance)
Conditions in Effect: Eschew Materials, PBS, Precise Shot, Ring of Sustenance, Mage Armor

Weapon in Hand: Alchemical Flask
Spells Remaining: 1st Level: 6/8, 2nd Level: 7/7, 3rd Level 5/5

Mazi
Initiative:
+2 Senses: low-light vision, darkvision; Perception: +15
AC: 20 (Touch 16, flat-footed 18) -> 24 with Mage Armor
HP:
22 Current: 22
Fort: +0, Ref: +4, Will: +7
Conditions in effect: Improved Evasion, Empathic Link, Mage Armor
Weapon in Hand: Bite [Att: +9, dmg: 1d2-5(1 non-lethal)]

Combat Trained Light Horse
Initiative: +2 Senses: low-light vision, Scent; Perception: +6
AC: 13 (Touch 9, flat-footed 13)
HP: 15 Current: 15
Fort: +6, Ref: +5, Will: +1
Conditions in effect: War-trained, 50ft movement
Weapon in Hand: 2 Hooves [Att: +3, dmg: 1d4+3][/sblock]

Commander_Fallout

First Post
"Very well," Samad agreed, lifting his vest, as he could see no real harm in that, being that Mazi seemed not like other birds that would flitter and chirrup in a panic being put in a similar situation, "However, that fire may still see the sun yet. Should I go in and unbind him, make him disappear, the goblins may yet still notice that their captive is altogether gone. Being that this is a cave, I have no doubt that this is the first place they would look, and they would no doubt return to send out parties later. Those that would help take part in such a massacre would no doubt be loath to let go their major prize, I should think."

The elf nodded to Iago, "You say you have a mixture that would lift the veils of night? I would very much like that, if it is still an option."

[sblock=Samad's Mini Stats]
Samad Salil
AC: 18 (15 flat-footed, 13 touch)
HP: 44/44
Fort: +3 Reflex: +9 Will: +5
Perception: +14, Low Light Vision
Initiative: +5
Current Weapon in Hand: Longbow (+19, 1d8+4, 19-20/x3)
Current Conditions in Effect: Point-Blank Shot, Precise Shot
Spells Remaining (1st): 5/5
Spells Remaining (2nd): 4/4

Used Items:
Arrows (4/20 used)

Abilities Used:
Bardic Performance (0/19 rounds used)
[/sblock]

Last edited:

jkason

First Post
Ru Brike, human slayer

[sblock=ooc]My apologies to everyone on my absence. I've got Ru leveled (Studied Target as a Swift! Sweet. :) ), will get his mini stats for next post, but since he actually has something useful to add...[/sblock]

Ru snaps out of whatever odd fugue he's been in, pulling a pair of goggles from around his neck.

"Nobody go wasting any spells on seeing in the dark," he says. "Here, Lightfoot," he says to Samad, "These work as long as you wear them, no extra spells burned. Just make sure you give them back after, all right? They're my favorites."

[sblock=ooc]Ru owns Goggles of Night. Darkvision for as long as you wear 'em, no spells required. :)[/sblock]

Systole

First Post
GM: I'll need Stealth rolls from anyone going into the mine, after you've decided on spells to cast.

The rest of you will need to decide how close you want to get to the mine for when just in case things go badly. Also, Stealth rolls for that as well. PM, please note that Mazi will be coming out visible and will be a target for goblins if it comes to that.

perrinmiller

Adventurer
Pirvinia von Lichenstein, Human Female

Pirvinia4_zpsd6ee1686.jpg
Penelope_zps114a8462.jpg

Pirvinia gave her instructions to her familiar and then handed the tiny thrush to Samad for safekeeping. “Good luck, Samad. If you need to send her out, be sure to repeat the message you want her to give me a few times.”

Turning to the others, “Let's picket the horses out of sight before he goes in and the rest of us can find a place near the entrance to be ready to charge in or ambush the goblins of any come out. Does that sound like a plan?”

