Pathfinder 1E [LPF] Blessed Are the Cheesemakers

Commander_Fallout

First Post
"Mayhaps the alliance between the goblins and harpies was strained, and this was where they finally came to blows." Samad glanced around from atop horseback. The scene was troubling, but, perhaps, if their enemies were fighting among themselves, then, perhaps, it would make their own job much easier.
[sblock=OOC]Perception (1d20+14=24)
Survival (1d20+4=11)[/sblock]
[sblock=Samad's Mini Stats]
Samad Salil
AC: 18 (15 flat-footed, 13 touch)
HP: 44/44
CMB: +6 CMD: 19
Fort: +3 Reflex: +9 Will: +5
Perception: +14, Low Light Vision
Initiative: +5
Current Weapon in Hand: Longbow (+19, 1d8+4, 19-20/x3)
Current Conditions in Effect: Point-Blank Shot, Precise Shot
Spells Remaining (1st): 5/5
Spells Remaining (2nd): 4/4

Used Items:
Arrows (4/20 used)

Abilities Used:
Bardic Performance (0/19 rounds used)
[/sblock]

jkason

First Post
Ru raises an eyebrow as the group comes across the clear signs of inner conflict.

"I don't suppose a ragtag group like that were likely to play nice for too terribly long, anyway," he says. He slides off his horse and starts studying the ground.

"The real question is: did our boys take advantage of the distraction and manage to slip away?"

[sblock=ooc]Perception (add 3 vs traps); Survival (track) (1d20+9=12, 1d20+5=13)

Afraid Ru will never be terribly good at this. :) [/sblock]

[sblock=Rules Stuff] I can't answer the level question, [MENTION=88649]perrinmiller[/MENTION] , but Improved Familiar looks pretty clear to me:

Feat Description said:
This feat allows you to acquire a powerful familiar, but only when you could normally acquire a new familiar.

Feat doesn't allow for any special exemption / new opportunity to acquire a new familiar, so it should fall under this:

Familiar rules said:
If a familiar is dismissed, lost, or dies, it can be replaced 1 week later through a specialized ritual that costs 200 gp per wizard level. The ritual takes 8 hours to complete.

Unless I'm missing a rule where leveling allows you to replace a familiar without dismissing it, it looks like Pirvinia has to dismiss Mazi, wait a week, then perform the ritual in order to gain an Improved model[/sblock]

[sblock=mini stats]
Ru_Portrait_zpsbc1b0cc0.jpg

Ru Brike
AC: 21 (Touch 16, Flatfooted 17)
HP: 62/62

Initiative: +4
Perception: +9 (+11 Studied Target(s), +12 Traps)
Sense Motive: +5 (+7 Studied Target(s))
CMB: +6 CMD: 21 Fort: +8 Reflex: +10 Will: +4
(conditional: +2 vs. divination effects, +3 Ref vs. traps)

Wakizashi +1: +11/+6, 1d6+1
Wakizashi (TWF): +9/+8/+4/+3, 1d6+1/1d6
Light Mace: +10/+5, 1d6
Light Mace (TWF): +8/+8/+3/+3, 1d6/1d6
Longbow: +10/+5, 1d8
Conditional Attack mods: +2d6 Sneak Attack (when denied Dex), +1 Dirty Fighter (flank), +2 Attack / dmg vs. Studied Target (move action or with sneak attack success, up to 2 targets), -2/+4 Power Attack

Conditions: None

In Hand: Wakizashi x2
CLW Wand charges: 35/35 remaining
[/sblock]

Systole

First Post
tranqu10.jpg

After a some time examining the scene, the pieces begin to fall together for Iago. The tree that was used as a club clearly has both goblin blood and harpy feathers on it, and a broken goblin sword likewise has a harpy feather stuck to it. The goblins, the harpies, and the large humanoid apparently had a falling-out, followed by a free-for-all which ended with all three sides retreating -- bruised and bloody, by the looks of it.

Furthermore, the human bootprints were divvied up during the retreat. The goblins surrounded one of the humans and drove him north-northwest, circling around to the west side of Mount Yamantau. The large humanoid (which you are reasonably sure is an ogre at this point -- trolls don't usually wear shoes and giants are somewhat larger) took one of the humans south and east for a short time, and then the human bootprints disappear. The obvious conclusion is that the probably-ogre picked up the human and carried him somewhere to the south side of the mountain.

