• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[LPF] Buyer's Remorse

perrinmiller

Adventurer
Borric Hawkins, Male Human Fighter

Borric, sensing danger when these thugs approach, loosens his shield just in case. As they begin coming after their employer with nefarious intend he lets the towel fall to the ground to free up his sword arm, be the delay causes him to be slower to react.

Sensing that the young man, Iosef, is going to cut in front of him, he snarls, "Take the other side, boy! These blighters are mine!"

[sblock=OOC][MENTION=91452]rb780nm[/MENTION]; Please don't move to H-13, go to I-12 instead. I want to move to H-13 and potentially use my Cleave. In fact, you might want to delay just in case I get lucky and drop two of them. You can possibly avoid AoOs all together from G-13.

Most of this was fluff, but Borric would have loosened his shield after exiting the tavern anyway unless he wanted to carry around his bow in hand (but that would be more appropriate in the wilderness with more distance to spot threats).

I wanted to use orange. Maybe Mowgli will pick a different color. Of course to me it looks purple not pink. ;)[/sblock]___________________________

Swash1.jpg
Borric Hawkins

Aldern Foxglove

First Post
The half orc Narsh shrugs his shoulders and charges straight at Secalli! Snarling as he raises he brings his double axe around in a great arc but stumbling at the last moment and sending the razor sharp blade slicing through the air over the terrified merchant's head!

BuyersRemorseMap1d.jpg

OOC: Iosef is up! See below.

[sblock=Iosef]Pulling Secalli back will provoke from four opponents - Thug 1 is cowering and will not get an attack. If you choose to go ahead you may choose how the attacks of opportunity are distributed between Iosef and Secalli save for any attack which could only reach Secalli - Souza if you are in H13, Thug 3 if you are in I12, etc.[/sblock]

[sblock=OOC Tactics]Stop it..... You can speak IC, but you lack a telepathic bond. B-) Other players will need to infer your meaning from your IC actions and words.[/sblock]

Last edited:

rb780nm

First Post
Iosef raises his shield and dashes forwards, slipping between his fellows until he is at their patron side. Grabbing hold of the older man, he bodily pulls him back from the fight, shoving him towards the rear.

As the old man stumbles back, he keeps his shield up trying to deflect the blows of the thugs.

OOC: move to I12 to give Borric space, grab secali and shove him back to "safety" (J13 if you think that's plausible), then advance into the square he vacated with an extra step.

I'll take all the OA that I can - to do otherwise wouldn't be vey paladin like, would it.

perrinmiller

Adventurer
[sblock=OOC Questions]Since I am waiting on results anyway, can you tell us what armor the Thugs (1, 2, and 3 and Souza) have visible?

Since we cannot discuss Tactics OOC, what are your rules regarding IC communication during combat?[/sblock]

[sblock=Borric's NPC'd Actions][MENTION=72232]Alder[/MENTION]n; If the update doesn't come before I am out of time, Borric plans to step into the gap left by Secalli being pulled back. I think he will be able to move all the way forward (Charge probably) to hit Thug 1 without provoking AoOs since those Thugs 2 & 3 will have already used theirs this round. Draw Battle Axe beforehand. Then cleave into Souza if possible. Not using Power Attack.

Then, since I will be AFK for 48+ hours, he will continue to attack the weakest looking target, finishing off any wounded ones if possible. From his position he should be able to use his 5ft step to stay adjacent to 2 targets to use cleave and probably flank if Thadeus if moving around to their rear.[/sblock]

Aldern Foxglove

First Post
As Iosef bravely shoves Secalli back taking his place, the thugs take their chances stabbing and hacking at the Paladin! Only one blade manages to penetrate the Aasimar's armor emerging red with the young paladin's blood. The Goldsmith staggers back and slams into the wall cowering.

OOC: Borric is up! I'll give perrinmiller a bit to see if he wishes to alter his actions before continuing.

[sblock=Armor]Are wearing Studded Leather Armor, you cannot tell what Souza is wearing as it is covered, though its obvious he is wearing something.[/sblock]

[sblock=IC Speech]IC speak is a free action that you can do at anytime, so long as you don't say more than could reasonably be said in 6 seconds.[/sblock]

BuyersRemorseMap1e.jpg

Last edited:

Aldern Foxglove

First Post
[sblock=Borric]I'm going to assume that perrimmiller's already off on his travels - he'll be unable to post for 48 hours and go with his original course of actions for Borric.[/sblock]

Borric steps forward and swings his battleaxe back before sweeping it towards the two thugs before him with a grunt of exertion, but his vigor overwhelms his aim and the axe fails to find flesh.

The thug ensorcelled by Sylvain turns and flees screaming something about serpents, offering Iosef an opportunity to cut him down as he does so.

The two remaining thugs stab at Borric, but neither can penetrate the fighter's guard.

OOC: Sylvain is up!
Iosef has an attack of opportunity on Thug 1.

BuyersRemorseMap1f.jpg

Last edited:

Gerald007

First Post
Syl Rd. 2

Seeing the one known as Souza directly in front of him and Thaddeus's wounded condition, Syl casts a quick arcane spell,hoping to give the bird-man a chance to defend himself.

(Cast Daze on Souza, DC 14 Will)

Aldern Foxglove

First Post
Souza's eyebrows raise in alarm as Sylvain chants, "Ah crap." For a moment his eyes unfocus, but then he shakes his head vigorously and snarls at the witch, "Nice try caster, I'm gonna enjoy making you bleed."

Souza raises his blades looking at Sylvain, but spins and attempts to bury both in Iosef's exposed back! But the Paladin's armor is sufficient to keep his hide intact.

OOC: Brân is up!

Last edited:

Ace Cipher Zero

First Post
OOC: Hey AF, you missed my 5 foot step last turn... I should be at J11, so now I get flanking by 5-foot-stepping to J10. But I'll carry on anyways. Sorry for taking so long to correct but I had a party that went kinda late and was sleeping it off.

Thaddeus heard the chanting, and saw the human's reaction; whatever the spell was, it certainly worked. Furthermore, that somewhat foolhardy Paladin had distracted him, so if he quickly sidestepped....

There. He had Souza's back facing him, now time to strike him down with a mighty blow!

rb780nm

First Post
*(a few seconds) Earlier*

As the thug under the enchantment flees, Iosef lashes out with his longsword at him.

OOC: Sorry about the misroll in the middle there.

Last edited:

Remove ads