[LPF] Coils of Flame

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
When he is handed the tool to return to Venza, Heinrich says to the others, "then come, we go!"

Satin Knights

First Post
[section]
Looking through the loot, "Can't. can't. Well, not as good for me. Can't. Nope. His. Well, looks like I will be taking my share in gold. There are a lot of things I want at the Mystic Pearl. The ring looks useful, but wouldn't benefit me. The gem, yeah, the gem is cute. I can spend that easily too if I need to."

When Anaerion invites her to go meet his mentor, "Well, okay, I guess so. Who is this patron guy? And how does he know me?"
[sblock=actions]Arianna will take her pay as the emerald and gold unless someone else is interested in the gem. She can't use the armor or ring. The other items seem better suited to others. Besides, she can't afford all the new toys she wants at the Pearl as it is.:heh:[/sblock][sblock=Arianna's mini-stats]Arianna Mermaid ~ Perception +9, Sense Motive +6, Stealth -1, Low Light Vision
Base HP 73/0, AC 14, 13 T, 13 FF, Init +2
Current HP: 71, Current AC: 18
CMB +5, CMD 17, Fort +7, Reflex +5, Will +10 . . Move 15'
MW Long Spear +6, d8 with 10' reach
MW DW Spear Gun +8, d8
Dagger +5, d4 or thrown +7, d4

Active Enhancements: -
In hand: none

Consumables: 15 spear gun bolts, 20 cold iron bolts, 10 days rations,
. . .... . . . . . . . 1 potions of Cure Light Wounds, (in scarf)
. . .... . . . . . . . 1 potions of Enlarge Person, Ant Haul, Summon Eidolon, Spider Climb (in scarf)
. . .... . . . . . . . 1 vial of anti-toxin, 1 holy water (in scarf)
. . .... . . . . . . . 1 potion of Cure Light Wounds (crutch)
. . .... . . . . . . . 1 potion of Lesser Restoration, 1 vial of anti-toxin (in backpack)
.......................1 wand of Lesser Rejuvenate Eidolon (12 charges)
.......................1 wand of Cure Light Wounds (
29 charges)

Summon Monster IV: 7/day, 0 used
.Cantrips: unlimited Detect Magic, Mage Hand, Drench, Jolt, Guidance, Breeze
Orisons: unlimited Stabilize, Detect Poison, Purify Food/Drink
1st Level: 5/day, 2 used Mage Armor, Lesser Rejuvenate Eidolon, Shield, Enlarge Person, Feather Fall, Life Conduit, Protection from Evil
1st Level: Memorized Bless, Divine Favor, Longstrider(d)
2nd level: 4/day, 1 used Haste, Lesser Evolution Surge, See Invisibility, Resist Energy
3rd level: 2/day, 1 used Heroism, Greater Magic Fang
Lesser Rod of Extend: 3 charges/day, 3 used
Ring of ForceFangs: 0/9 charges currently
Channel Positive Energy:
7/day, 6 used, 1d6 healing
Free Interrupt Abilities: Move HP from Arianna (real) to Teq (temp) to keep above zero

Beast (Teq Oola) ~ Perception +18, Sense Motive +6, Stealth +2, 60' Darkvision and Low Light Vision, Invisible and Ethereal
Base HP 73 Real / 62 Temp, AC 30, 12 T, 28 FF, Init +2, Resists: Fire 10
Current HP: 73/62, Current AC: 30
CMB +10, CMD 22, Fort +9+2, Reflex +7+2, Will +12+2. . Move 50' with Longstrider, Fly 40' Perfect, fly skill +19

Claw/Claw/Claw/Claw+10+1+2, d6+4+2+1+2IC Arcane Strike+ 1d6 shock +1 Greater Magic Fang+2 Heroism
MW Longspear +11, d8+6+2 Arcane Strike with 10' reach
MW Darkwood Speargun +9, d8+2 Arcane Strike
Dagger +10, d4+4 or thrown +8, d4+4+2 Arcane Strike
Jolt +8, d3, RTA spell

Active Enhancements: Evasion, Extended Mage Armor (5.0 of 12 hours), Extended Greater Magic Fang (13.0 hours), Extended Longstrider (1.0 hours), See Invisibility (6 minutes), Heroism (62 minutes)
In hand:
Conditions: AC 30, See Invisible and Ethereal, See in the dark 60[/sblock]
[/section]

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
The brash Gnome and his friend Tagaiwi appear at Anaerion's summons. He proves to be very pleased with the success of the mission, and questions you for about an hour after your initial descriptions. Once he's satisfied with his understanding of all that occurred, he pulls a pouch from his pack and gives one to each of you.

"Here is all the gold the Council at Tal Hallow would authorize me to release to you. It is not much compared to what you likely obtained within the shrine, but please accept it along with my most sincere thanks for your help in this matter, and the thanks of the Council. They have decreed that any of you are welcome within our borders, and will be treated as honored guests on any occasion when you visit."

[sblock=Odds & Ends]The tube is an Infinite Scrollcase. The pouch contains 500 GPs. If everything else is correct numbers wise that 500 should put you a few GP over expected treasure, but makes the total treasure divisible by 5.

First post is updated with final treasure and XP, and a pic of the spreadsheet for PMs review.