The final set of human bootprints heads straight northeast, directly up toward the peak. A few of the trees along the path are stained with harpy blood in the branches, so it seems that the foul creatures led the third prisoner along with their captivating song. The human footprints lurch and stumble, as if their maker were not in full control of his senses.

Mazi is able to scout the mountain, and it seems fairly clear that the goblins are inhabiting an abandoned mine on the lower slopes of the mountain's west face. On the south side, about midway up, is a cave with a mouth that could accommodate a large-sized humanoid, and that has several crude furs tanning on a rack outside. Finally, near the peak, an ancient crumbling watchtower apparently serves as the harpies' aerie. Knowing that harpies are present, Mazi is understandably nervous about investigating too closely.

Three prisoners. Three trails. Three monster lairs. What do you do?

[sblock=OOC]The three trails are sufficiently separate that the lairs can be approached in any order.

Yamantau.png
[/sblock]

jkason

First Post
Ru Brike, human slayer

"I suppose we're lucky there were three brothers," Ru says. "Otherwise, they might have just ripped a poor solo prisoner in thirds, the way this lot's working.

"The goblins seem closest,"
the southerner offers, pointing to the trail. "Also, they're goblins. Tiny and sneaky. I'd rather know they're out of the way before we move onto the other nasties, so they don't come creeping up behind us."

[sblock=mini stats]
Ru_Portrait_zpsbc1b0cc0.jpg

Ru Brike
AC: 21 (Touch 16, Flatfooted 17)
HP: 62/62

Initiative: +4
Perception: +9 (+11 Studied Target(s), +12 Traps)
Sense Motive: +5 (+7 Studied Target(s))
CMB: +6 CMD: 21 Fort: +8 Reflex: +10 Will: +4
(conditional: +2 vs. divination effects, +3 Ref vs. traps)

Wakizashi +1: +11/+6, 1d6+1
Wakizashi (TWF): +9/+8/+4/+3, 1d6+1/1d6
Light Mace: +10/+5, 1d6
Light Mace (TWF): +8/+8/+3/+3, 1d6/1d6
Longbow: +10/+5, 1d8
Conditional Attack mods: +2d6 Sneak Attack (when denied Dex), +1 Dirty Fighter (flank), +2 Attack / dmg vs. Studied Target (move action or with sneak attack success, up to 2 targets), -2/+4 Power Attack

Conditions: None

In Hand: Wakizashi x2
CLW Wand charges: 35/35 remaining
[/sblock]

perrinmiller

Adventurer
Pirvinia von Lichenstein, Human Female

Pirvinia4_zpsd6ee1686.jpg
Penelope_zps114a8462.jpg

Pirvinia returned into her saddle as they found the three trails and heard the report on where the various monsters went. From what they knew, there did not appear to be any evidence to show which of the missing Weathersmiths would be in the most danger.

“Yes, Ru. I think we have to just decide based upon what we think. The goblins are probably the best ones to deal with first. Those little cretins are likely the most unpredictable and therefore volatile. They might be cunning, but they could very well decide to roast their prisoner alive for sport.”

“Let us hope we are not too late.”

She was ready to spur her mount into action to pick up the trail quickly. Mazi took wing as usual to keep watch ahead.

[sblock=Mini-stats]Privinia von Lichenstein
Initiative:
+8, Perception: +6 (8 with Mazi)
AC: 14 (18 w/ Mage Armor) (Touch 13, Flat-footed 12)-> 18 with Mage Armor
HP:
38 Current: 31
CMD: 14, Fort: +4, Ref: +4, Will: +6 (Add +1 to Saves with Resistance)
Conditions in Effect: Eschew Materials, PBS, Precise Shot, Ring of Sustenance, Mage Armor

Weapon in Hand: Alchemical Flask
Spells Remaining: 1st Level: 7/9, 2nd Level: 5/5, 3rd Level 3/4

Mazi
Initiative:
+2 Senses: low-light vision, darkvision; Perception: +14
AC: 19 (Touch 16, flat-footed 17) -> 23 with Mage Armor
HP:
19 Current: 19
Fort: +0, Ref: +4, Will: +7
Conditions in effect: Improved Evasion, Empathic Link, Mage Armor
Weapon in Hand: Bite [Att: +9, dmg: 1d2-5(1 non-lethal)]

Combat Trained Light Horse
Initiative: +2 Senses: low-light vision, Scent; Perception: +6
AC: 13 (Touch 9, flat-footed 13)
HP: 15 Current: 15
Fort: +6, Ref: +5, Will: +1
Conditions in effect: War-trained, 50ft movement
Weapon in Hand: 2 Hooves [Att: +3, dmg: 1d4+3][/sblock][sblock=OOC Stuff]@Systole, do you know when Pirvinia reached 7th level and am I cleared to level her up?[/sblock]

Systole

First Post
[sblock=OOC]Without checking exact numbers, I believe Pirvinia would have leveled on 26 January. I will have the exact numbers before the next encounter, but definitely not today and I'm not sure about tomorrow.