[sblock=Mini-stats]Privinia von Lichenstein
Initiative:
+8, Perception: +8 (10 with Mazi)
AC: 14 (18 w/ Mage Armor) (Touch 13, Flat-footed 12)-> 18 with Mage Armor
HP:
44 Current: 44
CMD: 14, Fort: +4, Ref: +4, Will: +6 (Add +1 to Saves with Resistance)
Conditions in Effect: Eschew Materials, PBS, Precise Shot, Ring of Sustenance, Mage Armor

Weapon in Hand: Alchemical Flask
Spells Remaining: 1st Level: 6/8, 2nd Level: 7/7, 3rd Level 5/5

Mazi
Initiative:
+2 Senses: low-light vision, darkvision; Perception: +15
AC: 20 (Touch 16, flat-footed 18) -> 24 with Mage Armor
HP:
22 Current: 22
Fort: +0, Ref: +4, Will: +7
Conditions in effect: Improved Evasion, Empathic Link, Mage Armor
Weapon in Hand: Bite [Att: +9, dmg: 1d2-5(1 non-lethal)]

Combat Trained Light Horse
Initiative: +2 Senses: low-light vision, Scent; Perception: +6
AC: 13 (Touch 9, flat-footed 13)
HP: 15 Current: 15
Fort: +6, Ref: +5, Will: +1
Conditions in effect: War-trained, 50ft movement
Weapon in Hand: 2 Hooves [Att: +3, dmg: 1d4+3][/sblock] [sblock=OOC]I am assuming Mazi would be invisible until Samad took her out of his pocket (or wherever) and released her. Then her made flight would be visible.

What's the terrain around the mine/lair entrance like? How close were we during our discussion?[/sblock]

mfloyd3

Explorer
Iago nods to Samad. "I will make that potion of invisbility," he says, and begins mixing ingredients. It takes roughly a minute, but at the end he mixes a blue solution with a dark liquid and the mixture disappears, leaving an empty glass vial. He stoppers it and hands it to the elf. "I added some mint to it, in case the cheesemaker has a sensitive stomach."

[sblock=ooc]
My suggestion is that if the terrain is favorable, we try to get within 50' of the entry. Then, on a full move we can get there in time to prevent the goblins from lowering a barricade. I worry that 30' may be too close.

Iago's stealth roll. (1d20+2=22)
Oh, NOW I get the good roll...
[/sblock]

[sblock=Iago stat block]
Iago
Initiative: +2
AC: 18 (15 flat-footed, 13 Touch)
HP: 50 Current: 50
Fort: +7 Reflex: +8 Will: +2;
PER Roll: +9/+11 (bonus for searching for objects or judging spoiled food)
Current Weapon in Hand: Longbow

Extracts prepared:
Level 1:
Shield
Shield
Identify
Expeditious Retreat
Enlarge Person

Level 2:
Alchemical Allocation
Bull's Strength
Protection from Arrows
*unassigned*

Read more: http://www.enworld.org/forum/showth...ssed-Are-the-Cheesemakers/page2#ixzz3Nlp7czQh

Mutagen prepared:
Strength: +2 Natural Armor Bonus, +4 STR, -2 INT

Weapons:
+1 Falchion: Attack: +7 = [BAB(4) + STR(2) + Misc(0) + Magic(1)]
Damage: 2d4+4, S, Crit: 18-20/x2

Bomb: Attack: +8* = [BAB(4) + DEX(3) + Misc(1**) + Magic(0)]
Damage: 3d6+6*, Fire, Crit: 20/x2 (only 1d6 multiplied); Rng: 20'
Special: Make 9 bombs/day
Bomb Save: DC 16 (10 +1/2 Alch lvl + INT mod)

MW Composite Longbow:
Attack: +8* = [BAB(4) + DEX(3) + Misc(+1, MW) + Magic(0)]
Damage: 1d8+2*, B, Crit: 20/x3, Rng: 110; Ammo: 20

*+1 to-hit, +1 dmg w/in 30’

Expended: 2 arrows, 1 acid flask
[/sblock]

Commander_Fallout

First Post
Mazi vanished inside of Samad's vest as he let it fall back in place, to which he noted, "I will try not to make any rash movements, then."