Thanks to everyone again for a great game! This feels like a sort of abrupt end, but it sets many of the players up for SKs game, and frees the others up to get to shopping and RPing in the DWI.

Feel free to talk here about the treasure split, of course.[/sblock]

Satin Knights

First Post
[sblock=ooc XP]If you wouldn't mind redoing the excel chart,
a) Arianna started with 20,668 XP instead of 20,648. It is just off twenty there.
b) Heinrich and Arianna should have leveled on just time on May 26th before the first fight finished.
c) Anaerion should have leveled on Sept 4th on time.
Thanks.

OOC: An hour? We're going to be late!! :p
[/sblock]

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
[sblock=OOC]Happy to - but it's apparently going to take a while. When I started re-doing it, a flaw in the chart was exposed. If the first encounter XP is set to zero (as for leveling a character before the first actual encounter) the treasure over/under does not take into account any of the treasure awarded throughout the adventure. This is an error in the formula that's probably going to take a while and a good bit of work to track down :(.

Never mind. I set the XP for the first level up to 50, which makes a negligible difference and is in favor of the party.

Also realized that I forgot to put Pari's payment in the first post. I'll correct that oversight and use the new money (1275 rather than the original number.[/sblock]

Last edited:

GlassEye

Adventurer
Elenka and Drevezh'korol, summoner and wood man

Elenka greets Pari with a weary nod and Drevezh'korol bows deeply.

"I believe we have resolved your problem for you and Heinrich has collapsed the cave so there should be no worry of a resurgence. I appreciate the payment and the good will of Tal Hallow means more to me than you know. I hope to travel there again some day."

[sblock=OOC/Actions]
I would like to keep the Longarm Bracers. They seem pretty useful for Drev. The other items can be taken by others or go to the Pearl.
[/sblock]

• • • Elenka Danyllova • • •

[sblock=MiniStats][size=+1]Elenka[/size] Human Summoner 8
Initiative: +2 Perception: +10

AC: 16 (12 touch; 14 flat-footed)
HP: 66 Current: 54
CMB: +7 CMD: 19 Fort: +3 Ref: +4 Will: +8

In Hand: terbutje
Conditions:
Spells:
  • 1st level: 0/5 remaining.
  • 2nd level: 0/5 remaining.
  • 3rd level: 0/3 remaining.
Special:
Summon Monster 4 7/7
Bond Senses 8/8 rounds remaining
Maker's Call (Transposition) 0/1 remaining
Rod of Extend: 2/3 remaining (3rd lv. or lower)

[size=+1]Drevezh'Korol[/size] Eidolon
Initiative: +2 Perception: +9; Darkvision 60 ft.

AC: 20 (12 touch; 18 flat-footed) See below
HP: 56 See below
CMB: +13 CMD: 25 Fort: +6 Ref: +4 Will: +5 (+9 vs. enchantment)

In Hand: slam (x2) +15 (2d6+8 +1d6 acid +1d6 fire)
Conditions:Extended Greater Magic Fang (+1/+1; 14/14 hours); Ablative Barrier (+2 AC, 22/40 pts., 8/8 hours), Shield (8/8 minutes), Evolution Surge (8/8 minutes), Unfetter (80/80 minutes)
Wearing: longarm bracers 1/3 remaining

Large Stats
Evolution Surge (Large): +8 STR, +4 CON, +2 Natural Armor, -2 DEX, -1 AC &
attack rolls, +1 CMB & CMD, -2 Fly, -4 Stealth, 10 ft. reach, STR evolution
costs double

Major Modifications:
STR: 30 +10 [32 +11 w/ belt]
DEX: 13 AC: 20, 10 touch, 19 flat-footed Current AC: 27, 11 T, 25 FF (Abl. Barrier +Shield +Haste)
CON: 17 HP: 68 Current HP: 25 [10 NL]

Attacks: Slam (x2) +17 (2d8+11); PA +15 (2d8+15) (+1/+0 haste, +1/+1 GMF)
15 ft. reach[/sblock]

Scott DeWar

Remembering the unidentified item, Elliman looks over it lazily as the others summon their transportation back.
Spellcraft to ID unidentifed tube (1d20+14=29)

[sblock=loot]The only things that Elliman are really interested in is the wand of summon monster, the potion, and possibly the tube, depending on what it turns out to be.[/sblock]
OOC: Are you interested, then , in the tube as it is an infinite scroll case?

Scott DeWar

The brash Gnome and his friend Tagaiwi appear at Anaerion's summons. He proves to be very pleased with the success of the mission, and questions you for about an hour after your initial descriptions. Once he's satisfied with his understanding of all that occurred, he pulls a pouch from his pack and gives one to each of you.

"Here is all the gold the Council at Tal Hallow would authorize me to release to you. It is not much compared to what you likely obtained within the shrine, but please accept it along with my most sincere thanks for your help in this matter, and the thanks of the Council. They have decreed that any of you are welcome within our borders, and will be treated as honored guests on any occasion when you visit."
Heinrich Watches every one, who in his opinion had a greater part in the vanquishing of the evil cult, as they choose what they will. He waits to see what is left over, adding to the story what minor parts he has to offer. He cant even try to keep from smiling when he gives his account of the destruction of the shrine to the evil being. "Ist goot to dispense of shrine to evil beings. Should never be rebuilt."

Remove ads