EDIT: And yes, go ahead and level if you'd like.[/sblock]

mfloyd3

Explorer
"They won't have eaten them," Iago assures the sorceress. "Don't you see? They each took one of the brothers. That only makes sense if someone else is willing to pay for them -- The cheesemakers were kidnapped to sell to another party."

He frowns as he draws himself onto his horse. "Though that raises more questions than it answers."

[sblock=Iago stat block]
Iago
Initiative: +2
AC: 18 (15 flat-footed, 13 Touch)
HP: 50 Current: 50
CMB: +6 CMD: 19
Fort: +7 Reflex: +8 Will: +2;
PER Roll: +9/+11 (bonus for searching for objects or judging spoiled food)
Current Weapon in Hand: Longbow

Extracts prepared:
Level 1:
Shield
Shield
Identify
Expeditious Retreat
Enlarge Person

Level 2:
Alchemical Allocation
Bull's Strength
Protection from Arrows
*unassigned*

Read more: http://www.enworld.org/forum/showth...ssed-Are-the-Cheesemakers/page2#ixzz3Nlp7czQh

Mutagen prepared:
Strength: +2 Natural Armor Bonus, +4 STR, -2 INT

Weapons:
+1 Falchion: Attack: +7 = [BAB(4) + STR(2) + Misc(0) + Magic(1)]
Damage: 2d4+4, S, Crit: 18-20/x2

Bomb: Attack: +8* = [BAB(4) + DEX(3) + Misc(1**) + Magic(0)]
Damage: 3d6+6*, Fire, Crit: 20/x2 (only 1d6 multiplied); Rng: 20'
Special: Make 9 bombs/day
Bomb Save: DC 16 (10 +1/2 Alch lvl + INT mod)

MW Composite Longbow:
Attack: +8* = [BAB(4) + DEX(3) + Misc(+1, MW) + Magic(0)]
Damage: 1d8+2*, B, Crit: 20/x3, Rng: 110; Ammo: 20

*+1 to-hit, +1 dmg w/in 30’

Expended: 2 arrows, 1 acid flask
[/sblock]

BigB

First Post
Tsaaruck.jpg
"Goblins it is then. Let me know when we get close enough to dismount. I feel better fighting with my feet under me." Tsaaruk moves his big horse following the trail to the goblins. Now that he has a target he knows what to do. Introduce the goblins to his hammer and save the cheesemaker. These things he understands.

[sblock=mini stats]

Tsaaruck
Initiative +1
AC: 20 (with shield/ Flat:19, Touch: 12)
HP: 77/80
CMB: +12 / CMD: 24 Fort: +8 / Ref: +3 / Will: +3
Resistence: 0
Current Weapon in Hand: Shield & +1 shocking Warhammer
Rage: 14/14
Renewed Vigor: 1/1
Lesser Elemental Blood: 3/3

CLW wand 50/50

http://livingpf.wikia.com/wiki/Tsaaruk(BIGB)#Finances
[/sblock]

Systole

First Post
GM: I have done the numbers.

Pirvinia leveled to 7 on 26 January 2015, with 23684 XP.
Samad leveled to 7 on 26 January 2015, with 23159 XP.

Also, Ru leveled to 7 on literally the first day of the adventure, back on 17 Dec 2014. Total for that day was 23019 XP. Current total is 27826 XP. I thought this had all gotten taken care of back then, but jk was on vacation and I can't find any messages to that effect, so apparently I imagined all that. Sorry.

Systole

First Post
goblinmine.jpg

You're able to get fairly close to the abandoned mine without issue. Ru and Samad scout forward quickly, but as far as either of them can tell, there are no sentries. Which makes a sort of sense, to be fair: even if the goblins at odds with the ogre and the harpies, neither of those foes would pose much of a threat in the tight confines of the mine.

From inside, there is a flicker of firelight and the sounds of a raucous goblin celebration.

Remove ads