He took the lenses from Ru, thanking him graciously and promising for them a swift return, before realizing that he had not seen before a device such as this. Looking them over, he reasoned that they must work like an agal, and so he slid them over his head and over his eyes, which seemed to do the trick. Lastly he took the vial from Iago, sliding it into his belt. These blessings from his allies in hand, the nomad declared, "If this is the course of action I am to take, then, if the cheese maker is truly there, then I shall return with him."

He then turned, and vanished into the yawning abyss.
[sblock=OOC]Invisible Castle's not working for me, so Samad will just take a 10 on his stealth roll, giving him a 22.[/sblock]
[sblock=Samad's Mini Stats]Samad Salil
AC: 18 (15 flat-footed, 13 touch)
HP: 44/44
Fort: +3 Reflex: +9 Will: +5
Perception: +14, Low Light Vision
Initiative: +5
Current Weapon in Hand: Longbow (+19, 1d8+4, 19-20/x3)
Current Conditions in Effect: Point-Blank Shot, Precise Shot
Spells Remaining (1st): 5/5
Spells Remaining (2nd): 4/4

Used Items:
Arrows (4/20 used)

Abilities Used:
Bardic Performance (0/19 rounds used)
[/sblock]

BigB

First Post
View attachment 67272
Tsaaruk listens as the plans are being made. He is nervous about Samad going in alone but there is no way the entire group could sneak in and find the cheesemaker. He grips his hammer anxiously as he waits to move into position. "We will be here ready if you need us."He moves to position with the others and waits.....

[sblock=mini stats]

Tsaaruck
Initiative +1
AC: 20 (with shield/ Flat:19, Touch: 12)
HP: 77/80
CMB: +12 / CMD: 24 Fort: +8 / Ref: +3 / Will: +3
Resistence: 0
Current Weapon in Hand: Shield & +1 shocking Warhammer
Rage: 14/14
Renewed Vigor: 1/1
Lesser Elemental Blood: 3/3

CLW wand 50/50

http://livingpf.wikia.com/wiki/Tsaaruk(BIGB)#Finances
[/sblock]

Systole

First Post
Samad tucks the bird into his coat and slips inside. He's immediately assaulted by the smell of a well-lived in goblin lair, which causes his stomach to churn and heave. He manages to choke back his nausea, but it is a close thing.

Inside the mine, the southern elf slips past a sentry post where the lone watcher is facing back into the cave and cheering loudly. In the first chamber, four goblins are engaged in some sort of sport which seems to be a combination of an eating contest and a free-for-all wrestling match. Despite the silliness of the game itself, Samad can see that the goblins are actually seasoned combatants, and far more dangerous than the usual rabble. Another half-dozen goblins stand nearby, cheering the contestants on. From the bruises and foodstains, it appears there have been several matches already. Distracted, the goblins don't notice their invisible visitor.

A pair of passages lead deeper into the mine, each to a separate room with a handful of bored or sleeping goblins. Here, Samad loses count of the goblins, as several of the sleepers are buried in a tangle of dirty animal pelts in a jumble of limbs. Samad checks one room and then the other, and realizes that they converge on a fourth and final room at the end of the mine. Sneaking into that, he sees a pair of goblins deep in conversation at the far end of the room. One of the goblins seems to be dressed in the best gear that the tribe owns, probably making him the chieftan. The other holds a crooked staff and wears some sort of wretched goblin holy symbol. A crude throne, a bloodstained stone altar, and some oversized drums also stand nearby.

The decor is made complete by a cage lashed together of sinew and stout branches. Inside sits a young man with short, dark hair. He looks bruised, filthy, and tired but is otherwise in relatively good shape considering what the past few days must have been like.

[sblock=OOC]
Goblin_mine.png

11 goblins in the first room, 3-5 in the north room, 3-5 in the south room, 2 in the east room[/sblock]

Remove ads